Android 2.3.2 (Gingerbread) Ported to Motorola Phones
Joom
WOOP
Worlds End

Threads: 417
E-Pigs: 134.1772
Android 2.3.2 (Gingerbread) Ported to Motorola Phones
[Image: android_icon.png]
Quote:I would like to present to you a clean stock Gingerbread (Android 2.3.2) ROM. Although this build is stock, I spent many hours modifying it to my liking. First off let me start by saying compiling Gingerbread for the Droid is a pain, goodluck to those who are attempting this process. On that note, I would like to say thank you to actngrezy for answering my questions about Gingerbread specific compiling. Secondly, but no less important, I would like to say thank you to the CyanogenMod community, specifically the maintainers for the Droid, cvpcs, mtwebster, and koush. Without the efforts of this community wee (Droid users) would not have a stable, fully functional Gingerbread build.

So how is this build different from other Gingerbread ROMs?

For starters, this build was made using the master branch of the AOSP only two days ago, meaning it not only brings you to version 2.3.2 but it also has the latest bug fixes included. Once you flash this ROM you will immediately see how much time I spent making this build exactly how Motorola would have provided it to you (if they still supported our "old" device). This ROM has the stock signature Droid boot animation, ringtones, wallpaper set, 2D Launcher, and Neural Network live wallpaper. Additionally, I have implemented many of my own bug fixes and others provided by the development community. I also went ahead and enabled the Sound Recorder and Camcorder shortcuts because I find them useful.

Since Motorola will never "officially" provide the Droid with a Gingerbread build, wee will never have accurate build numbers (e.g. FRG83) to go by. Because of this I have decided to create my own build numbers and always maintain an updated stock build for the Droid here on my website in the Downloads section. Upon installing this ROM, you will notice a build number of GPA10. The first letter stands for Gingerbread, second letter Peter, third letter Alfonso, and a number that will increase as I release future updated builds.

This ROM is to be treated as if it were an update straight from Motorola. For those learning to develop or those who base their ROMs off of stock builds you may use this ROM, modify it, and distribute it as your own. I do ask that you provide a link to my website wherever you distribute it. Also, please do not reupload this ROM elsewhere if you have not modified it in any way. I would like to keep track of the download count.

If you have not read about the amazing features that Gingerbread brings, I encourage you to visit Android.com to learn more. Also, don't forget that the new market.android.com is now live and works well with this ROM. While you're there you may notice that Android 2.3.3 is on its way, when it comes I will bring it to you. Be sure to give Google a "thank you" by setting you and you're friends home page to Google.com!

I did not include ANY market apps in this ROM other than Car Home (because I included an updated version not available in the Market yet) and Quick Search Box (if you do not include this app, the search key will not work properly). Having said that, after the installation I recommend downloading YouTube, Gmail, Street View, Voice Search, Maps, and Flash Player. For those of you wanting a boost of performance without the need of a CPU scaling application, download and install AutoOverClock.zip which will bring this ROM to 800mhz. If you decide to flash an alternate kernel, it will automatically overclock itself to the highest available slot.

Ok, I am done rambling...follow me on Twitter and enjoy!

GPA10 (66MB):
Download Link

1 Ghz kernel:  http://bit.ly/fUb6wB

-Installation Instructions

Boot into recovery and perform a data wipe and cache wipe. Install the .ZIP and then flash the kernel (optional).

Not sure if this works on any other devices but I haven't had any problems with my Droid so far. Installed nice and clean and with the 1 GHz kernel, my phone is amazing.

Source

[Image: ROVBdMh.png]
3DS Friend Code: 5000-6045-4964
(This post was last modified: 13/02/2011 07:01 PM by Joom.)
13/02/2011 01:01 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
300nukez
Exiled

Threads: 143
E-Pigs: 70.3117
RE: Android 2.3.x (Gingerbread) Ported to Droid
Did you root your phone to do this?
is there a super dudper safe way to root?

I want to root but the danger of risking a 600$ device is scary compared to a 200$ psp.

-
13/02/2011 01:38 AM
Joom
WOOP
Worlds End

Not sure if your phone has to be rooted or not. If you want to root it easily, use SuperOneClick.

http://irc2.undergroundz.org/joom/index....ip&share=2

Make sure to enable USB Debugging.

13/02/2011 02:01 AM
Syfe
Blackened Rose Hero.

