It's also my first year at uni ;D
ProperBritish
Daddy Proper
Team DreamArts

Threads: 192
E-Pigs: 147.7035
It's also my first year at uni ;D
In September, i am also going off to university for my first year. I'm going to Hull University in Yorkshire, England. I shall be studying Computer Science with Games Development, which seems right up my street :D

They have a complete 3D studio using laser tracking, Gamecube Devleopment tools and test consoles, computer development and also PSP Development tools and PSP Developer consoles connected to those big PSP test stations.

I think wee also have the possibility to write UMDs using the test stations of the things wee develop for the PSP.

I can't wait to really get stuck into programming and everything about it... I skim here and there, I've done work with a few languages of different types, but nothing majorly in-depth. I always wanted to, but didnt have time due to schoolwork.

Now my schoolwork is coding and programming, i won't be able to stop myself :D

I'm going to bring my desktop, bass guitar, laptop, TV, PS3, Rock Band stuffs and hopefully my Hi-Fi too ^_^ Looking for a minifridge too

I've already (hopefully) got a job lined up as a transfer between Sainsbury's stores, I work at a supermarket atm but hopefully im going to move to a "Sainsbury's Local" which is like a convenience store version of the chain i work for.

I want to know though, what hours to lectures usually take place? I've heard all sorts of tales.

Is it all work, or is it a lot of play too? I again have heard tonnes of conflicting stories.

They have an anime society, so i hope i can make a few friends there. Also, 4 or 5 of my friends are actually going to the same university as me, so i may have a leg-up at first :)

----

Aaaaaaand on another note, i reversed my car into a lamppost and cracked the taillight >_>

Everyone leave your thoughts! :D

[Image: rsz_contrast.png]

Spoiler for More sigs:
[Image: 6xu74t8]
[Image: sig.php]

[Image: 656embk]
[Image: sig.png]
25/08/2010 03:13 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Grey Ghost
Still kicking!
Fractal Insanity

Threads: 112
E-Pigs: 161.5986
RE: It's also my first year at uni ;D
that's brilliant dude, sounds like you have a bright future.

I only hope mine will be the same.
25/08/2010 03:17 PM
ZiNgA BuRgA
Smart Alternative

Threads: 1,174
E-Pigs: 446.0333
Yeah.  From what most international (Asian) students say here, they sound like they're study-a-holics, though I guess they have it tough trying to understand English and all that.  On the other hand, there are those who slack off all the time, skip lectures and whatnot and seem to pass courses.
Personally, I'm more of a slacker, but I am probably better suited at learning than most people, and business is a pretty easy degree.
Game programming really isn't the easiest subject, and if you don't have that much programming experience, you should expect a fair amount of workload, assuming you're aiming above just a passing grade.  But I don't exactly know what depth your degree goes to anyway.  Game programming can easily span relatively high grade highschool maths stuff (vectors, matrices, complex numbers), physics and algorithms (eg path finding algorithms, graph traversal etc) to 3D design and so on.  You mentioned various consoles, so you'll probably get something with embedded systems too.
(This post was last modified: 25/08/2010 03:57 PM by ZiNgA BuRgA.)
25/08/2010 03:56 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
lembas
yuri princess

Threads: 184
E-Pigs: 154.3525
wooo go PB!

good luck mate, and have fun, lol. :D

I'm gay.
Spoiler for online game stuff:
[Image: 76561198003967361.png]
[Image: thelemmingbas.png]
3DS FC: 4184-1632-9353
Spoiler:
[Image: wQZsI.jpg]
Spoiler:
In the words of the wise trademark91:
windows Proud
25/08/2010 04:37 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
shikyo
Able One

Threads: 2
E-Pigs: 2.7042
aww poor car D:

[Image: 317cvht.jpg]
(>□<)d=(´▽`)=b┐( ̄ー ̄)┌ლ(º_ºლ)٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶(゚◡゚ )(○゚ε^○)(屮゚ Д゚)屮∩(・ω・)∩( ^-゚)(。◕ ‿ ◕。)(" )(╬ ಠ益ಠ)(・ε・)ノ
25/08/2010 06:39 PM
1-R
forced consensual sex
Team DreamArts

Threads: 396
E-Pigs: 115.1024
good luck propa~!

[Image: OLmvS.png]
Twit | DA | G+ | Last.fm
26/08/2010 11:22 AM