Megaman Zero Collection
Silvertie
Older, less cringe, still mad.
Fractal Insanity

Threads: 32
E-Pigs: 32.7022
RE: Megaman Zero Collection
I'm playing the zero collection right now, and I am very disappointed.
It's like "Hey, let's take Megaman, add all this superfluous poo poo, add a chocolatety story, no direction on how to do things, and sell it!"

Seriously, spent 30 minutes trying to talk to that scientist before I worked out that you had to stand on the other side of the room before trying to talk to her. Bad, bad design. I would shoot the people who designed Megaman Zero.

If you haven't played it before, I personally would not bother. Go play the classics, at least they don't pretend to be something they aren't.

"Books! I've read several on the subject!"
[Image: khadorsigfinal.jpg]
Silvertie: The Blog | A Door In Nowhere: The Webcomic
(This post was last modified: 10/06/2010 02:13 AM by Silvertie.)
10/06/2010 02:10 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
WoobiE
Paradigmatic Entity

Threads: 21
E-Pigs: 17.6274
I was playing it on my PSP and got to the last boss on MMZ1. Don't know what happened, I just stopped. Still got my save game though. Might jump back into it and not the DS version.
10/06/2010 02:35 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Wolkenritter
Hey poor player!

Threads: 157
E-Pigs: 67.2304
(10/06/2010 01:56 AM)Kana Wrote:  kung FFFFFUUUUU they haven't fixed the glitch in MMZ1, where if you attempt the last mission in the list, and fail it, (which you most likely will if you go unprepared) then it will trigger the invasion chapter and then the last mission instantly, so you miss out on everything ._. FFFFF---

Actually I'm pretty sure failing missions, thus bringing you straight to the last mission is intentional.

But yeah, MMZ1 isn't the best MMZ game out there.

[Image: eo1_zpsjxsxwr5u.png][Image: eo2_zpsnzftucuo.png][Image: eo3_zpsh5eawp85.png]
[Image: eo4_zpskcap6b8a.png][Image: eo1u_zpsw5rdzuqs.png]
10/06/2010 02:57 AM
Kana
♥pudding,pudding♥

Threads: 356
E-Pigs: 98.8066
(10/06/2010 02:57 AM)Wolkenritter Wrote:  
(10/06/2010 01:56 AM)Kana Wrote:  kung FFFFFUUUUU they haven't fixed the glitch in MMZ1, where if you attempt the last mission in the list, and fail it, (which you most likely will if you go unprepared) then it will trigger the invasion chapter and then the last mission instantly, so you miss out on everything ._. FFFFF---

Actually I'm pretty sure failing missions, thus bringing you straight to the last mission is intentional.

But yeah, MMZ1 isn't the best MMZ game out there.

yeah, but it's soo cheap, since if you fail that last mission, you have to beat the Neo Arcadia all by yourself with ONE life.

(10/06/2010 02:10 AM)Silvertie Wrote:  I'm playing the zero collection right now, and I am very disappointed.
It's like "Hey, let's take Megaman, add all this superfluous poo poo, add a chocolatety story, no direction on how to do things, and sell it!"

Seriously, spent 30 minutes trying to talk to that scientist before I worked out that you had to stand on the other side of the room before trying to talk to her. Bad, bad design. I would shoot the people who designed Megaman Zero.

If you haven't played it before, I personally would not bother. Go play the classics, at least they don't pretend to be something they aren't.

shitty story?
*tactical facepalm* this is one of the best story in the whole megaman franchise.

and direction how to do things? if you need a tutorial on how to beat megaman then well, you can go play Super Mario Galaxy and watch that tutorial DVD along with it >_>

and about talking to CIEL: actually no, you are talking to the operator above you >_> and it's your fault not trying it in the first place.

and what is this classics are you are talking about again? Megaman Zero is one of the best megaman games out there. Battle Network was OK, Star Force is failure. for the X series, everything fail when they tried to make it 3D.

it's just my fanboyism can't stand people talking spoon about things they don't know >_> sorry if i sounded offensive, but i probably meant it.

[Image: snow-1.png][Image: snow-2.png][Image: Untitled-14.png]
(This post was last modified: 10/06/2010 03:16 AM by Kana.)
10/06/2010 03:15 AM
Kana
♥pudding,pudding♥

by the way goshi, you know about the boomerang shield farm trick at the purple tower in Disposal Factory? in MMZ1
can you get it to work here again? i don't think i can.

nevermind :D got it to work! yay

(This post was last modified: 10/06/2010 03:32 AM by Kana.)
10/06/2010 03:30 AM
Silvertie
Older, less cringe, still mad.
Fractal Insanity

Threads: 32
E-Pigs: 32.7022
(10/06/2010 03:15 AM)Kana Wrote:  and direction how to do things? if you need a tutorial on how to beat megaman then well, you can go play Super Mario Galaxy and watch that tutorial DVD along with it >_>

and about talking to CIEL: actually no, you are talking to the operator above you >_> and it's your fault not trying it in the first place.

and what is this classics are you are talking about again? Megaman Zero is one of the best megaman games out there. Battle Network was OK, Star Force is failure. for the X series, everything fail when they tried to make it 3D.

it's just my fanboyism can't stand people talking spoon about things they don't know >_> sorry if i sounded offensive, but i probably meant it.

First off: I don't want a tutorial. Just a hint, like "press R to use the sword". It would save me a good five minutes of struggling, and in a game all about action, struggling with non-obvious controls is not cool.
Second: Ciel, is on the right-hand side of the screen. All other NPCs require you to stand next to them and press up to talk. Why not do that for Ciel, who, for some reason, will only talk to you when you're on the LEFT side of the screen? Inconsistiency is very bad, more so when it's got something to do with plot-critical characters or actions.
Lastly: Classics, i.e. Megaman 2. Between that and this, I'd take that any day. No talking, no dialog. Just the level select, some meat shield, and the boss.

Perhaps you should take the fanboy goggles off, and look at it from a different perspective. Think like a new user, and see how much it baffles you to come to a game like Megaman Zero, hands empty.

On the other hand, it could just be incredibly subtle trolling and sarcasm on your part. Sounds like it.

"Books! I've read several on the subject!"
[Image: khadorsigfinal.jpg]
Silvertie: The Blog | A Door In Nowhere: The Webcomic
10/06/2010 03:58 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Kana
♥pudding,pudding♥

great, Press R to use sword. very not obvious.
beside, if you look at the control setting, it tell you which buttons does what. so yeah...
apart from PC, every gamer should know that at the start you should try to find out what every button does. either try it, or look at control setting, tutorials, no hassle, so no excuse even if you are new to megaman, except if you are office lady who only played minesweeper and LINES

and what did i say? the one you are talking to is the operator above you, not Ciel directly. hence you don't stand straight next to her. beside, even if i admit they put her at the wrong place, or they shoulda allowed to to talk when you are right next to her. how does this make the game any worse again? great, "i can't talk to this NPC on first try because i don't know how to, this game sucks!"

and saying M2 is better than MZs because it doesn't have dialog, less complicated story is just dumb, very very dumb. the story in MZ is great, greater than any Megaman game I've played. the dialog is not that annoying and not worth reading. you know what game the dialogs is completely useless and annoying? Pokemon.

10/06/2010 04:15 AM
Wolkenritter
Hey poor player!

Threads: 157
E-Pigs: 67.2304
Quote:I'm playing the zero collection right now, and I am very disappointed.

Hey man. Hating a game because it has a plotline is silly. Come back and rave how much you hate a game after you beat it.

God.

[Image: eo1_zpsjxsxwr5u.png][Image: eo2_zpsnzftucuo.png][Image: eo3_zpsh5eawp85.png]
[Image: eo4_zpskcap6b8a.png][Image: eo1u_zpsw5rdzuqs.png]
(This post was last modified: 10/06/2010 03:47 PM by Wolkenritter.)
10/06/2010 03:22 PM
Sparker
Super Lame Productions

Threads: 549
E-Pigs: 187.8892
Heartless keeps sinning against the sinner!

10/06/2010 06:14 PM
Tetris999

Threads: 298
E-Pigs: 82.5657
(10/06/2010 03:58 AM)Silvertie Wrote:  
(10/06/2010 03:15 AM)Kana Wrote:  and direction how to do things? if you need a tutorial on how to beat megaman then well, you can go play Super Mario Galaxy and watch that tutorial DVD along with it >_>

First off: I don't want a tutorial. Just a hint, like "press R to use the sword". It would save me a good five minutes of struggling, and in a game all about action, struggling with non-obvious controls is not cool.
Second: Ciel, is on the right-hand side of the screen. All other NPCs require you to stand next to them and press up to talk. Why not do that for Ciel, who, for some reason, will only talk to you when you're on the LEFT side of the screen? Inconsistiency is very bad, more so when it's got something to do with plot-critical characters or actions.
Lastly: Classics, i.e. Megaman 2. Between that and this, I'd take that any day. No talking, no dialog. Just the level select, some meat shield, and the boss.

Perhaps you should take the fanboy goggles off, and look at it from a different perspective. Think like a new user, and see how much it baffles you to come to a game like Megaman Zero, hands empty.

On the other hand, it could just be incredibly subtle trolling and sarcasm on your part. Sounds like it.

well, For your information, I was able to figure this game out and beat it when I was a wee 10 year old in grade 4; and I have say even for now, mmz is probably the best of all megamans I've played...gameplay and storywise

MY SIG IS FUCKING DEAD
10/06/2010 07:28 PM