Mathieulh's opinion on piracy
former M33 member speaks
yukikenzo
desu~

Threads: 41
E-Pigs: 32.6526
Mathieulh's opinion on piracy
Mathieulh on Twitter Wrote:@dylancuthbert Piracy is a big problem on psp :/ It makes me sick to see how people rip off legit developers' work by abusing tools that were given to them. The main reason of it happening though is because hackers (who have no interest whatsoever in piracy) had to break down the psp console security in order to run homebrews because sony locked down their systems. If only console makers were a bit smarter by involving the homebrew community into their marketing policy things would not have gone that badly. Trust me, this saddens me greatly especially as part of my own work is being used to make money behind my back and for uses it was never originally intended for.

At least now the lesson is learned, and as a hacker I will be thinking twice before releasing anything again on any platform that is.

I hope your sales do not suffer greatly and that any losses you suffer will help you make whatever you think is the right decision. I hope that more official developers such as you step up so that people realize how badly piracy is hurting the video game industry.

For what it is worth Sony Computer Entertainment also needs to work on this issue and implement efficient copy protection on their systems, there would be great ways I know of (I am thinking of one in particular though) to prevent any kind of UMD copying in very effective manners, I just don't see how SCE did not think of them nor why they did not get them implemented.

I wish your company the best with sales possible and I am eagerly awaiting for any future video game successes from it.

Sincerely, Mathieu.

maybe he left the psp scene behind because of this

Source

Follow me on Twitter: @yuki_o7 | Find me on deviantART
3DS friend code: 3625-9931-0468
[Image: yukikenzo.png]
21/10/2009 03:58 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Mathieulh's opinion on piracy - yukikenzo - 21/10/2009 03:58 PM
RE: Mathieulh's opinion on piracy - S7* - 21/10/2009, 04:08 PM
RE: Mathieulh's opinion on piracy - Kana - 21/10/2009, 07:20 PM