Endless Paradigm

Full Version: [PSP] Rcomage v1.1.1 - new RCO manipulation tool
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32
I fixed my problem with the compiling of RCOs. Thanks.

Do you know what are he best overall settings for RCO compression?
yammata684 Wrote:I fixed my problem with the compiling of RCOs. Thanks.

Do you know what are he best overall settings for RCO compression?
The defaults are actually pretty good - that is, they sacrifice a fair bit of speed for good compression.
RLZ seems to give slightly better compression, but that will only be available when I've finished that.
OK, here is my question:

I have built 2 separate animations into system_plugin_fg.rco.
I need these 2 animations to interact with each other.

The problem is, that the times are not interacting perfectly, even though I am doing the math right on the delays.

Is there a way to simultaneously have 2 animations into one animation tree?
This would solve my timing problem.

If I have not explained the problem so people can understand, then I could post the script...
Mr. Shizzy Wrote:Is there a way to simultaneously have 2 animations into one animation tree?
Don't all your anim sequences get defined under the <AnimTree> node?
Animation sequences can fire another sequence, but that's about as much interaction as there is.
ZiNgA BuRgA Wrote:
Mr. Shizzy Wrote:Is there a way to simultaneously have 2 animations into one animation tree?
Don't all your anim sequences get defined under the <AnimTree> node?
Animation sequences can fire another sequence, but that's about as much interaction as there is.

Yup, they are all in one tree.   I mis-worded that.. I meant one animation sequence.
Interesting, I hadn't considered using fire event as a technique for animation interactions.

If that don't work out for me (the timing is going to have to be perfect for me to be happy with this) then I will have to use photoshop to build the second animation right into the first, by combining the sprites into one canvas.   I was hoping to for a more dynamic approach, but hey - whatever is clever.

Thanks for the response ZinGa   :D
Sorry for the double post...

ZinGa any way wee could get a PSP executable build of rcoMage ??
It would be very handy for editing and testing scripts while at work.  (On breaks, of course..  [Image: lipsseald.gif])

PSP Write could be used to edit the xml files.
PSP Filer could be used to even install compiled scripts to flash.   Madwin
It would be a thing of beauty    Yay

Thanks ZiNgA...     Er - I mean Greg   :p
Am not sure how well it would run on the PSP.  I was somewhat lazy in the algorithms used so it does waste a bit of memory and gets a bit slow (realloc's in loops for the win).  Not really an issue for even very old computers, but I dunno about the PSP.
I'll post the source code up sometime in the future though - was hoping to clean up some mess, but I doubt I'll get around to it.  I don't have a PSP dev environment set up.
Updated to v1.1.0, the main changes are VSMX decoding/encoding and PS3 RCO support.

Changelog:
- Minor message output changes
- Fixed bug where rcomage may have tried to convert non-GIM images through gimconv when dumping
- Fixed minor issue if Image/Sound/Text tree contained no subentries
- Removed option to select compression for PNG/JPG/TIF/GIF resources in GUI as it's mostly useless and may break the RCO if changed
- Add UMDFlag attribute to RcoFile tag
- Reduce the use of CDATA sections in the dumped text XML file
- Add basic VSMX decoder/encoder; add corresponding option when dumping/compiling in CLI and GUI, as well as vsmxdec and vsmxenc functions in the CLI
- Add experimental VSMX » Javascript decompiler.  This will most likely crash, but if you're lucky, it might go through and give half-readable output.  Only use this if you're really interested; can only be accessed via the CLI using the --decompile option of vsmxdec
- Export some internal constants to .ini files
- Add support for UTF8 and UTF32 text in RCOs (found in PS3 RCOs); also fixed some potential character encoding issues
- Add support for Fontstyle entries (used in the sysconf PS3 RCO)
- Greatly improve handling PS3 RCO object structures (thanks goes to geohot for RCO samples)
- Add support for writing PS3 RCOs; also modify GimConv to add PS3 configuration option
As always thanks man Madwin
ZiNgA BuRgA Wrote: [ -> ]Updated to v1.1.0, the main changes are VSMX decoding/encoding and PS3 RCO support.

Changelog:
- Minor message output changes
- Fixed bug where rcomage may have tried to convert non-GIM images through gimconv when dumping
- Fixed minor issue if Image/Sound/Text tree contained no subentries
- Removed option to select compression for PNG/JPG/TIF/GIF resources in GUI as it's mostly useless and may break the RCO if changed
- Add UMDFlag attribute to RcoFile tag
- Reduce the use of CDATA sections in the dumped text XML file
- Add basic VSMX decoder/encoder; add corresponding option when dumping/compiling in CLI and GUI, as well as vsmxdec and vsmxenc functions in the CLI
- Add experimental VSMX » Javascript decompiler.  This will most likely crash, but if you're lucky, it might go through and give half-readable output.  Only use this if you're really interested; can only be accessed via the CLI using the --decompile option of vsmxdec
- Export some internal constants to .ini files
- Add support for UTF8 and UTF32 text in RCOs (found in PS3 RCOs); also fixed some potential character encoding issues
- Add support for Fontstyle entries (used in the sysconf PS3 RCO)
- Greatly improve handling PS3 RCO object structures (thanks goes to geohot for RCO samples)
- Add support for writing PS3 RCOs; also modify GimConv to add PS3 configuration option

/waits to see how many people credit you as Zing Burg.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32
Reference URL's