Endless Paradigm

Full Version: Ocosmos OCS-1: Oak Trail meets Windows 7 in a 5-inch gaming handheld
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
nice, maybe i could run a ps2 emulator in it? lol
krystabegnalie Wrote: [ -> ]nice, maybe i could run a ps2 emulator in it? lol
Run, yes.  Run reasonably, nope.
handheld dirt 2/nfs:U2/blur! Hero
It's ugly. lol
I wish psp could run windows....or at least iOS xD lol
Lol ZiNgA BuRgA
Man you need more buttons for gaming...... wheres the triggers ? i want to play call of duty on this....
ZiNgA BuRgA Wrote: [ -> ]
Sparker Wrote: [ -> ]Still pretty cool, but unfortunaly, most doujin games I used to play only worked on Windows OSs that aren't Vista or 7.
It's probably using an x86 CPU so you should be able to, theoretically, use any Windows you want (main issue is drivers).
If not that, VMs may work.

"Intel Oak Trail SoC (based on a dual-core mobile Atom CPU) with Intel GMA600 integrated graphics"

New Intel® Atom™ Processors on Tap
Quote:In production now and on shelves before the winter holiday season, mobile dual-core Intel® Atom™ processors will deliver a noticeably snappier, more responsive consumer experience in the same compact form factors, and with the same great battery life. Intel® Atom™ processors N455 and N475 with DDR3 support for netbooks are available today and D525 and D425 for entry-level desktop PCs are expected to be available on June 21. Available to customers in early 2011, is our upcoming SoC Intel® Atom™ processor–based platform, codenamed "Oak Trail", optimized for sleek tablet and netbook designs, delivering up to a 50 percent reduction in average power consumption with full HD-video playback and targeting software choice including MeeGo*, Windows* 7 and Google operating systems.

So, wee may see a dual core 1.5GHz Android phone.
ZiNgA BuRgA Wrote: [ -> ]
krystabegnalie Wrote: [ -> ]nice, maybe i could run a ps2 emulator in it? lol
Run, yes.  Run reasonably, nope.

You know, I have a 2.64GHz quad core, and I still can't emulate most PS2 games properly.  You need like a 4.5GHz dual/quad (emulator only supports 2 threads) to be able to run most things at perfect speed, with decent settings.

That's a 1.5GHz dual core, that also does less stuff per tick.

(Note: PS2 emulation is almost all CPU, the GPU doesn't really matter... as long as it's not completely bad, like integrated).
I bet it'll cost, too much.
Senseito7 Wrote: [ -> ]I bet it'll cost, too much.

Sure would. Whyowhy
I love this thing more than tablets and netbooks... Inluv
Pages: 1 2 3
Reference URL's