gsmoke
Noob

Threads: 103
E-Pigs: 36.9914
Exclamation PSP Un-bricker/Downgrader [PANDORA]
LOL what you about to see is real magic going around the scene lately :

Dark Alex :
Quote:Yeah, the "Service Mode".

This has been the work of the alliance of a lot of developers externally known as "C+D": Nem, joek, Fanjita, Chris, jim, psp250, ditlew, Skylark, Dark_AleX, mathieulh, tyranid, adrahil and Booster.

The battery lets to downgrade any firmware version (including those that Sony releases in the future), and to unbrick bricked psp's (whatever bricked by software psp, not only the ones bricked by that retard of Serafin), in all current hardware. Of course, wee cannot be sure about future hardware, but the Firmware Update game has finally come to the end for all current psp's.

Spread the word: Digg This

Full Article from Noobz  
Noobz.eu Wrote:Wee told you that wee'd be releasing an unbricker for the M33 bricks.  But then wee got to thinking, maybe that just wouldn't be exciting enough.

Would you like a super special surprise bonus?  How about an unbricker for ALL PSPs?  Yep, you read that right.  Wee call it "Pandora's Battery".

There's a larger story behind this unbricker, though, and it deserves to be told.  It's the culmination of years of behind-the-scenes research and development by some of the top names in PSP hacking, under the name of the Prometheus project.  This group of people, from various development teams, was dedicated to developing and releasing PSP hacks and exploits, with the aim of improving the status of PSP homebrew, and making sure that it was kept alive.

For some time this project was highly successful - many releases from Noobz, C+D and others were direct results of this work.  The zenith of this success was the development of this unbricker - which required some amazing technical leaps, including:

1. Reverse engineering of the service (unbrick) mode
   2. Development of a technique to change an ordinary battery into a service mode trigger battery (and back)
   3. Development of custom IPL code along with a technique to sign that code as authentic.

Even more impressive is that all of the above was achieved without any access to the official hardware or software.  With careful nurturing, this unbricker and custom IPL was to become the foundation of a whole new homebrew environment.

Unfortunately something happened to shatter the idyll.  Somehow, the unbricker was leaked into the wider world before it was ready to be released.  Whether this was deliberate, by one of the team members, or accidental via a security breach is still unclear.  The fact is that this unbricker appeared on the black market, being sold for huge prices.  As far as wee know, it is probably very close to the same software that appears in at least some of the 'magic unbricker'/'jigkick' videos.

So, although the time was not right to release this (it would have been wise to wait at least until the PSP Slim release), our hand has been forced.  In order to prevent small fortunes being made by leeches, wee are giving this unbricker away for free.  So - let it be known - if you have paid for an unbricker, then you have been ripped off.  I suggest that you take up your grievances with the seller - it should never have been sold.   And if you're unhappy about this being released before PSP Slim - then blame whoever it was that leaked or 'borrowed' it.

It's unclear whether or not this is the end for the Prometheus project -  hopefully not, but that is undecided so far.  In case it is the end, it is worth a quick roll of honour. In alphabetical order:

Adrahil, Booster, Cswindle, Dark_AleX, Ditlew, Fanjita, Joek2100, Jim, Mathieulh, Nem, Psp250, Skylark, TyRaNiD.

And here are their respective C+D (Create and Destroy) nicknames.

Mathieulh = WiseFellow
Tyranid = bockscar
Fanjita = FullerMonty
Joek = CosmicOverSoul
Dark_Alex = Malyot
Chris = Caretaker
Adrahil = VoidPointer
nem = h1ckeyph0rce

Anyway - make sure to read the readme.txt in this release for how to use it, but in brief it works like this:

1. You run a program on a homebrew-enabled PSP that will convert a standard PSP battery into a jigkick battery.  Note that you can't then use that battery normally - so you should use a spare one.
   2. You run a program to generate the unbricker memory stick image, built from the v1.5 update EBOOT (note that this, and the custom IPL, means the release is completely free of Sony copyright materials).
   3. You run some programs on a PC to install the image to your memory stick.

Now, you have a battery/memory stick pair that works just like the famous jigkick combination (but better) - just insert them into any PSP (even a brick) and the PSP will be reinstalled with the v1.5 firmware.  As far as wee know, this will continue to work for all future firmwares.

Donations : HERE

- Source: [Noobz.eu]

Source: YouTube

=========================================================================================

New Download attached the same program with more infos and Faqs i found , check the readme´s. Forgive me the type mistakes , i was sleepy...
=========================================================================================

Easy installer can be found HERE
==========================================================================================

A 3 part video tutorial can be found here

==========================================================================================

Code:
Changes in version 7
-----------------------

- A format flash function has been added which is usefull to correct problems in some psp that get an error when installing 4.01 M33, or to have a custom partitioning of the flash.

