Shinryu
ZiNgA BuRgA
Smart Alternative

Threads: 1,174
E-Pigs: 446.0333
RE: Shinryu
FF5, the berserk combo + earth wall works (can beat the boss at level 5, just takes forever (use turbo mode)).

Lionheart is very rare though - even with Squall on 1/9999HP + aura + a number of bad statuses + all other members dead, you only get 25% chance of getting it.  I just Angel Wing + Meteor - kills things pretty quickly with 70k+ damage per turn from a single character (which you don't even have to worry about).

Ahh, savestate hacking - you can do all sorts of cool stuff with that...
15/12/2008 04:49 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Assassinator

Threads: 176
E-Pigs: 140.8363
Goshi Wrote:Cheater.

Also Apocalypse and in the same sense Ultima are both useless once you've farmed a decent number of Auras anyway. Lionheart can hit up 100000.... who needs Apocalypse >_>

You still need the Ultima's to junction to strength (or whatever else) even if you never plan on ever casting the spell (actually, not really if you plan on doing nothing but spamming Lionheart....). And Apocalypse is also great for junction (2nd best junction magic in the game). Although I don't know why the hell that magic is junctionable at all, since there is no way you'd be able to do that without cheating.

Who needs aura and Lionheart when you have "The End" (as a spell, not as Selphie's limit break) >.>. Superior to aura + Lionheart in every possible way. Faster, more certain kill, harder to stop, doesn't require you to have good stats, doesn't need you to have the "Lionheart" weapon (which is hard to make), doesn't require anything.

But jokes aside, renzokuken (screw the spelling) is generally damaging enough to make quick work of your enemies even without Lionheart. Meltdown/Doomtrain + renzokuken, and most of the bosses will die in a few rounds. I never even got the Lionheart weapon I think.

And I did that just then pretty much just for posting this. Did not cheat at all when I finished it back then. Heh, FF8 is so easy that it would be easy even if I hack myself down 10 levels, when I'm already under leveled, since I walk around with encounter none on a  lot of the time. Probably easiest FF I've played.
(This post was last modified: 15/12/2008 05:45 AM by Assassinator.)
15/12/2008 05:14 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Assassinator

Threads: 176
E-Pigs: 140.8363
ZiNgA BuRgA Wrote:FF5, the berserk combo + earth wall works (can beat the boss at level 5, just takes forever (use turbo mode)).

FF6, Vanish + Doom/X-zone is the cheapest combo ever. Kills like 95% of the bosses too.

ZiNgA BuRgA Wrote:Ahh, savestate hacking - you can do all sorts of cool stuff with that...

This time was actually with an FF8 save file editor, not save state hacking. But I've hacked save states before. For a few snes games. Can't do fancy poo poo like give myself fancy magic and items I did here though (well, as if I can be stuffed figuring out all those values). I can only do some basic stuff like changing my stats around, which IS enough to wtfpwn everything by the way.
(This post was last modified: 15/12/2008 05:59 AM by Assassinator.)
15/12/2008 05:46 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply