I hate the word blog.
Ge64
Former Admin ;)

Threads: 295
E-Pigs: 108.4795
I hate the word blog.
So, as you can see I have a blog too now. Blog. Bleg. Blergh *barf*

I've had a few actually, but never kept posting because nobody read them. Maybe now that I'm on EP that might change, and maybe now that I'm going to post stuff that people just might be able to relate to people may read it now and then. This blog will be my personal blog (they are usually personal aren't they), with the current theme being my 'fight against procrastination'. As this is a personal thing, I'll just formally introduce me for those that don't know yet.

My name is Ge64. I've been using this nickname for ages, and it's always the same me (I haven't ever met any other Ge64), yet almost all the results on Google for my nick return EP stuff. At the time of writing im 17. My life is interesting, I was born in Holland on june 30th, moved to the states when i was 4, back when I was 9, and then to Hong Kong when i was 16 where i still live now. I'll be moving back to Holland for uni (unless this blog fails) in about one and a half year.

Ive been using computers for ages, I mustve been about 6 or 7 when I installed my first floppy disk games on my dad's windows 95 pc. He quickly got fed up with the mess I made and bought a faster pc and let me have the old one. I taught myself everything, my dad showed me the pencil in Paint and I learned the rest myself until I became an advanced windows user. When wee moved back when I was 9 i quickly gained the appropriate rep at my new school for knowing 'everything' about computers and eventually ended up fixing them for the school until I left when I was 11 or 12 to go to my next school.

To make an even longer story shorter (i can never make stories actually 'short'), electronics and computers have always interested me. I would always follow wires along the walls in public places ive been told. In my new school I didn't take ICT because wee learned stuff like wordart, which I hated by then. Over the past 4 years or so ive tried Linux a few times but kept failing at it, but in the past year ive gotten used to using OSX and tried Linux again, and I now love both. I'm not really that much of a geek, but I taught myself dvorak after being fed up with not being able to type without looking at the keyboard (i wasn't really looking at the keys, but as soon as i tilted my head up i just couldnt keep typing.), a side effect of teaching yourself to type without proper instructions (home row, what?). People don't see me as a nerd or geek at all until they get to know me usually, which is a good thing I guess.

I have a lot of problems in life, though all are minor problems. I won't discuss them all now but if i feel like it they might show up here.

(im noticing that i can't decide whether to use capital Is for I or not. I don't care.)

Right now my most urgent problem is that Im not doing my school stuff. This has been going on for at least 5 years but it used to be because I was too busy either programming or gaming, but it's gotten worse now because I do neither, I just do nothing but procrastinate and waste time. Every time I want to pick up something like coding or gaming again I tell myself not to and to get my school work sorted first, and I just keep doing nothing. I know that I will regret this, I know that I have no choice but to do well this and next year or my life will be fudged up beyond all recognition, and I understand it all and I want to change it. Action needs to be taken now, as I'm starting to need to hand stuff in that counts. I've been pretty lucky to have gotten the chance to start over on this 2-year IB program that I can start at the beginning and finish at the end without missing anything, and I can't fuck it up.

So, for the next period of time I will be posting everything I do to change my life here in this blog. I know that (many) other people are in sort of the same situation which motivates me to post my stuff here. I know I can sort of change my life, Ive already got myself from hating water and never drinking it to only drinking water and hating coke. I would have never thought I could do this, or that I would, or would want to but the thing is everybody can change if they want. It took me a few tries, it always takes a few tries, but if you convince yourself eventually that you have to then you will succeed eventually, and that's what I plan on doing again.

[Image: ub1985584.jpg]
01/03/2008 10:10 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Method
You may call me Reverend.

Threads: 443
E-Pigs: 71.2376
RE: I hate the word blog.
Good luck!!!! I'm liking the theme By the way

[Image: mvg1hw.gif]
01/03/2008 10:21 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Shady
Sometimes when poo, I hungry

Threads: 472
E-Pigs: 508.0987
whyd the theme change on this page?

by the way i just finished reading you new blog and good luck man.

hope to see more from you here

(09/06/2011 06:25 AM)S7* Wrote:  Spambots are strange, mysterious creatures.
(This post was last modified: 01/03/2008 11:51 AM by Shady.)
01/03/2008 11:46 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Wolf
Frolicking towards Zinga

Threads: 277
E-Pigs: 51.9285
*®$нд∂¥©* Wrote:whyd the theme change on this page?

Woah. Same here.

[Image: 5mmh08.png]
WolfLand, PSP ISO's and Full downloads! Visit now.
Spoiler for Houses Burned Down - UPDATED:
- diego (Your dog was inside your Tibet residence...win)
- metalgear (That ranch you had in Santa Monica...poof)
- Games like a Grrl (Soon...very soon)
- Senseiseito Sakura (Got your house in the Hamptons...BURN!)
- MehHakker (I hope you didn't leave anyone in your house in Africa)
01/03/2008 11:47 AM
iggrull
keep it together

Threads: 35
E-Pigs: 1.9829
Ge64 Wrote:everybody can change if they want.

everything else in the world is conjecture. wee can be free if wee believe this. I'm so drunk. saturday's are awesome.
01/03/2008 03:43 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Pirata Nervo
NervOS Developer

Threads: 39
E-Pigs: 19.2466
Good luck :D
I love Linux, I rarely use Windows.
Mac is cool too.

01/03/2008 04:14 PM