HowTo - HighRes background pictures on 3.52(M33)
Only a little bit HexEditing ^^
SHIFT-Key
Paradigmatic Apprentice

Threads: 4
E-Pigs: 4.2471
RE: HowTo - HighRes background pictures on 3.52(M33)
oni8245 Wrote:alright but let me ask you,  see i like doing stuf manualy like hex editing and what not so did you get rid of the white boxes by takeing the glowow effect away?  mainly i ask casue i created a large topmenu and all my incons evegtely turn to whtie blocks as the size grew and i am wondering if this will allow me to fix this issue. so care to expline how you found this  and like if there is anything else like it in the vshmain.prx
First I've got the white boxes too. The next step was testing a little
bit around with values in the vshmain.prx
(smaller blocksizes and backgroundpictures fixes the problem too)
but who want smaller backgrounds ?? so I've tried it with smaller icons but
the white boxes were still there. One day I flashed a test topmenu_plugin.rco
and suddenly the white box of the settings-icon doesn't apper. I searched the
rco for it and found out that I've accidently replaced the glow of it with a blank
picture. I added the blank picture to every glow and there were no white boxes anymore.

What do you mean with "anything else like in the vshmain.prx" ?? (my english isn't very good :D)

============================================================
reluttr Wrote:Ok, how do I tell the blocksize of my jpeg?

Could it be what is causing the 01-12.bmp maker to give me the error "error opening 01.jpg"?

"EDIT"

Do they have to be exactly 32767 bytes each? If that is it then that is why the converter is not working, also if this is why can someone tell me how I can pad the files to where they are exactly 32767 bytes?
The 0112_creator reads the JPEGs and sizes them up to the blocksize by itself so the size doesn't matter. If the picture size is to big the program give you another error.
But your error causes that the program can't find the 01.jpg. Is the program in the same directory as the pictures ??
Create a batch file with this content:

@echo off
0112_creator.exe 32767
pause
exit

put it into the directory where the 0112_creator is and run it (It's for easyer handling only).
(32767 is the blocksize in bytes as you know)
16/08/2007 07:03 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: HowTo - HighRes background pictures on 3.52(M33) - SHIFT-Key - 16/08/2007 07:03 PM