Threads: 77
E-Pigs: 54.0003
i don't know if i should risk my HTC with this.

Rip Signature.
[Image: sig.gif]
13/02/2011 02:30 AM
zefie
Paradigmatic Apprentice

Threads: 0
E-Pigs: 2.4550
Android ROMs are not cross device compatible. A Moto Droid rom will not work on a HTC android.

13/02/2011 03:00 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Barcelona
Too Young To Care

Threads: 88
E-Pigs: 60.4042
you guys need to realize that when you root your phone, you can make a complete flash backup in the recovery menu, so if, in the rare case, this rom actually bricks your phone, just restore the backup you made, the rooting doesn't even do anything but add a recovery menu and a superuser application, so im not sure if rooting can even come close to bricking your phone

[Image: A73TX.png]
Quotes That Made Me Lol
Joomla12 Wrote:Who are you?
(02/08/2011 08:26 AM)eKusoshisut0 Wrote:  ┻┻ ︵ヽ(`Д´)ノ︵ ┻┻
Previous Signatures
First Signature Wrote:Rep me up or I'll GENTLY CARESS you in the booty!
Second Signature Wrote:Studies have shown that for everyone person that doesn't rep me up, an angel gets a hernea.
Third Signature Wrote:Dead Trademark91 killed me.
Fourth Signature Wrote:Windows Proud
Fifth Signature Wrote:I'm waiting for someone to chime in with an arrow. Any tamed wolves you can be traced back to my forum signature.
Sixth Signature Wrote:[Image: 7hjyW.png]
13/02/2011 01:59 PM
joshman99
Able One

Threads: 6
E-Pigs: 5.2077
root cannot brick a phone (with the exception of  the Droid X, since it has to have its bootstrap modified). Root simply means access to system partition aka. THE ROOT (which in turn means custom recoveries and roms etc.)

It simply changes the permissions of files and folders i believe (from whatever to 777 i think)

A Retard Wrote:Hi. Does anyone have an iphone app that will make me a millionaire? Can you pm me it please? Thanks

i can haz favourz please

[Image: 1nf1n1ty484.jpg]
Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
13/02/2011 02:13 PM
ProperBritish
Daddy Proper
Team DreamArts

Threads: 192
E-Pigs: 147.7035
(13/02/2011 02:30 AM)Syfe Wrote:  i don't know if i should risk my HTC with this.

this is for Motorola Droid devices only

[Image: rsz_contrast.png]

Spoiler for More sigs:
[Image: 6xu74t8]
[Image: sig.php]

[Image: 656embk]
[Image: sig.png]
13/02/2011 02:18 PM
Joom
WOOP
Worlds End

Ok so I've ran into two bugs. The first is that if you try to tether your phone through the Network Settings in System Settings, it'll force close. This is easy to bypass with one of the apps from the Market. Another is, if you reboot the phone with the USB connected, you can't mount the SD to a computer without unplugging the USB and hooking it back it. Again, not a biggie and hopefully It'll be fixed soon.

If you have problems tethering, install this. USB Tether

Edit: Use Rom Manager to fix your permissions then the native tether should work.

(This post was last modified: 14/02/2011 12:14 PM by Joom.)
13/02/2011 06:59 PM
joshman99
Able One

Threads: 6
E-Pigs: 5.2077
RE: Android 2.3.2 (Gingerbread) Ported to Motorola Phones
(13/02/2011 06:59 PM)Joom Wrote:  Ok so I've ran into two bugs. The first is that if you try to tether your phone through the Network Settings in System Settings, it'll force close. This is easy to bypass with one of the apps from the Market. Another is, if you reboot the phone with the USB connected, you can't mount the SD to a computer without unplugging the USB and hooking it back it. Again, not a biggie and hopefully It'll be fixed soon.

If you have problems tethering, install this. USB Tether

Edit: Use Rom Manager to fix your permissions then the native tether should work.

Both problems are generic to nearly all AOSP android builds for almost all devices. The HTC Hero had both problems. The HD2 has them on some builds (there are many custom android roms for it). Luckily neither of them are big issues.

You will probably experience bluetooth issues in standby, where it remains at 60mh, as this is another almost universal problem.

A Retard Wrote:Hi. Does anyone have an iphone app that will make me a millionaire? Can you pm me it please? Thanks

i can haz favourz please

[Image: 1nf1n1ty484.jpg]
Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
14/02/2011 12:47 PM