Apparently I still have a blog....
Cyonix
I'm No Longer Here...

Threads: 270
E-Pigs: 43.9829
Apparently I still have a blog....
I just remembered I have a blog here I haven't used in a LONG time :P

So, what is there for me to write here???

First, I've realized my blog's name sucks.  Any suggestions??

Second, in case you're wondering why I haven't been as active with graphics lately, here's a few reasons:
  1. Thanks to Silvertie's Pokemon Emerald "Nuzlocke Run" thread, I've found myself playing Pokemon again.  And I must admit, Nuzlocke rules actually make the games interesting :)

2. This old laptop and 3D rendering don't exactly get along that well.  After all, this old piece of junk only has an 80GB hard drive (which is nearly full) and 512MB of RAM.  Yeah, it's a total piece of poo poo.  Hopefully I'll be getting a new laptop in the next few months (with AT LEAST 4GB of RAM and a 500GB hard drive, hopefully more)

3. With the exception of DreamArts, activity in the graphics section is nowhere what it used to be.  And every time I try to do something to get things going again (like SOTW/SOTF), hardly anyone enters.  It's just kinda depressing, and the reason I probably won't run another graphics competition at EP.

Finally, I've had this avatar for too long now, so I'll change it soon, I promise :D
23/05/2011 09:02 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
S7*
Sweet Dreams

Threads: 1,056
E-Pigs: 383.2289
RE: Apparently I still have a blog....
I'm surprised you'd get much if any 3D rendering done with that lappy. (Underestimate? xD)
23/05/2011 10:40 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Cyonix
I'm No Longer Here...

Threads: 270
E-Pigs: 43.9829
(23/05/2011 10:40 AM)S7* Wrote:  I'm surprised you'd get much if any 3D rendering done with that lappy. (Underestimate? xD)

Trust me, it's not easy.  Take THIS RENDER for example.  I literally had to leave my laptop running all night just to render that.

My problem is that when I come up with a good idea for a render (I've even got one or two ideas ready to render), the limitations of this 4-year old piece of poo poo make it really hard to do.

Just a few months more and I can hopefully rid myself of this antique once and for all :D
23/05/2011 01:55 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Grey Ghost
Still kicking!
Fractal Insanity

Threads: 112
E-Pigs: 161.5986
(23/05/2011 09:02 AM)Cyonix Wrote:  First, I've realized my blog's name sucks.  Any suggestions??

Not atm no...

Cynoix Wrote:Second, in case you're wondering why I haven't been as active with graphics lately, here's a few reasons:

Thanks to Silvertie's Pokemon Emerald "Nuzlocke Run" thread I've found myself playing Pokemon again.  And I must admit, Nuzlocke rules actually make the games interesting :)

Pokemon for the win!

I did start playing emerald for awhile myself due to his thread as well. Brought back good memories.

Cyonix Wrote:This old laptop and 3D rendering don't exactly get along that well.  After all, this old piece of junk only has an 80GB hard drive (which is nearly full) and 512MB of RAM.  Yeah, it's a total piece of poo poo.  Hopefully I'll be getting a new laptop in the next few months (with AT LEAST 4GB of RAM and a 500GB hard drive, hopefully more)

Try dealing with an old IBM laptop that's like 10 years old... I have me a MASIVE 30GB harddrive and 512MB of ram...

I can barley work with Visual Studios and other programs i need for school...

Cyonix Wrote:With the exception of DreamArts, activity in the graphics section is nowhere what it used to be.  And every time I try to do something to get things going again (like SOTW/SOTF), hardly anyone enters.  It's just kinda depressing, and the reason I probably won't run another graphics competition at EP.

Yea it is rather depressing, tis good to see people get involved after all. However team dream arts as you say, is the only active graphics group really...

My graphics group lost its leader again and I suppose ill take over like the last time but I don't even do graphics cause im no good at it. D: So sorry you probably won't get much out of Fractcal insanity.

Suppose I can give them all a good rark up and a fine speech to raise the moral of my men, but that's about it ;)

Anyway good to see your blog is alive.
(This post was last modified: 24/05/2011 03:39 AM by Grey Ghost.)
24/05/2011 03:38 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply