Endless Paradigm

Full Version: What Anime are you watching now?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Strike Witches (well re-watching.)
Black Lagoon: Roberta's Blood Trail
Bakemonogatari
KissXsis
High School of the Dead
Evangelion: 2.0 You Can (Not) Advance
Rainbow
Nana

Too much stuff o.0
Of the new summer anime I've seen:

Seitokai Yakuindomo
High School of the Dead
Mitsudomoe

So far I've enjoyed Setokai Yakuindomo over the other two, but I have yet to watch Agami SS, Asobi ni Iku yo and Ookami-san to Shichinin no Nakamatachi.
@ Davis holy spoon a list of awesome!

@ Eku, how was The Tatami Galaxy? I've fallen behind...

I've watched at least one episode of all of these in the past week...

Amagami SS
Aoi Hana
Black Lagoon: Roberta's Blood Trail
Giant Killing
Highschool of the Dead
K-ON!!
Kaichou wa Maid-sama!
Mitsudomoe
Ookami-san
RAINBOW
Seitokai Yakuindomo
Shufuku no Campanella
Spice & Wolf
Tegami Bachi

Expecting to finish Aoi Hana, Spice & Wolf and Tegami Bachi soon...
Assassinator Wrote: [ -> ]Vandread.

Also going to finish some old stuff (Macross Frontier, Shakugan no Shana) stalled because of uni/exams/whatever.

Ok, just finished Darker than Black 2nd season.

(If you haven't figured yet, you should never believe what I say about what I'm going to watch.  That's more often than not changed and decided by the passing whims at the time I scroll though my HDD before I start watching something).

Anyone else seen that show?  Want to explain to me what the hell's going on in the last episode?  If you thought DtB1's ending was sort of vague, this is like 10x more so.
Assassinator Wrote: [ -> ]Ok, just finished Darker than Black 2nd season.

Did I make the right decision dropping it on the third episode? -_-
Senseito7 Wrote: [ -> ]

My opinion, yes.

Ok, did you find DtB1's ending vague?  I did find it somewhat (edit: definitely) vague, but at least I could piece stuff together and and use my imagination to fill in the rest.  DtB2's ending is like pure "lolwut", out of all the anime I watched, this makes the least sense.

If you don't get the story, then it's just the fights.  I don't think you're one to watch stuff for fights (considering how you hated Index).

It's pretty much just like DtB1, but worse, in like almost everything.
Assassinator Wrote: [ -> ]

My opinion, yes.

Ok, did you find DtB1's ending vague?  I did find it somewhat vague, but at least I could piece stuff together and and use my imagination to fill in the rest.  DtB2's ending is like pure "lolwut".

Yeah it was definitely vague. I thought the OVA was meant to explain some stuff but I haven't bothered to watch it yet.

Assassinator Wrote: [ -> ]If you don't get the story, then it's just the fights.  I don't think you're one to watch stuff for fights (considering how you hated Index).

Theres more than a few anime on my list that has fights. Most recently Black Lagoon: Roberta's Blood Trail - total kickassery.

Index is just boring. Very boring.

Assassinator Wrote: [ -> ]It's pretty much just like DtB1, but worse, in like almost everything.

Aww damn... not going to say shame though because the first season was hardly memorable...
Sparker Wrote: [ -> ]Sora wo Kakeru Shoujo though before I accidentally ended up watching Sora no Otoshimono.

I should finish that sometime.

Sora Kakeru Shoujo I mean, I have no intention of watching Sora no Otoshimono.  Sora Kakeru Shoujo was actually good up where I watched, which is when StrikeSubs went into crisis and dropped everything.

Assassinator Wrote: [ -> ]If you don't get the story, then it's just the fights.  I don't think you're one to watch stuff for fights (considering how you hated Index).

Theres more than a few anime on my list that has fights. Most recently Black Lagoon: Roberta's Blood Trail - total kickassery.

Because Index is just fights, not much of a story.  So if the fights alone don't interest you, there isn't much else it has to offer.  There's a guy here who thinks Naruto is "deep and meaningful"... So Index must be godlike.... :\

DtB2 on the other hand, actually has a story... but you won't really be able to understand the story, because it's vague/messy/obscure as hell.  During the show, you'll be wondering what's going on and what the big picture is, hoping everything will be clear once it ends... In the end, you'll be left with a whole lot of "wtf", and probably even more confused as at the start.  So I reckon if the fights/action doesn't interest you, then there isn't all that much it has to offer either.

EDIT:  Actually, DtB is a decent watch during, but the ending, at least to me, is extremely disappointing.
Assassinator Wrote: [ -> ]DtB2 on the other hand, actually has a story... but you won't really be able to understand the story, because it's vague/messy/obscure as hell.  During the show, you'll be wondering what's going on and what the big picture is, hoping everything will be clear once it ends... In the end, you'll be left with a whole lot of "wtf", and probably even more confused as at the start.  So I reckon if the fights/action doesn't interest you, then there isn't all that much it has to offer either.  :\

EDIT:  Actually, DtB is a decent watch during, but the ending, at least to me, is extremely disappointing.

Agreed.

The funny thing is though, just reading the plot in Wiki - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Darker_than_Black - it makes you wonder just how they plotlines within that could become so vague and obscure. If the original story was good enough then its the producers to blame... but looking at the series Bones has produced it's hard to say whether it was them or not. (Wheras studios like J.C.Staff and AIC are prone to noticably lower production quality)
Sparker Wrote: [ -> ]Sora wo Kakeru Shoujo though before I accidentally ended up watching Sora no Otoshimono.

I should finish that sometime.

Sora Kakeru Shoujo I mean, I have no intention of watching Sora no Otoshimono.  Sora Kakeru Shoujo was actually good up where I watched, which is when StrikeSubs went into crisis and dropped everything.

Yeah, I had actually had no intention to watch Sora no Otoshimono either, it was serious reading error on my part otherwise there is some good humor in it but a lot of it is also too bizarre to actually take in as funny.

Because Index is just fights, not much of a story.  So if the fights alone don't interest you, there isn't much else it has to offer.  There's a guy here who thinks Naruto is "deep and meaningful"... So Index must be godlike.... :\

Lol. I was only sucked into watching Index because Index herself was cute which she later has nothing to do with the uh... story until near the end.
Yeah, I actually found Index pretty boring otherwise. But the character Index is still very cute.
Reference URL's