Animating wallpapers
Can we?
mattyyey
Neophitic Presence

Threads: 2
E-Pigs: 0.9521
Animating wallpapers
Hi there,

I know for a long time this was not possible and many claimed it was because of the lack of RAM... However with recent posted tutorials on rco animation (which I have yet to try out), I was wondering if it was now possible?

I know about waves over a picture I have done that, and for my current theme I cnt see much of a point animating topmenu_icon other than to make a couple of icons flash, so I haven't bothered. However I making a section of the wallpaper animate would liven up my theme abit.

I am only looking to add some text on that repeats in a small loop of maybe 10 frames

something like the first one on this page. (and yes its for an lcars theme - sorry about the music)
http://www.lcars.org.uk/lcarstemplate.ht...panels.htm
29/01/2010 12:11 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
SchmilK
Noob

Threads: 359
E-Pigs: 82.0266
RE: Animating wallpapers
go try my techschyshtems theme if you have not and look at the sytem_plugin_fg.rco :)

limneosgreen Wrote:Take my advice, don't try to install custom themes ... it's possible to brick ur psp.. why just don't change wallpaper
29/01/2010 01:35 PM
mattyyey
Neophitic Presence

Threads: 2
E-Pigs: 0.9521
RE: Animating wallpapers
Hi

I see you have done exactly what I want to do Yay

So although it might take me a few days to figure out the animation script and make it my own I think I can manage it, thanks alot Adore

just to check... you dnt mind me ripping your rco apart and using the code to make it my own? I know theres alot of code thieves around, and I dnt want to be one of them...

P.S. I cnt believe that two of the BEST EVER theme makers have helped me out! When I post on other forums I tend not to get an answer AT ALL! ty e.p! Madwin
30/01/2010 05:38 AM