Bomb Threats For The loss
boogschd
boogyman
Worlds End

Threads: 90
E-Pigs: 43.6852
RE: Bomb Threats For The loss
Xitherun Wrote:that's awfully unpleasant.
28/04/2009 12:29 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Sparker
Super Lame Productions

Threads: 549
E-Pigs: 187.8892
Assassinator Wrote:
Mickey Wrote:Then I have to walk an hour home because my bus card is lost and the damn bus driver wouldn't take a $5 bill for $1.25 fare Erk

Lol, dumb shit. I'd be only too happy to take $5 for $1.25.

Mickey Wrote:I get home and no internet, with a report due tomorrow for 10% of my final Bio grade.

Somehow, wee managed to to use up 55% of our fucking monthly cap on the 1st day (today)... I'm going to do some checking, and if it's really that downstairs guy that I suspected (he's renting our house), I'm going to block him (router block or change password) from touching the internet for the rest of the month. Wee had an agreement that he's only allowed to use the internet for normal purposes, and can't sPa/\/\ P2P all day, because he's not really paying for it, and wee have shitty quota to start off with (since Australian internet is like the worse out of all developed countries...).

This post was last hacked: Today 05:09 PM by ZiNgA BuRgA!?

28/04/2009 01:03 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Mickey
Down with MJ yo

Threads: 251
E-Pigs: 28.7300
ZiNgA BuRgA Wrote:
Mickey Wrote:So it was 8:32am, mickey was casually building a shed when the PA system starts blaring and teachers start to evacuate us. Wee were out in the field for an hour and twenty minutes in fudgeing hot weather because some idiot decided to call in a bomb threat.
That happened relatively often (like 3 times a year) at one of my old schools...
Kinda feel tempted to try and sneak off since you're going to waste an hour out there anyway.
This is the 6th "drill" wee've had this year, 2 fires, 1 fire drill, 1 evacutaion, 1 lock-down, and 1 bomb-threat Erk
ZiNgA BuRgA Wrote:
Mickey Wrote:Then I go to my computer apps class where I find out portable apps won't run anymore, and most of the proxies are blocked, turns out school upgraded security, new blocks are added hourly, and they now search our history and ban us from using computer if wee're caught using proxies :/
There's almost always loopholes.  One of the least patched in MS Office's macros...
??? I get this:
---------------------------
Restrictions
This operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this computer. Please contact your system administrator.
OK  

ZiNgA BuRgA Wrote:
Mickey Wrote:I get home and no internet, with a report due tomorrow for 10% of my final Bio grade. I decide to go to the library but all the computers are filled with people using myspace of facebook and other poo poo like that
I assume there's no booking system?  If so you could've tried asking one of them - assuming they're all not uptight about it.
First come first serve >.>
ZiNgA BuRgA Wrote:
Mickey Wrote:It is now 11:32pm and I decided to just go walking to Starbucks and use their connection :/
So since you don't have internet at home, I'm assuming you're currently at Starbucks posting this?
Exactly

I can't believe its that much for a damn conenction :(

[Image: MiCk3Y.jpg]

[Image: battle.png]

Spoiler for link:
(This post was last modified: 28/04/2009 07:52 AM by Mickey.)
28/04/2009 07:50 AM
ZiNgA BuRgA
Smart Alternative

Threads: 1,174
E-Pigs: 446.0333
Mickey Wrote:This is the 6th "drill" wee've had this year, 2 fires, 1 fire drill, 1 evacutaion, 1 lock-down, and 1 bomb-threat Erk
2 fires? :O

Mickey Wrote:??? I get this:
Restrictions
This operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this computer. Please contact your system administrator.
OK  
That's fairly standard.  A number of ways, depending on how they've added these restrictions:
1) filename based - simply rename your EXE to rundll32.exe and try running
2) location based - probably most likely.  Basically copy the EXE to somewhere on C: and try running from there
28/04/2009 08:26 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Assassinator

Threads: 176
E-Pigs: 140.8363
ZiNgA BuRgA Wrote:That's fairly standard.  A number of ways, depending on how they've added these restrictions:
2) location based - probably most likely.  Basically copy the EXE to somewhere on C: and try running from there

Almost no schools lets you copy stuff to C: normally.
28/04/2009 08:31 PM
feinicks
One day... we Fly...

