Endless Paradigm

Full Version: Mathieulh's opinion on piracy
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Mathieulh on Twitter Wrote:@dylancuthbert Piracy is a big problem on psp :/ It makes me sick to see how people rip off legit developers' work by abusing tools that were given to them. The main reason of it happening though is because hackers (who have no interest whatsoever in piracy) had to break down the psp console security in order to run homebrews because sony locked down their systems. If only console makers were a bit smarter by involving the homebrew community into their marketing policy things would not have gone that badly. Trust me, this saddens me greatly especially as part of my own work is being used to make money behind my back and for uses it was never originally intended for.

At least now the lesson is learned, and as a hacker I will be thinking twice before releasing anything again on any platform that is.

I hope your sales do not suffer greatly and that any losses you suffer will help you make whatever you think is the right decision. I hope that more official developers such as you step up so that people realize how badly piracy is hurting the video game industry.

For what it is worth Sony Computer Entertainment also needs to work on this issue and implement efficient copy protection on their systems, there would be great ways I know of (I am thinking of one in particular though) to prevent any kind of UMD copying in very effective manners, I just don't see how SCE did not think of them nor why they did not get them implemented.

I wish your company the best with sales possible and I am eagerly awaiting for any future video game successes from it.

Sincerely, Mathieu.

maybe he left the psp scene behind because of this

Source
piracy is nuts on PSP

its why the GO! exists
wee need manly hackers,. really, theres a care and not give a fudge factor.. Piracy may be a problem but there where theres a will theres a way.

If theres some scener who can make a 6.00 CFW which denies ISO loading, then, well, be our guest.
go! means more piracy
breaking down the system to create cfw for it
freeplay got usermode exploit, only kernelmode missing
[rant]The cfw scene has been cut off on all available retail PSP units.  (3000 or Go!)

So I do not think that piracy is that out of control.  Sure there are some old school sceners like us lingering ith our cfw on PSP 1000 and 2000 models, but that is it.  Most people don't even know what cfw is.  

Now a 6.00 cfw is not even possible...
SONY has pretty much locked their security tighter than Fort Knox.

So don't feel too bad Math.  And definitely don't go contacting SONY screwing us "lingerers" over.

The thing I like most about ISOs is, t5hat it cuts loading times down to close to nothing.
I don't 'borrow' games off the internet, but the one I purchase I should be able to do what I damn well please with.

If I actually had to play games from UMD, I would have sold my PSP long ago.
And I don't want to hear any "Buy a PSP Go!" or "buy your games off PSN" poo poo either..
I have already purchased these games on UMD once, and I am not paying for them again!

I have paid SONY close to $450 USD for 2 versions of PSP  (1000 and 2000)
I have paid dearly and suffered their propriety memory card format.

The company have proven to be nothing but a bunch of greedy bastards, who could care less about leaving behind paying customers.[/rant]
meh, you can't stop piracy.
hack the planet!
(but don't do piracy) ^_^
Kchan Wrote:hack the planet!
(but don't do piracy) ^_^

lolz
Bah, some of the reasons I pirate is because it cuts loading, stops me from having to open the UMD drive and take out a UMD and put another one in just to play another game, being a kind of Hikikiomori I don't want to go out just to buy a game as for buying them online, um, yeah, you got me there... you can just say I can't be bothered.
How the hell do you say his name correctly?  I have to say that I am thankful for his work with the PSP but he sounds like a whiny little sh!t.  He sits there and bitches about piracy which is illegal, but then so is what he did to the security of the PSP anyone ever heard of the DMCA.  I know he isn't in the USA but most countrys now have similar legislation to the DMCA.  Thanks for all of your work with the PSP.

chad
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Reference URL's