Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion TempleT
feinicks
One day... we Fly...

Threads: 531
E-Pigs: 210817.3958
RE: Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion R2
Ep. 19 of R2 was by far the best Episode of the series... simply a stunner..

◄◄••• 天使たちの夢か? •••►►

[Image: ewualizer.gif]
My works!
22/08/2008 12:43 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Kuu
Awesome

Threads: 61
E-Pigs: 33.8125
Can't wait til sunday!!!

[Image: B5b0K][Image: FSN6.png]
22/08/2008 01:13 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
feinicks
One day... we Fly...

Kuu Wrote:Can't wait til sunday!!!

agreed. I guess the series is nearing the end now. max to max another 5 episodes.

◄◄••• 天使たちの夢か? •••►►

My works!
22/08/2008 09:29 AM
Kuu
Awesome

Threads: 61
E-Pigs: 33.8125
Well it seems got to go has dropped it... But I mean for such a good group, they sure dropped it like a bunch of assholes.

Instead of something like "wee are dropping Code Geass to work on other things". they leave this spoon:

Quote:Geass Dropped

It doesn't get much clearer than that. Wee are not subbing it any more, and will not pick it back up no matter how much you fags bitch or whine. Wee are doing this for a number of reasons, most of which involve us getting tired of the series and everything about it. It is spoon. It wasn't good for anything but trainwreck value to begin with, but it's taken that too far recently and wee no longer want to have our name associated with it to the point of preferring to be labelled as a group that drops shows. Also, wee're tired of the retarded fanbase.

This is dead serious - unlike with certain chocolatety subs groups, you won't find a "YHBT" message in our staff page, or anywhere else for that matter. Fuck off and download Eclipse's subs.
Considering DB are the only ones subbing Bleach and Naruto up to date, that was a really gay shot.

[Image: B5b0K][Image: FSN6.png]
22/08/2008 12:21 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
feinicks
One day... we Fly...

i think that people must have complained about the sub a lot or some thing of that sort. And I guess they were compared to Eclipse a lot.

anyhow, its their loss.

To label this series as Spoon is unacceptable. Even if they were still subbing it and I was downloading it, I'd have to switch simply doubting their interest.

◄◄••• 天使たちの夢か? •••►►

My works!
22/08/2008 01:14 PM
Assassinator

Threads: 176
E-Pigs: 140.8363
Kuu Wrote:Well it seems got to go has dropped it... But I mean for such a good group, they sure dropped it like a bunch of assholes.

Instead of something like "wee are dropping Code Geass to work on other things". they leave this chocolate:[quote]...

err... that link I gave when I first bought it up was a link to just that....

I don't think they're dropped it though. The leader of gg is a huge Geass fan. She runs a Geass fansite, and reformed gg pretty much just to sub Geass (gg has been sort of inactive at that time). It's seriously unlikely she'd give up on Geass. And gg's got enough members that if 1 (or a few) decide to drop, they'd be able to fill in with others.

I think they're just trolling you. Whichever way, wait a few and wee'd know the truth.

feinicks Wrote:To label this series as Spoon is unacceptable. Even if they were still subbing it and I was downloading it, I'd have to switch simply doubting their interest.

I wouldn't take it too heavily. Look at all their other news entries, and other stuff on their page. That's just how they write stuff. They say everything is spoon.

feinicks Wrote:I think that people must have complained about the sub a lot or some thing of that sort. And I guess they were compared to Eclipse a lot.

Their quality is good. I won't say they're inferior to Eclipse. gg isn't just some random ragtag group. Some of their staff are pretty good, and well known in the fansubbing community.

feinicks Wrote:anyhow, its their loss.

That's true.

Whether they drop it or not, a lot of people would've gotten pissed off at them.
(This post was last modified: 23/08/2008 04:10 AM by Assassinator.)
22/08/2008 04:01 PM
feinicks
One day... we Fly...

Assassinator Wrote:
feinicks Wrote:Well it seems got to go has dropped it... But I mean for such a good group, they sure dropped it like a bunch of assholes.

Instead of something like "wee are dropping Code Geass to work on other things". they leave this chocolate:...

Kuu said that!

Assassinator Wrote:I don't think they're dropped it though. The leader of gg is a huge Geass fan. She runs a Geass fansite, and reformed gg pretty much just to sub Geass (gg has been sort of inactive at that time). It's seriously unlikely she'd give up on Geass. And gg's got enough members that if 1 (or a few) decide to drop, they'd be able to fill in with others.

a fansub is not One person. Consider you and Sensei.. you guys had differences. A fansub needs a lot of dedication for many people involved. and Geass is a big project. She might have a great interest in the series, but if her mates are not concerned, there is little she can do.

Assassinator Wrote:I think they're just trolling you. Whichever way, wait a few and wee'd know the truth.
true.  Sunday is the next release. Lets wait and see

Assassinator Wrote:
feinicks Wrote:To label this series as Spoon is unacceptable. Even if they were still subbing it and I was downloading it, I'd have to switch simply doubting their interest.

I wouldn't take it too heavily. Look at all their other news entries, and other stuff on their page. That's just how they write stuff. They say everything is spoon.

