Sonic the Hedgehog: Metal City Mayhem
Sparker
Super Lame Productions

Threads: 549
E-Pigs: 187.8892
Sonic the Hedgehog: Metal City Mayhem
[Image: sonicgamebookmetalcitym.jpg]
This is a book I had from a long time. It's one of those choose your own adventure books.
Following on from ZB's forum games (See, Love Hina for the GBA and Dragonlord) where I read the adventure and people vote for what happens next in the story.
There are some dice rolls and uh, stat thingamajigs but wee'll ignore them unless it's absolutely necessary. Also I think it's based off one of those alternate Sonic universes that is totally irrelevant to the actual games.

Sonic's Stuff Wrote:Red trainers
Sega Game Gear
Botman cartridge

James Wallis Wrote:It's a quite afternoon in the Green Hill Zone. The only sounds are the breezes rustling the leaves of the trees, the splashing of the waterfalls, some strange clanking noises in the distance, and a series of small electronic bleeps, crashes and explosions as Sonic the Hedgehog sits on a rock, playing Botman on his Sega Game Gear. He borrowed the Botman cartridge from his piggy friend Porker Harris this morning, and has been playing it all day without a break. He's almost finished it as well, except that he just can't work out how to beat the huge Technobot at the end of Level Six. Whatever he tries, the Technobot stomps on him every time. Eventually Sonic's stomach rumbles and he realizes that he hasn't eaten since breakfast. He switches the Game Gear off, grabs a burger with large fries from his metal sandwich box and tucks in.

Five minutes later he's finished but hasn't come up with any good ideas about the Technobot except for one: asking Porker Harris what to do. Porker's the only one in the Green Hill Zone who has finished the game. It took him six weeks - pig's trotters aren't too good for controlling a Game Gear - but he did it in the end, and that means he must have beaten the Technobot. Sonic is almost too proud to go and ask his friend's advice, but Porker is a good friend and besides, it's only a video game, not the end of the world.

Sonic stands up, puts his Game Gear in his sandwich box and sprints off through the Green Hill Zone to look for Porker. The zone is still littered with a lot of the junk that Dr Ivo Robotnik left here after the last time he tried to take over the world, but the spikes, springs, smashed robots and traps are all rustling and falling apart, with grass and bushes growing over them. The place is a mess, but's it's Sonic's home and he's fond of it.

There's no sign of Porker anywhere. As Sonic stops and looks around him he realizes that he can't see any of his other friends either. The whole zone seems deserted and silent, with no birdsong or sounds of animals at play. Even the waterfalls seem quieter and, strangest of all, the background music has stopped completely. It's very eerie, and Sonic begins to get an uncomfortable prickly feeling down his back that has nothing to do with spikes. He comes round the edges of one of the cliffs - and stops. In front of him is a scene of destruction. Trees have been uprooted, bridges smashed, and huge scars carved into the earth. And still there is no sign of anyone, or any movement. What's going on?

Sonic turns around and looks out of the pages of the book, straight at you. 'Hey, pal' he says, 'it's good to see you. You're supposed to be the one with the bright ideas round here. What do you think I should do?'

If you think Sonic should search the torn-up area for a clue about where his friends might be, turn to section 66. If you think he should find some of Dr Robotnik's old devices and try to use those to help him, turn to section 119. But if you think he should stop rushing around and spend a while thinking about the problem, turn to 173.

The picture on page one is Sonic sitting on a rock playing on his Game Gear. I can't be bothered scanning it just to show you people. And hopefully, that's the last wall of text I'll have to write from to book to the computer. Also I find a lot of it damn corny.

(This post was last modified: 17/01/2011 09:52 PM by Sparker.)
15/01/2011 05:41 AM
Find all posts by this user
Wolkenritter
Hey poor player!

Threads: 157
E-Pigs: 67.2304
RE: Sonic Metal City Mayhem
Quote:If you think he should find some of Dr Robotnik's old devices and try to use those to help him, turn to section 119

[Image: eo1_zpsjxsxwr5u.png][Image: eo2_zpsnzftucuo.png][Image: eo3_zpsh5eawp85.png]
[Image: eo4_zpskcap6b8a.png][Image: eo1u_zpsw5rdzuqs.png]
15/01/2011 09:43 PM
Sparker
Super Lame Productions

James Wallis Wrote:Sonic hunts around. A lot of the equipment has been destroyed or rusted away since Robotnik last tried to take over the world of Mobius, but there are still one or two items that work - if Sonic can find them. After a few minutes he has found a spring hidden in the fronds of a palm tree, and one of Robotnik's computer screens, built and installed around the Zones in the days when he was still the meek and kindly Dr Ovi Kintobor. Sonic knows that many of these computers contain hidden items which may help him in his adventure. If you think Sonic should jump on the spring, catapulting him high into the air, turn to section 59. If you think he should look at the computer screen, turn to 141.

