E-Pigs: 79.3639
RE: Pokemon Platinum
i still love magicarp learning it with surf, lol

Spoiler for don't look, might destruct your mind:
[Image: funny_math.jpg]
Spoiler for anime planet:
[Image: krystabegnalie.jpg]
26/03/2009 06:52 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Assassinator

Threads: 176
E-Pigs: 140.8363
Goshi Wrote:Also Starmie is better than Alakazam now that I think about it >_>

Since it can use Surf, Psychic, Thunderbolt and Ice Beam. You can't beat that insane converage. I still use a Starmie. Though its not the best looking Pokemon it still remains a favorite of mine just because of it's sheer power!

Don't remember it can do that in the old Red and Blue... Then again, this IS trying to remember from 9 years ago...

Only thing I remember being able to pull an insane coverage like that back then is Kabutops, which I ended up with Psychic, Ice beam, Slash and something else different type I can't remember.

Then again, I'm on emulator... So if I want, I can probably hex edit myself a lvl1 Magicarp with 500 in each stat, and ice beam, fire blast, psychic and thunder.

Goshi Wrote:I don't remember Psychic beating itself in RBY. Been a while since I played it though.

Psychic doesn't beat itself. Psychic attacks do poo poo all to itself. I'm saying that's like the only type back then that psychic attacks are not very effective against.

Nocturnal Wrote:
Goshi Wrote:Also Starmie is better than Alakazam now that I think about it >_>

Since it can use Surf, Psychic, Thunderbolt and Ice Beam. You can't beat that insane converage. I still use a Starmie. Though its not the best looking Pokemon it still remains a favorite of mine just because of it's sheer power!

Yep, Starmie is a staple in my teams :P
Same moveset too :P
sometimes I switched Psychic for Grass knot though >_>
for those annoying Swamperts :(

All this talk is actually making me want to try playing Pokemon again.

Time to download some ROMs with my awesome uni internet (too fast for speedtest).
[Image: 437897553.png]
[Image: 437902341.png]
(This post was last modified: 26/03/2009 07:46 PM by Assassinator.)
26/03/2009 07:26 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Wolkenritter
Hey poor player!

Threads: 157
E-Pigs: 67.2304
Quote:Only thing I remember being able to pull an insane coverage like that back then is Kabutops, which I ended up with Psychic, Ice beam, Slash and something else different type I can't remember

Kabutops has really bad stats for those moves save Slash which is poor move in general since there's better Normal type moves like Double Edge and Return. Kabutops should be using physical attacks >_>

Quote:for those annoying Swamperts :(

I hardly see Swampert for some reason. Probably because of all the rabid Infernapes flying around with Grass Knot. Then again I don't play on Shoddy Battle >_>

Quote:Don't remember it can do that in the old Red and Blue... Then again, this IS trying to remember from 9 years ago...

It can... and its considered the most lethal Pokemon in RBY that isn't banned O_O;

http://www.smogon.com/rb/pokemon/starmie

[Image: eo1_zpsjxsxwr5u.png][Image: eo2_zpsnzftucuo.png][Image: eo3_zpsh5eawp85.png]
[Image: eo4_zpskcap6b8a.png][Image: eo1u_zpsw5rdzuqs.png]
(This post was last modified: 26/03/2009 09:38 PM by Wolkenritter.)
26/03/2009 09:38 PM
Assassinator

Threads: 176
E-Pigs: 140.8363
Goshi Wrote:
Quote:Only thing I remember being able to pull an insane coverage like that back then is Kabutops, which I ended up with Psychic, Ice beam, Slash and something else different type I can't remember

Kabutops has really bad stats for those moves save Slash which is poor move in general since there's better Normal type moves like Double Edge and Return. Kabutops should be using physical attacks >_>

Meh, whatever. Last time I played this game is in yr5 (I'm currently in uni...).
(This post was last modified: 26/03/2009 10:16 PM by Assassinator.)
26/03/2009 10:05 PM