Threads: 531
E-Pigs: 210817.3958
Assassinator Wrote:Somehow, wee managed to to use up 55% of our fucking monthly cap on the 1st day (today)... I'm going to do some checking, and if it's really that downstairs guy that I suspected (he's renting our house), I'm going to block him (router block or change password) from touching the internet for the rest of the month. Wee had an agreement that he's only allowed to use the internet for normal purposes, and can't sPa/\/\ P2P all day, because he's not really paying for it, and wee have shitty quota to start off with (since Australian internet is like the worse out of all developed countries...).

Some of the ISPs here have a Fair Usage Policy in place for users with Unlimited downloads. Terms are that after a certain amount of download (~100GB/mth for one, ~90GB/m for another), either of the two happens: The speed is halved or you get a call for the customer service saying that you'd better stop using the net for the rest of the month or upgrade to a higher plan or say bai bai.

Still 100GB sounds decent enough. Speeds plans available are from 300kbps to 4MBPS, but anything over 1 MBPS is overkill (financially)

Also, an ISP is introducing a 16MBPS plan here for a fairly cheap price but with a 15GB (and 20GB on a higher plan) monthly cap. That is so chocolatety. With 16Mbps, 15GB will fly by in no time...

Assassinator Wrote:
ZiNgA BuRgA Wrote:That's fairly standard.  A number of ways, depending on how they've added these restrictions:

No all... and for those that do, there are always ways around.

◄◄••• 天使たちの夢か? •••►►

[Image: ewualizer.gif]
My works!
28/04/2009 08:48 PM
Mickey
Down with MJ yo

ZiNgA BuRgA Wrote:
Mickey Wrote:This is the 6th "drill" wee've had this year, 2 fires, 1 fire drill, 1 evacutaion, 1 lock-down, and 1 bomb-threat Erk
2 fires? :O
Nothing big, one was a shop fire, the other was a bathroom cigar fire :/

ZiNgA BuRgA Wrote:
Mickey Wrote:??? I get this:
Restrictions
OK  
That's fairly standard.  A number of ways, depending on how they've added these restrictions:

I have no C: access, can't even right-click, but ill try the renaming one :p

Spoiler for link:
28/04/2009 09:21 PM
ZiNgA BuRgA
Smart Alternative

Assassinator Wrote:

Most do.  Windows default settings won't let you write directly to root drive, but you can create a folder and put stuff in there.
If not that, Windows requires you to have write access to:
- your profile folder (C:\Documents and Settings\<username>)
- personal and I think system temp path (C:\Windows\Temp)

So you can use those two.

Mickey Wrote:I have no C: access, can't even right-click, but ill try the renaming one :p
Use a shortcut, or an MS Office macro to open stuff / copy stuff over.
29/04/2009 12:13 AM
Mickey
Down with MJ yo

ZiNgA BuRgA Wrote:
Assassinator Wrote:

Most do.  Windows default settings won't let you write directly to root drive, but you can create a folder and put stuff in there.
If not that, Windows requires you to have write access to:
- your profile folder (C:\Documents and Settings\<username>)
- personal and I think system temp path (C:\Windows\Temp)

So you can use those two.

Mickey Wrote:I have no C: access, can't even right-click, but ill try the renaming one :p
Use a shortcut, or an MS Office macro to open stuff / copy stuff over.

Renaming worked, but they get no network access :(

Spoiler for link:
29/04/2009 07:50 AM
ZiNgA BuRgA
Smart Alternative

Lol, if the renaming worked, they're doing an explorer.exe based block.
Network, you mean internet?  Your school most likely has a proxy - you just need to get the details of it (IE's Internet Options; if that's blocked, you can look in the registry).
29/04/2009 05:07 PM