Dayuuuuum
Tetris999

Threads: 298
E-Pigs: 82.5657
Dayuuuuum
This one aint gonna be a crybabby post I sweah.

Anyway, it's been another long month of schooling, but one of the coolest things that I've been looking up to for the end of this month is getting this baby:

[Image: note_2323527b.jpg]

Other than being a seemingly niche product, Samsung really put a lot of time and effort in pushing this phone towards the public. Personally that does worry me slightly since they DID bring down the resolution on this phone so that it would "make viewing videos oh so much better!" Anyway, the phone doesn't reek too much of casual influence yet (FACEBOOK APPS, YOOOTOOBE, FLICKR, TUMBLR, TWITTER~!, "LOL WHY U NO WURK", "DERPINA LOL", etc.), so I'm mighty fine with all the productivity tools and direction this phone has taken for now.

Just have to say, what have I been missing out on!?!?! Using Android is a bazillion leagues above iOS. I'm happy to say that I'm back into the game of being able to plug my spoon in and being able to drag'n drop files into my filesystem. No syncing, no getting dedicated (and trojaned) usb programs, nada. Android really allows you to do whatever the F*** you want with your system and with all the nifty doodads and settings, I'm just having a blast tweaking it the way I want it to be.

As for the phone itself, I remember I posted the reasons why I bought this thing and it really has made my long donkey 4 hour commutes to be a bit more productive. As for the size, it's a lot lighter than it looks and having a hueg donkey phone makes the reading experience a breeze (which means a lot to me since I have to do a buttload of reading everyday). Stylus is also pretty awesome, I find that most of my usage that comes from it is writing or solving equations when either reading or programming. Being able to have a writing utility on hand at any time is something that I've found to be pretty useful lately and most of the time it's a good way to facilitate a thought process. Also, using the stylus as input (believe it or not) is a lot more comfortable than slamming on a virtual qwerty keyboard, I think the inclusion of it has been a pretty useful experience.

What's even more funny (or sad) is that 1024 levels of pressure sensitivity beats my bigger 12' tablet to the punch, at least that thing has one note and photoshop (which is a buggy piece of spoon right now on windows 8).

Seriously, getting this phone really makes me think that people who get apple products don't really care about what _they_ can do with their technology but what they're told they can do. So far everything that has popped up into my head (installing custom .apks, accessing a windows file share, torrents) are all supported on Android.

Also, who the fudge said this would look awkward in public? I actually used this on the tram/skytrain (or whatever you guys call a train thingy that runs above the city) and all around metro Vancouver and I did not get a single stare or question about my phone. No seriously, people don't give a F*** about the technology you use. I guess it's just the fact that reviewers are a bunch of _______ (you guys fill the word in).

Also I just really want to stress this:
TECHNOLOGY IS GREAT, NOT THE CORPORATION THAT MAKES IT

I'm by no means an apple/samsung fanboy, support tech that is good, don't be a zealot of a company that has made one or two good products.

I'm tired.

MY SIG IS FUCKING DEAD
(This post was last modified: 03/11/2012 09:10 AM by Tetris999.)
03/11/2012 08:57 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Cirehpsa
Let's finger this out.
Fractal Insanity

Threads: 63
E-Pigs: 724.9902
RE: Dayuuuuum
Oh coolio~ I'd love to get an s3 buuuuut still have my s2. :XXXXXXXX

[Image: VCvmsjM.gif][Image: DecdMVG.gif][Image: glI7KKK.gif][Image: OJilHSf.gif]
03/11/2012 10:26 AM
eKusoshisut0
NOIDED

Threads: 102
E-Pigs: 174.7326
(03/11/2012 10:26 AM)Cirehpsa Wrote:  Oh coolio~ I'd love to get an s3 buuuuut still have my s2. :XXXXXXXX

trade it in

[Image: tumblr_mlae69vAW21rmerh9o1_400.gif]

More stuff
Steam Page
[Image: K7UVN.png]
Thanks to Vacui_Natale for making this awesome siggy.
[Image: cq8au.gif]
Thanks to Natalie for this sexy Mawaru Penguindrum sig. <3
[Image: ofusT.png][

[Image: 9252_s.gif]

03/11/2012 10:28 AM
ZiNgA BuRgA
Smart Alternative

Threads: 1,174
E-Pigs: 446.0333
S3 comes with a stylus?  I thought only the Note series had them.

1280x720 is IMO good enough for a ~5in screen.  I know some newer phones are coming with 1920x1080 at like ~450ppi, but that is rather excessive IMO.  To actually even see the difference, you'd have to have perfect vision, a 'perfect test picture', and hold your phone <20cm from your face.

Reviewers' opinions generally should be taken with a grain of salt.  I find that many tech enthusiasts go crazy at the slightest improvement a lot of the time.  And the fact that there's a lot of subjectivity in things and often enthusiasts can struggle with stuff which is considerably different to what they're used to.
03/11/2012 04:30 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
boogschd
boogyman
Worlds End

Threads: 90
E-Pigs: 43.6852
that's a note2 i think

yay tetris! :D:D:D
04/11/2012 07:56 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply