AMD Continues to disappoint me...
Slushba132
BustyLoli-Chan

Threads: 508
E-Pigs: 73.1299
AMD Continues to disappoint me...
Am I the only one?
I mean I built this "powerhouse of a PC" maybe 2 years ago
I used all AMD hardware, and I was proud of it...
I felt like they were king and now more and more I see NVIDIA making "big plays" and AMD making "mistakes"...

They've like completely given up on processors...
They are trying to make APU's (which are chocolatety IMO) why force one chip to fail at everything when you can just have a CPU and a GPU that both do what they do flawlessly

They don't support CUDA
instead they use openCL this chocolatety unheard of thing that NOBODY NOBODY uses... Unless your name is AMD
I continue to see CUDA support everywhere, from everyone, and even though AMD has the ability to go ahead and except it, they want to be retarded and go their own way with some chocolatety half-assed technology that nobody supports
It might not seem like a big deal, but as a person who spent all this money on these chocolatety dead weight bricks that AMD calls graphic cards, I'd like to be able to use them to their full potential to do things that I see lower end NVIDIA cards doing...

They are just slipping further and further behind
and they don't have to be
and it annoys me because I picked them and trusted them

I just want to say, more to AMD personally
AMD, how do you think this makes me feel?
I trusted you and you've essentially told me
HEY THANKS FOR THE MONEY :D
NOW GO FUCK YOURSELF

Does anyone else understand what I'm saying or feel the same?

09/03/2013 06:29 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
gsmoke
Noob

Threads: 103
E-Pigs: 36.9914
RE: AMD Continues to disappoint me...
well i do understand you maybe ,
im a proud ATI HD5450 user , where every linux i install end up formated...

well ati never more , looking forward to nvidia cuda capable

“Fear not for the future, weep not for the past.”
09/03/2013 10:52 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
squee666
Grand Warlock

Threads: 351
E-Pigs: 555.8899
can you at least hand it to them the apus for budget machines. alot of them stil use reallly old intel graphics

hell theres an acer netbook i like but down own that has a 1.3ghz dual core apu and for a 10*  screen its gpu power is phenominal.

[Image: IuZelj2.png]
Spoiler for anime watched:
[Image: squee666.jpg]
09/03/2013 12:29 PM
ZiNgA BuRgA
Smart Alternative

Threads: 1,174
E-Pigs: 446.0333
(09/03/2013 06:29 AM)Slushba132 Wrote:  They are trying to make APU's (which are chocolatety IMO) why force one chip to fail at everything when you can just have a CPU and a GPU that both do what they do flawlessly
Their APUs are HUGE.  It's the reason they got selected, over Intel, nVidia and IBM for both the PS4 and Xbox 720.
Intel have been focusing so much on their graphics for the past few generations (from Sandy Bridge, Ivy Bridge and the upcomming Haswell) because APUs are where it's at.
APUs also allow them some potential foothold into the embedded SoC market (which is massive), although Intel have been heavily investing there too.

(09/03/2013 06:29 AM)Slushba132 Wrote:  They don't support CUDA
instead they use openCL this chocolatety unheard of thing that NOBODY NOBODY uses... Unless your name is AMD
Wrong.  CUDA is nVidia proprietary stuff.  OpenCL is an open standard, supported by AMD, Intel and nVidia.  Only nVidia uses CUDA.
They've managed to rack up support from all the marketing dollars they've spent on it.
Nonetheless, what actually uses CUDA that you care about?
(This post was last modified: 09/03/2013 05:33 PM by ZiNgA BuRgA.)
09/03/2013 05:31 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Slushba132
BustyLoli-Chan

Threads: 508
E-Pigs: 73.1299
More fuel for the fire...

openCL
you know
that chocolatety spoon my stupid spoon is suppose to support
it just fudgeing doesn't
today I went to use that has openCL support and the box to enable it was grayed out (currently using catalyst 13.1)
I googled the issue and people say they have noticed up to a 49% drop in openCL performance from driver 12.1 to driver 13.1

That would be so bad except apparently for some reason my driver doesn't have the support for it AT ALL (and it's worked in the past so I know this is bullchocolate)

So I went to fix that issue by re-installing my drivers
I used the handy dandy What a fudgeing surprise it's broken and can't even uninstall properly utility
http://sites.amd.com/us/game/downloads/P...ility.aspx
Didn't even work
"Completed with warnings" which by the way seems to be a growing trend
so I restarted as it suggested
then ran it again
and the uninstall of everything AMD related
Chipset drivers, AHCI drivers, USB drivers, Graphics drivers, HDMI audio drivers because you can't just fudgeing pick one to uninstall you have to uninstall ALL OF THEM or else something's going to fail somewhere and everything is going to be broken but anyway... that all completed "sucessfully"

So then I restart and navigate the web on my 640x480 "Gaming Machine" (it's a fudgeing powerhouse all right)
download all the drivers I need to "clean reinstall" all of them

and low and fudgeing behold
[Image: Zd6d4l3.png]

I think I've seen this message EVERY SINGLE FUCKING TIME for the last like I don't know SEVEN "updates" to their drivers

but don't worry because if you wanted to know what was wrong and even attempt to fix
[Image: 1oUjCBS.png]

that's right
FUCK YOU

So here's to you AMD
FUCK YOU

(09/03/2013 05:31 PM)ZiNgA BuRgA Wrote:  Their APUs are HUGE.  It's the reason they got selected, over Intel, nVidia and IBM for both the PS4 and Xbox 720.
Intel have been focusing so much on their graphics for the past few generations (from Sandy Bridge, Ivy Bridge and the upcomming Haswell) because APUs are where it's at.
APUs also allow them some potential foothold into the embedded SoC market (which is massive), although Intel have been heavily investing there too.
As a person who could care less about consoles,
you know, one of those people who liked them (and supported them with my albeit measly contributions (probably around 2k USD)) when they use to do computer stuff
you know, stuff I actually cared about
I couldn't really care what they do in the console market
that doesn't help me

Meanwhile the NVIDIA Titan the world's best slimest profile graphics card
2nd best newest graphics card (2nd only to NVIDIAs other products and arguably better because sits in one PCI-E slot and it's arguably better because it only takes one PCI-E slot and is more efficient when chained together)
And where does AMD sit?
Spot 4
http://www.videocardbenchmark.net/high_end_gpus.html

The fourth best graphics card
Aww yeah the HD7970 I think I was pumped and excited for this to come out 2 YEARS AGO No lie... I built my PC probably this month of 2011 and I was excited for the HD7970 but it wasn't out yet, So I didn't get one

Where does AMD sit on the CPU list? Spot 18
http://www.cpubenchmark.net/high_end_cpus.html

I just want to walk up to the CEO of AMD look him dead in the face and scream
"WHAT THE FUCK HAVE YOU BEEN DOING FOR 2 WHOLE YEARS?"

(09/03/2013 05:31 PM)ZiNgA BuRgA Wrote:  Nonetheless, what actually uses CUDA that you care about?
Adobe supports CUDA
specifically Adobe Premier Pro
I hope you didn't want to edit/render HD video on AMD/ATI technology because YOU Can't
also various CAD software supports CUDA
Photoshop
Various other Art Programs

I've yet to find something I actually do (aside from the duplicate music file finder "Similarity" which was probably written by some third party single developer enthusiast) that supports openCL
I'm not computing PI to the billionth digit, I'm an avid gamer trying to use my PC for things normal people would use their CPU for
So why is AMD, you know "Gaming Evolved", the people who are suppose to be appealing to me (my demographic) supporting some retarded piece of spoon software implementation that no average PC company seems to give a fudge about
And last time I checked people weren't even using openCL to build super computers they were using NVIDIA Teslas that were CUDA enabled
So what the fudge good is it

And I know it might seem like I'm just bitching, which I am
But this all basically to say that I'm never buying a single AMD product again
I'm going to buy NVIDIA and Intel products in the future (i.e. as soon as I have the money) but for now, I'm stuck with this chocolatety AMD platform and I'm mad about it...
I don't think a day goes by where I don't feel like chucking these retarded graphics cards out the window...
and if I had the money right now, I'd buy 2 GTX 680's in a heart beat

(This post was last modified: 10/03/2013 02:42 AM by Slushba132.)
10/03/2013 02:13 AM
Assassinator

Threads: 176
E-Pigs: 140.8363
(09/03/2013 06:29 AM)Slushba132 Wrote:  They don't support CUDA
I continue to see CUDA support everywhere, from everyone, and even though AMD has the ability to go ahead and except it, they want to be retarded and go their own way with some chocolatety half-assed technology that nobody supports.  It might not seem like a big deal, but as a person who spent all this money on these chocolatety dead weight bricks that AMD calls graphic cards, I'd like to be able to use them to their full potential to do things that I see lower end NVIDIA cards doing...
My latop's GPU (Geforce GT 540M) supports CUDA (or at least I think it does) and I never use it.  My desktop's GPU (Radeon 7870) doesn't, and I'm perfectly fine with that too.  You don't really need it.

Please don't say you want to encode videos with CUDA.  Actually, do it so I can laugh at you.

(09/03/2013 06:29 AM)Slushba132 Wrote:  And where does AMD sit?
Spot 4
http://www.videocardbenchmark.net/high_end_gpus.html

The fourth best graphics card
Aww yeah the HD7970 I think I was pumped and excited for this to come out 2 YEARS AGO No lie... I built my PC probably this month of 2011 and I was excited for the HD7970 but it wasn't out yet, So I didn't get one
99.99% of people don't care about the absolute performance crown, because unless you're a giant faggot, 150fps and 160fps makes no difference at all.

Value for money is what really matters, and gets in the money.  I don't think AMD is loosing at that.

(09/03/2013 06:29 AM)Slushba132 Wrote:  I'm not computing PI to the billionth digit, I'm an avid gamer trying to use my PC for things normal people would use their CPU for
So why is AMD, you know "Gaming Evolved", the people who are suppose to be appealing to me (my demographic) supporting some retarded piece of spoon software implementation that no average PC company seems to give a fudge about.
This whole paragraph is pants on head retarded.  
1. No CPUs have CUDA.  It's a GPU thing.
2. CUDA isn't used for gaming.
3. Nvidia supports OpenCL too.

tl;dr - You're a retard.  If you want CUDA so much, then buy NVidia?  What's the point of buying AMD, KNOWING it doesn't have CUDA, and then having a huge nerd rage over it afterwards?
(This post was last modified: 10/03/2013 03:57 AM by Assassinator.)
10/03/2013 03:27 AM
ZiNgA BuRgA
Smart Alternative

Threads: 1,174
E-Pigs: 446.0333
(10/03/2013 02:13 AM)Slushba132 Wrote:  I just want to walk up to the CEO of AMD look him dead in the face and scream
"WHAT THE FUCK HAVE YOU BEEN DOING FOR 2 WHOLE YEARS?"
Thank god you can't.

(10/03/2013 02:13 AM)Slushba132 Wrote:  Adobe supports CUDA
specifically Adobe Premier Pro
I hope you didn't want to edit/render HD video on AMD/ATI technology because YOU Can't
also various CAD software supports CUDA
Photoshop
Various other Art Programs
(10/03/2013 02:13 AM)Slushba132 Wrote:  I'm an avid gamer
This is funny.
10/03/2013 04:14 AM
Joom
WOOP
Worlds End

Threads: 417
E-Pigs: 134.1772
I use an AMD system with no problems at all. I'm calling PEBKAC.
10/03/2013 10:58 AM
trademark91
Unique?
Fractal Insanity

Threads: 269
E-Pigs: 105.8691
I've only ever used AMD graphics. Never had any of the issues you're describing.

This thread is a train wreck.

[Image: 531115][Image: 76561198014212040.png]
windows Proud
10/03/2013 12:55 PM
Grey Ghost
Still kicking!
Fractal Insanity

Threads: 112
E-Pigs: 161.5986
(10/03/2013 12:55 PM)trademark91 Wrote:  I've only ever used AMD graphics. Never had any of the issues you're describing.

This thread is a train wreck.

Train wrecks are all the fun.
10/03/2013 05:35 PM