Endless Paradigm

Full Version: [GUIDE] Change the colors of the XMB
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35
ORGAN Wrote:cool now that gos in the?

in the recovery?

yup. back up your original vshmain.prx!!
then replace it with the one i gave you.
if you like it you have to do that two vshmain.prx and pspbtcnf.txt thingy.
what i have to renane the VSH you gave me to vshmain.prx
ORGAN Wrote:what i have to renane the VSH you gave me to vshmain.prx
yup so you can try it out first. ofcourse you can also first do the 2 vshmain.prx's and pspbtcnf.txt thing.

BeastOfSoda Wrote:[EDIT] just an idea, but rather than mucking around with the pspbtcnf.txt file to redirect to the encrypted vshmain.prx, wouldn't it be possible to reencrypt the modified one as to avoid this kind of trouble? just a fleeting thought, probably not even a particularly viable one.
problem is wee don't know how to re-encrypt them.
guys, i just totaled my PSP making the modifications to the pspbtcnf.txt, I'm not sure why but it won't even access my recovery now Erk i knew i should have waited for a solid solution... wish i could recover it somehow :(
bstronga Wrote:
ORGAN Wrote:what i have to renane the VSH you gave me to vshmain.prx
yup so you can try it out first. ofcourse you can also first do the 2 vshmain.prx's and pspbtcnf.txt thing.

BeastOfSoda Wrote:[EDIT] just an idea, but rather than mucking around with the pspbtcnf.txt file to redirect to the encrypted vshmain.prx, wouldn't it be possible to reencrypt the modified one as to avoid this kind of trouble? just a fleeting thought, probably not even a particularly viable one.
problem is wee don't know how to re-encrypt them.

"OOOOOOOO" i see but no iso'sWis
Guess i won't be messing with my vshmain.prx anymore. sorry man
BeastOfSoda Wrote:guys, i just totaled my PSP making the modifications to the pspbtcnf.txt, I'm not sure why but it won't even access my recovery now Erk i knew i should have waited for a solid solution... wish i could recover it somehow :(
O.O O.O O.O
i hope you edited the one in KN?
BeastOfSoda Wrote:guys, i just totaled my PSP making the modifications to the pspbtcnf.txt, I'm not sure why but it won't even access my recovery now Erk i knew i should have waited for a solid solution... wish i could recover it somehow :(
Sure you edited the right file?  If done correctly, even if you screw the text file up, recovery should still work.  I'll need to check when I get home though.

Basically,
kd/module = 1.50 subset - DON'T touch
kn/nodule = 3.xx files - relatively safe to fiddle around with.

EDIT: bstronga beat me...
YO how can i get my ISO's back. i love the red font but im not going to lose ISO's 4 them
editing the vshmain.prx or any other file in KN or NODULE is not dangerous.
the 1.50 bootstrap is absolutly independent of the 3.xx firmware files, in fact you can delete KN and NODULE and it would be just a semi-brick.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35
Reference URL's