I am not taking their calling Geass "Sh!t" into consideration. What I am thinking is that if they feel that this is boring series, how sincerely will they make an effort to bring out top notch subs?
Not unless they mean "SH!T" in a "SICK!" way. In US, UK and other countries, people say "Sick!" also to indicate cool! In some other countries, Sick retains its primary function of indicating "illness" or something "gross".

Assassinator Wrote:
feinicks Wrote:I think that people must have complained about the sub a lot or some thing of that sort. And I guess they were compared to Eclipse a lot.

Their quality is good. I won't say they're inferior to Eclipse. gg isn't just some random ragtag group. Some of their staff are pretty good, and well known in the fansubbing community.

Again, not doubting their Quality, but sincerity. Fansubbing is not a business. Its more of a hobby. If you get bored of one hobby, you drop it.
Eclipse is very popular. gg and Eclipse may well be at par. But till now, I havent heard any such comments from them. My fate/Stay Night was from Eclipse as well. They may screw up occasionally, but can you expect 100 % everytime? at least they don't bitch and whine.

Typically two well known "rivals" will always be compared. It human tendency to compare. gg may have been compared to Eclipse and vice versa. Just that latter has not commented on it.
Assassinator Wrote:
feinicks Wrote:anyhow, its their loss.

That's true.

Whether they drop it or not, a lot of people would've gotten pissed off at them.

agreed.

If I ever become proficient in Jap (which should be soon, I hope, if all goes well), I'll get the direct RAW and be done with subbing.

Edit: Fixed some tags

◄◄••• 天使たちの夢か? •••►►

My works!
(This post was last modified: 23/08/2008 04:09 AM by Assassinator.)
22/08/2008 11:18 PM
Assassinator

Threads: 176
E-Pigs: 140.8363
feinicks Wrote:
Assassinator Wrote:

I am not taking their calling Geass "Sh!t" into consideration. What I am thinking is that if they feel that this is boring series, how sincerely will they make an effort to bring out top notch subs?
Not unless they mean "SH!T" in a "SICK!" way. In US, UK and other countries, people say "Sick!" also to indicate cool! In some other countries, Sick retains its primary function of indicating "illness" or something "gross".

What I mean is that they always write their stuff that way, they diss everything, and say everything is shit. So I won't take it seriously to heart. They always talk like that.

Just look at the staff list. Tells you something about them --» linky

Some examples:
Spoiler:
Quote:#2: TheFluff, who is encoding, is a slow meatbun. In fact, effective immediately, you should all just call him TheFag.
Quote:TheFluff is TheFag and TheFailed TheEncode. More specifically, the way he linked the claymation to the rest of the movie was a hack job so uhh v2. Even though the hackjob does work, and the v1 is watchable... MKV Chapters Are Serious Fucking Business.
I didn't even notice the MKV was hacked together from originally 2 parts actually. Can't see difference when playing it normally.
Quote:The Chinese palace place is like, a fucking color joke. Zzzz. You see, the thing that English speakers know as the Chinese Forbidden City, the Chinese actually translates to Purple Forbidden City. Now, Taniguchi is a very funny man (not), so he decided to subtley change the name. The Kanji used in ep 4, when read in Chinese, translates to Vermillion Forbidden City. OH WOW. COLOR JOKES. THAT IS FUCKING HILARIOUS. WOW.
Quote:Some faggoty magazine said Chinese Union in English, as opposed to translating Renpou as Federation. I'm liek, "lulz whatever". ...but then they decided to spell it Chinese Federation on screen. Make up your fucking minds.
Quote:At the end of ep 4, Lelouch compares Rolo to a cloth in Japanese, but like, no one in English fucking says "OMG CLOTH!!" so wee equated it to what people who spekgudengrish do say, which is trash.

feinicks Wrote:Again, not doubting their Quality, but sincerity. Fansubbing is not a business. Its more of a hobby. If you get bored of one hobby, you drop it.
Eclipse is very popular. gg and Eclipse may well be at par. But till now, I havent heard any such comments from them. My fate/Stay Night was from Eclipse as well. They may screw up occasionally, but can you expect 100 % everytime? at least they don't bitch and whine.

Typically two well known "rivals" will always be compared. It human tendency to compare. gg may have been compared to Eclipse and vice versa. Just that latter has not commented on it.

Just then, I googled "gg drops geass troll" and look at the 1st entry I got.

Quote:Why did they drop Geass?  GG never dropped geass, it was a clever troll by /a/ in a shooped image, that a member of gg responded to saying "Hey if you'll give me the text I'll put it up until wee actually release the next episode"
(This post was last modified: 24/08/2008 05:51 AM by Assassinator.)
23/08/2008 05:00 AM
feinicks
One day... we Fly...

Dotdotdot

◄◄••• 天使たちの夢か? •••►►

My works!
23/08/2008 05:13 AM
Kaiser
The Average Lucky Bastard

Threads: 296
E-Pigs: 43.7138
Assassinator Wrote:
Quote:Why did they drop Geass?  Got to go never dropped geass, it was a clever troll by /a/ in a shooped image, that a member of got to go responded to saying "Hey if you'll give me the text I'll put it up until wee actually release the next episode"

i hope that's true and not another troll...

* Kaiser tentatively sighs in relief

COLEGIOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
FEEL THE POWER   \(m)/ (@_@) \(m)/
Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici
23/08/2008 05:23 AM