- An idstorage tools function has been addded. It allows to create a new idstorage (including for first time, the regeneration of region and umd keys), change region (including umd region), or fix wlan mac address.

More info about the two new added functions below.

Installation:

- DC  iplloader doesn't require to mspformat the memory stick.
However, in some memory stick it may still be necessary.
Just run the program and if you find an error at 99%, run mspformat and try again.

- Copy DC7 to PSP/GAME/

- Download Sony 4.01 update eboot and copy it to ms rootwith the name 401.PBP

- If you have a PTF custom theme set, quit it before running the program.

- Use the app under a 3.x/4.x kernel. The program may not work in versions prior to 3.03 OE.

- IF timemachine is installed in this memory stick, the program will ask you at the end which button(s) you want to boot DC7, otherwise no buttons will be necessary.

- Now you have an universal pandora ms ready to go, and you just need a proper
battery. If you have 1.50 kernel access, use c+d tool. Otherwise, use corly149 tool.

Battery and ms will work on all psp except the very latest ta-88.

Unbricking: 

- Select the desired optin in the menu (Install 4.01 M33, Install 4.01 OFW, etc)

- Nand operations-> nand restore currently performs a physical nand dump

This proccess is very dangerous, and you should *just* use it if it's your
last chance to get it working.

This is a physical restore process (not a logical one), and will try to make 
a 100% exact clon of the dump.

If you are working with a dump that isn't yours, you will get either a brick
or a corrupt idstorage, depending on the firmware.

If while you are restoring your psp have got any damaged block more than 
when you dumped it, you might also get a brick, depending on what block is it.
If you want to boot the recovery mode of the 4.01 M33 of the memory stick, boot 
the psp with R+the key used to boot DC7 (if any).

- Lflash format (in nand operations menu)

This function performs a physical format of the lflash, creates the 4 partitions again, with the
user desired sizes (by default, they are set to the default of that system), and then performs
a logical format of the 4 partitions.

This function allows to fix some errors that appear in 4.01 M33 installation: Error assigning flashX, psp not booting after installing 4.01 M33, etc.

It is also useful for fat users that want to make flash0 bigger by making the other partitions smaller.

Note: the sizes shown in the menu refer to the size of the physical partition. The size of the
logical partition maybe a bit smaller.

No need to say that this operations deletes current content of flash. After lflash format, the
flash is empty, you need to install 4.01 M33/OFW.

- Create new idstorage (in nand operations menu, idstorage tools)

This function destroys the current idstorage (if any), and creates a new one.
It is useful when your idstorage has been corrupted and you didn't have a backup like hapenned to me with one psp :)

Keys restore: common keys, and for first time region/openpsid/dnas/certificate keys and umd keys.

What will and won't work after this?

UMD: yes.
Set time via internet (DNAS): yes
adhoc: not tested, but hopefully it will work
psn games: not tested but it should work. However your current bought games will not work, as your psp will be identified as a new device.
usb: yes, your psp and ps3 will detect it as a new device because the psp identifier (psid) has changed.
magicgate (drm videos/audio): it has not been tested, but it should NOT work, as a way to generate magicgates keys (0x10-0x13) has not been found (yet).

First step: select a region for your new idstorage. If your region is not there, just select 
whatever one, also if it is there, you can select another one if you want :)
The region affects also umd videos/audios.

Second step (optional): Press enter button to find real mac address (wifi switch must be on).
If this step fails, then just press -> to continue and a random mac will be generated (in this case after idstorage creation, shutdown the psp, restart DC and goto idstorage tools -> fix mac, this time it should work unless there is a hardware problem).

Last step is to press enter, and your new idstorage will be created.

- Change region ((in nand operations menu, idstorage tools)

This allows to change the region of the psp and the umd drive. After this, your psp will be able to play umd's of other region.
As a side effect, your psp will be identified as a new device, so you'll have to download/buy
psn games again, configure ps3 remote control again, etc.

----

Note: If you are gonna use the memory stick to restore a psp other than the one that created it,
check if the file /TM/DC7/act.dat exists in the ms. If it exists, remove it, otherwise the restored psp may not be able to buy psn games until the user doesn't delete from flash2 the act.dat of the other psp. (act.dat files are unique for each psp).

Note that act.dat will be restored to the moment of the MS creation. 
If you have bought other PSN game later, the act.dat file may have changed and if you restore the old one, you may loose the latest bought game.
Backup flash2:/act.dat each time after you buy something from the PSN!

-----------
Third party libraries

This program uses intraFont by BenHur to render firmware fonts.
intraFont modified code has been compiled in a separated prx, and its source
and the original license can be found in intrafont directory.

