Endless Paradigm

Full Version: [GUIDE] Change the colors of the XMB
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35
thanks for the download guys very nice work and thanks for sharing....:)
can someone tell me why i can still start my Backupz and Appz?
I thought this might help a few of you out

[Image: helplw0.png]

EDIT MSpaint hint is not correct
Which firmware is that?

I'll add it to the first post.
|-Anubis-| Wrote:Which firmware is that?

I'll add it to the first post.

3.40 OE-A :great:
I'm pretty sure that the mspaint part doesn't work as its only
0.0 - 1.0
hopefully he did check it before posting the images...

And I already edited the first post... :@
|-Anubis-| Wrote:hopefully he did check it before posting the images...

And I already edited the first post... :@
i just tried it ... again Nana-o
1 is the max value anything above will look like ... eehm 1 ;p

by the way ...
changing background color
3.40 vshmain.prx

January
0x376E4 red channel strength
0x376E8 green channel strength
0x376EC blue channel strength
[Image: backgroundnw2.jpg]
Nice job.

So if I did x/256 where x is the channel value for a particular color, would I come close to the actual color?
|-Anubis-| Wrote:Nice job.

So if I did x/255 where x is the channel value for a particular color, would I come close to the actual color?
yes i think it would come quite close.

hardfalcon Wrote:Sorry as my question is rather off-topic considering the actual thread title, but I was just wondering whether anyone in here could give me the name (or even better, perhaps a download link?) for the icon set which is shown on the 3 screenshots in bstronga's very first post in this thread.
Thanks in advance :)

//EDIT1: After reading the whole thread and thinking a little about the difficulties which seem to oppose a simple replacement of the existing ("original") vshmain.prx with a decrypted (and hex-edited) version, I was wondering why the problems should be caused by any hacks done by DAX "on the fly" whilst the module is loaded into the PSP's RAM. I always thought the encrypted PRX had to be decrypted "in-memory" by the PSP before being executed, so the memory offsets should be the same for the executed PRX, independant of the question whether the PRX in flash0 is the encrypted or the decrypted version of the PRX. Anyhow, I suppose it would be rather impossible to hack any PRX if it wasn't executed as a decrypted module.
Of course, I'm not keen enough to test this on my PSP (at least not as long as I haven't got a modchip providing a second flash0).

its a iconset by PSPCulture
http://www.sendspace.com/file/ezy7uq
-
i also don't have a absolute answer to this.
fact is that the original vshmain.prx is the normal encrypted&sigchecked vshmain.prx which you also get when using psardumper.
maybe decrypted .prx is loaded differently to the memory since its a exploited bug on 1.5 which actually boots 3.xx kernel firmware thus allowing the execution of decrypted .prx files.

edit: forgot the link ...
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35
Reference URL's