Help pls
Grey Ghost
Still kicking!
Fractal Insanity

Threads: 112
E-Pigs: 161.5986
PSP Go help - requesting info/advise
Hey EPeeps,

Posting a PSP question yoooo (this must be a first in awhile). Thought I would pick your guys brains.

I was only just skiting about my PSP Go's recently and then this dun happened.

I bought a new battery for my one of my PSP Go's as its battery go to the point where it would last little over a couple of hours.

I disassembled it nicely which only requires removing the back cover to get at the battery and change it.

Swapped out the old battery for the new one. Easy.

Screwed it all back together and hit the power switch. Nothing. It's a new battery so I let it charge for a bit. Plugged in the charger and on came the orange charging light.

New battery now has some charge, so I tired again. Still nothing. double you tee eff.

Swapped out the battery for the old battery (full charge), flicked the switch again. Nothing.

Seriously double you tee eff.

Took the battery out and tried booting it directly from the charger plugged in. Again nothing. And by nothing I mean no green light or anything, does not turn on at all.

So something is up. If a battery is in the Go, it can still charge the battery when you plug it in (orange light comes on as said). So there is power flowing through its motherboard. However it will just not turn on with or without a battery in it.

It's the oddest thing that I somehow seemed to have fudgeed it by just swapping the battery. The power switch looks fine and so do all the main fuses (from what I can tell).

I have read around and tried things like this but to no avail.

It was working 100% before I changed the battery. I was running 6.20ME permanent patch on it, so I am hoping removing the battery somehow didn't brick it? Seems unlikely to me though.

Anyone got any ideas? Any coldboot/hardboot tricks? Im thinking maybe the motherboard needs a circuit reset or something? Something to kickstart it again?
01/02/2015 02:13 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Barcelona
Too Young To Care

Threads: 88
E-Pigs: 60.4042
RE: PSP Go help - requesting info/advise
Well it's definitely the switch, how do the pins on the pcb look?

[Image: A73TX.png]
Quotes That Made Me Lol
Joomla12 Wrote:Who are you?
(02/08/2011 08:26 AM)eKusoshisut0 Wrote:  ┻┻ ︵ヽ(`Д´)ノ︵ ┻┻
Previous Signatures
First Signature Wrote:Rep me up or I'll GENTLY CARESS you in the booty!
Second Signature Wrote:Studies have shown that for everyone person that doesn't rep me up, an angel gets a hernea.
Third Signature Wrote:Dead Trademark91 killed me.
Fourth Signature Wrote:Windows Proud
Fifth Signature Wrote:I'm waiting for someone to chime in with an arrow. Any tamed wolves you can be traced back to my forum signature.
Sixth Signature Wrote:[Image: 7hjyW.png]
01/02/2015 11:29 AM
Grey Ghost
Still kicking!
Fractal Insanity

(01/02/2015 11:29 AM)Barcelona Wrote:  Well it's definitely the switch, how do the pins on the pcb look?

Yeah I thought about that. Switch looks totally fine though.

Spoiler for pics:
[Image: Iq66KRr.jpg]

[Image: 9YFwmGP.jpg]

Besides, I didn't have to go anywhere near the switch. So it's really baffling. Maybe something inside the switch?

Again I hope removing the battery somehow didn't fudge the 6.20ME cfw. That's the only thing I can think of.
(This post was last modified: 02/02/2015 02:09 AM by Grey Ghost.)
02/02/2015 01:58 AM
Barcelona
Too Young To Care

Threads: 88
E-Pigs: 60.4042
That miiiiiiight be true, didn't the psp have a battery serial on file? I doubt it though. Have you posted elsewhere? There might be someone else who had the same issue.

[Image: A73TX.png]
Quotes That Made Me Lol
Joomla12 Wrote:Who are you?
(02/08/2011 08:26 AM)eKusoshisut0 Wrote:  ┻┻ ︵ヽ(`Д´)ノ︵ ┻┻
Previous Signatures
First Signature Wrote:Rep me up or I'll GENTLY CARESS you in the booty!
Second Signature Wrote:Studies have shown that for everyone person that doesn't rep me up, an angel gets a hernea.
Third Signature Wrote:Dead Trademark91 killed me.
Fourth Signature Wrote:Windows Proud
Fifth Signature Wrote:I'm waiting for someone to chime in with an arrow. Any tamed wolves you can be traced back to my forum signature.
Sixth Signature Wrote:[Image: 7hjyW.png]
02/02/2015 04:40 AM
Grey Ghost
Still kicking!
Fractal Insanity

(02/02/2015 04:40 AM)Barcelona Wrote:  That miiiiiiight be true, didn't the psp have a battery serial on file?