(This post was last modified: 16/01/2011 01:32 AM by Sparker.)
16/01/2011 12:55 AM
eKusoshisut0
NOIDED

Threads: 102
E-Pigs: 174.7326
Not really a fan of Sonic

[Image: tumblr_mlae69vAW21rmerh9o1_400.gif]

More stuff
Steam Page
[Image: K7UVN.png]
Thanks to Vacui_Natale for making this awesome siggy.
[Image: cq8au.gif]
Thanks to Natalie for this sexy Mawaru Penguindrum sig. <3
[Image: ofusT.png][

[Image: 9252_s.gif]

16/01/2011 01:06 AM
Sparker
Super Lame Productions

That's besides the point.

16/01/2011 01:32 AM
bazz
Paradigmatic Entity

Threads: 38
E-Pigs: 13.5290
turn to 141

16/01/2011 03:45 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Sparker
Super Lame Productions

James Wallis Wrote:Sonic wipes the mud from the computer's screen. It seems to be working and is actually turned on - it's humming, and there are words on the screen. Sonic bends to read them: 'ENTER YOUR PASSWORD.'

If Sonic is going to try a password, turn to 21. If he wants to smash the computer and get whatever is inside, turn to 255.

16/01/2011 03:55 PM
Wolkenritter
Hey poor player!

Threads: 157
E-Pigs: 67.2304
Quote:If he wants to smash the computer and get whatever is inside, turn to 255.

Why is this under Contests/Projects? I don't understand.

[Image: eo1_zpsjxsxwr5u.png][Image: eo2_zpsnzftucuo.png][Image: eo3_zpsh5eawp85.png]
[Image: eo4_zpskcap6b8a.png][Image: eo1u_zpsw5rdzuqs.png]
(This post was last modified: 17/01/2011 01:54 AM by Wolkenritter.)
17/01/2011 01:53 AM
Sparker
Super Lame Productions

James Wallis Wrote:Sonic backs off a few paces, runs up, jumps and spins in the air, bouncing precisely off the top of the computer. It goes 'phut' and blows up in a shower of sparks. Inside are ten glittering gold rings. Sonic takes them (write them down on his Vital Statis-tics) and wonders what to do now. If you think he should search the wrecked part of the zone, turn to section 66. If he hasn't used the spring yet and you think he should, turn to section 59. If he ought to sit down and think about things, turn to section 173.

James Wallis Wrote:(write them down on his Vital Statis-tics)

Ignore that. Also there's a dash in the word statistics because in the book, the whole word couldn't fit on the page.

(17/01/2011 01:53 AM)Wolkenritter Wrote:  Why is this under Contests/Projects? I don't understand.

Quote:Forum for community cooperative (or competitive) activities - ie group projects, game contests etc.

(This post was last modified: 17/01/2011 02:37 AM by Sparker.)
17/01/2011 02:28 AM
Barcelona
Too Young To Care

Threads: 88
E-Pigs: 60.4042
SMASH COMPUTER! Roar

[Image: A73TX.png]
Quotes That Made Me Lol
Joomla12 Wrote:Who are you?
(02/08/2011 08:26 AM)eKusoshisut0 Wrote:  ┻┻ ︵ヽ(`Д´)ノ︵ ┻┻
Previous Signatures
First Signature Wrote:Rep me up or I'll GENTLY CARESS you in the booty!
Second Signature Wrote:Studies have shown that for everyone person that doesn't rep me up, an angel gets a hernea.
Third Signature Wrote:Dead Trademark91 killed me.
Fourth Signature Wrote:Windows Proud
Fifth Signature Wrote:I'm waiting for someone to chime in with an arrow. Any tamed wolves you can be traced back to my forum signature.
Sixth Signature Wrote:[Image: 7hjyW.png]
17/01/2011 02:32 AM