New DC7 included

LINK : DC7

Attached File(s)
.zip  pandora.zip (Size: 200.15 KB / Downloads: 613)
.rar  Pandora Mas Info.rar (Size: 139.91 KB / Downloads: 676)

“Fear not for the future, weep not for the past.”
(This post was last modified: 29/08/2008 06:28 PM by gsmoke.)
22/08/2007 06:06 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Tails
Paradigmatic Entity

Threads: 10
E-Pigs: 3.0885
RE: PANDORA
lol, u beat me to it in posting this news... was posting that, dun worry, i deleted my own posts, cause, urs seems to be better.. ;) as u included the donation links, etc.....

Anyway, my comment on this news...

apart from OMFG, I dunno what to say.... so.. is that mean, wee dun need to downgrade anymore, as wee can just use this to reinstall the 1.5 firmware....???

edit: fudge it..... u still need to downgrade i guess... as it says.... "You run a program on a homebrew-enabled PSP that will convert a standard PSP battery into a jigkick battery.  Note that you can't then use that battery normally - so you should use a spare one."

[Image: 1261_200711271529544.jpg]
[Image: 1261_200711271529546.jpg]

[Image: Tails.jpg]]
(This post was last modified: 22/08/2007 06:12 PM by Tails.)
22/08/2007 06:09 PM
ix_stylez
("')(O.o)('')

Threads: 23
E-Pigs: 8.2221
yeah, im doing this right now before my psp gets bricked. but hey, if u find anyone else with a custom firmware just ask him to unbrick ur psp.

oh yeah, and no need for that 'kickstart' thing that's supposably supposed to come out.

[Image: IxStyleZ.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 22/08/2007 06:21 PM by ix_stylez.)
22/08/2007 06:20 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Tails
Paradigmatic Entity

ix_stylez Wrote:yeah, im doing this right now before my psp gets bricked. but hey, if u find anyone else with a custom firmware just ask him to unbrick ur psp.

oh yeah, and no need for that 'kickstart' thing that's supposably supposed to come out.

ya, after I read the instruction from DA in maxconsole... it is more making sense now....

the initial run, need to be a homebrew enabled PSP....... unless, u have a friend with a homebrew enabled PSP and create a the special battery for it.... as long as u got that special battery, u can downgrade any psp u want, in other word, u dun need to have a homebrew enabled PSP as  long as ur friend has it... lol

Sony is a loser in this war.... lol

(This post was last modified: 22/08/2007 06:30 PM by Tails.)
22/08/2007 06:30 PM
Tenshigami
Giant Enemy Crab

Threads: 4
E-Pigs: 0.8801
IS THIS REAL? It's on Exophase, and they're reliable. So I guess so. FRICKIN SWEET!

I need a spare battery now. But I'm broke. And the batteries are soon going to be selling like hotcakes....

GOD DAMMIT!

22/08/2007 06:30 PM
Tails
Paradigmatic Entity

Tenshigami Wrote:IS THIS REAL? It's on Exophase, and they're reliable. So I guess so. FRICKIN SWEET!

I need a spare battery now. But I'm broke. And the batteries are soon going to be selling like hotcakes....

GOD DAMMIT!

i wouldnt worry about the price of the battery though... cause, I am pretty sure it won't work for slim PSP..... that's mainly because...... Sony simply won't let u downgrade to 1.5... lol

22/08/2007 06:33 PM
ix_stylez
("')(O.o)('')

Threads: 23
E-Pigs: 8.2221
lol no more lumines and no more gta wee got this down. now... anyone got the special plug for the ps3? lol

and now i won't feel bad for using up one of my 2 batterys since shadys sending me the spare part for my psp.
thanks again shady :great:

[Image: IxStyleZ.jpg]
22/08/2007 06:46 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
gsmoke
Noob

Threads: 103
E-Pigs: 36.9914
Wee are Free like a birdy nowww :rofl:  

PD : Black Demon contact me ....

“Fear not for the future, weep not for the past.”
22/08/2007 06:50 PM
|-Anubis-|
<3 Girls

Threads: 45
E-Pigs: 26.8142
OMG!

EVERYONE DOWNGRADE YOUR PSPs!

HURRY!

GO!

'borrow' SOME AND DOWNGRADE.

This really is a great achievement.

The urgent need for downgraders should be cut down to size now.

[Image: chikarusigrf1.png]
22/08/2007 07:01 PM
games like a grrl
Neko ninja grrl

Threads: 74
E-Pigs: 35.1378
Wait, what am I missing?  This is legit, right?  Obviously, I guess, I'm gonna go to the source and check it out.  And this is a legitimate unbricker?  Gonna wait for someone I know on the forums to confirm before I get too excited.  Anyone have a brick they're willing to test it on?

[Image: haruhi-haruhi_sig_v2.jpg]
[Image: f_SIGharuhiGLm_4ba6144.png]
22/08/2007 07:09 PM