What do you mean by that?

Barcelona Wrote:Have you posted elsewhere? There might be someone else who had the same issue.

I haven't posted anywhere else yet, might post it on Wololo later. From my extensive Googling I found similar people with the same problem. No real fixes though.

Motherboard or something must have gone. But its so strange though.
02/02/2015 01:45 PM
xBu
Jedi

Threads: 55
E-Pigs: 44.0477
Id probably start checking the fuses/switch with a Multimeter if nothing else is working, very odd >.<
02/02/2015 03:50 PM
SkyDX
Guardian of the Shining Sky
Team DreamArts

Threads: 305
E-Pigs: 173.5065
Well I have no idea about PSP internals so I can't be much of a help though one thing that did cross my mind, is there a way to jump-start a PSP in the same way you can start a PC mainboard by crossing the two pins manually, bypassing the switch? Maybe that could help to rule out some defects if possible :/ In any case I hope you get it fixed, that sounds really annoying >.<

[Image: EgGYGSX.png]
TwitterMyAnimeList lastFMBlogdeviantART

Spoiler for Old Rainbow Sounds sig^^:
[Image: 6yWvk.png]
(This post was last modified: 03/02/2015 06:46 AM by SkyDX.)
03/02/2015 06:45 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Grey Ghost
Still kicking!
Fractal Insanity

(02/02/2015 03:50 PM)xBu Wrote:  Id probably start checking the fuses/switch with a Multimeter if nothing else is working, very odd >.<

Yeah that's what I was thinking. Visually they look fine though, I found an image as said that highlighted the fuses and they don't look blown.

Gonna have to find me a Multimeter!

SkyDX Wrote:Well I have no idea about PSP internals so I can't be much of a help though one thing that did cross my mind, is there a way to jump-start a PSP in the same way you can start a PC mainboard by crossing the two pins manually, bypassing the switch? Maybe that could help to rule out some defects if possible :/ In any case I hope you get it fixed, that sounds really annoying >.<

Thanks Sky, and that was basically what I was thinking. I thought maybe the new battery may have caused a short circuit so I was thinking maybe it just needs a manual power on to reboot it or something.

Annoying indeeeeed!
04/02/2015 08:18 PM
SkyDX
Guardian of the Shining Sky
Team DreamArts

Threads: 305
E-Pigs: 173.5065
(04/02/2015 08:18 PM)Grey Ghost Wrote:  
(02/02/2015 03:50 PM)xBu Wrote:  Id probably start checking the fuses/switch with a Multimeter if nothing else is working, very odd >.<

Yeah that's what I was thinking. Visually they look fine though, I found an image as said that highlighted the fuses and they don't look blown.

SkyDX Wrote:Well I have no idea about PSP internals so I can't be much of a help though one thing that did cross my mind, is there a way to jump-start a PSP in the same way you can start a PC mainboard by crossing the two pins manually, bypassing the switch? Maybe that could help to rule out some defects if possible :/ In any case I hope you get it fixed, that sounds really annoying >.<

Thanks Sky, and that was basically what I was thinking. I thought maybe the new battery may have caused a short circuit so I was thinking maybe it just needs a manual power on to reboot it or something.

Annoying indeeeeed!

No problem and yeah that's what I thought aswell though now you gave me a different idea based on that: I don't think it will work but it certainly won't make things worse, try to unplug the battery and hold the power switch for a while to drain every bit of left-over power in the system. Then reconnect the battery and see if you get anywhere D:

[Image: EgGYGSX.png]
TwitterMyAnimeList lastFMBlogdeviantART

Spoiler for Old Rainbow Sounds sig^^:
[Image: 6yWvk.png]
06/02/2015 06:52 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Grey Ghost
Still kicking!
Fractal Insanity

(06/02/2015 06:52 AM)SkyDX Wrote:  
(04/02/2015 08:18 PM)Grey Ghost Wrote:  

Annoying indeeeeed!

No problem and yeah that's what I thought aswell though now you gave me a different idea based on that: I don't think it will work but it certainly won't make things worse, try to unplug the battery and hold the power switch for a while to drain every bit of left-over power in the system. Then reconnect the battery and see if you get anywhere D:

Yeah already done that buddy. Still no luck!

I managed to score another PSP Go for $50 the other day haha.

Once it arrives Ill use it to test what's wrong (motherboard or otherwise) and report results.

Thanks for the help.
08/02/2015 12:47 AM