[Tutorial] Animate Rco´s
RCOMage
WoobiE
Paradigmatic Entity

Threads: 21
E-Pigs: 17.6274
RE: [Tutorial] Animate Rco´s
It does not necessarily mean that you can only use 4 images. It all depends on the size (I mean megabytes). It is just a matter of experimenting with what works. You might be able to have for example 8 small images but are stretched but and not 8 large images at normal size. It kinda boils down to a lot of trial and error. It can also depend on other images that appear at the same time. Like you might have a working animated background, but when you lets say put a large high quality battery or icons, things can start to go white again. The PSP only has a certain amount of memory it can handle, large file sizes take up more and the PSP can't load it other then leaving blanks or white.
(This post was last modified: 20/01/2010 09:05 PM by WoobiE.)
20/01/2010 09:01 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Mr. Shizzy
ɯɹ˙ sɥızzʎ

Threads: 415
E-Pigs: 160.1496
WoobiE Wrote:It does not necessarily mean that you can only use 4 images. It all depends on the size (I mean megabytes). It is just a matter of experimenting with what works. You might be able to have for example 8 small images but are stretched but and not 8 large images at normal size. It kinda boils down to a lot of trial and error. It can also depend on other images that appear at the same time. Like you might have a working animated background, but when you lets say put a large high quality battery or icons, things can start to go white again. The PSP only has a certain amount of memory it can handle, large file sizes take up more and the PSP can't load it other then leaving blanks or white.

^^^  What Woobie said.

Also, you can also try reducing the amount of colors used in your source images (use photoshop)   This will help reduce the amount of memory being used up.    ;)

PSP 2001 [TA-088v2]: 6.39 ME-9.7
[Image: 4kly6c1.gif]
Sig by Mr_Nick666
20/01/2010 09:09 PM
sniperwolf137
Paradigmatic Apprentice

Threads: 4
E-Pigs: 11.2475
@Mr. Shizzy thank you for the link

[Image: sephiroth.gif?t=1292893388]
20/01/2010 09:35 PM
sniperwolf137
Paradigmatic Apprentice

Threads: 4
E-Pigs: 11.2475

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

[Image: sephiroth.gif?t=1292893388]
21/01/2010 05:05 PM
zeusfriends
Neophitic Presence

Threads: 0
E-Pigs: 0.6890
well! ... according to some analysis and some work and search i reached the following about RCO as I'm so interested to unlock the secret of UMD videos and i see interesting things

1- the name structure of the XML
here's an example:

<?xml ver='1.0' encoding='UTF-8'?>
<resource id='SelectMenus' ver='0.10' />
    <script id='main' src='main.jsx' type='Javascript/jsx'/>
    <texturetable>
        <tex id='texPlay' src='texture/texPlay.png' type='texture/png' />
        <tex id='texAudio' src='texture/texAudio.png' type='texture/png' />
        <tex id='texSubs' src='texture/texSubs.png' type='texture/png' />
    </texturetable>
    <soundtable>
        <snd id='sndAct' src='sound/sndAct.vag' type='sound/vag' />
    </soundtable>
    <animtable>
        <anim id='anim1'>
            <time wait = '100' />
            <fade target='texture:/texPlay' />
            <time wait = '500' />
       </anim>
      <pagetable>
         <page id='page1'>
             <button id='btn1'
                 x='100' y='200' scale_x='1' scale_y='1' scale_z='0'
                 src='texture:/texPlay'
                 r='1' g='1' b='1' a='0'
                 onCanel='main:/Canel'
                 ....... etc />
     </pagetable>
</resource>

so wee introduce the concept of widget inside the could be 'widgettable'
i have no information about Plane and concept yet but working on that ...

i was able to decrypt and even make a C software that make a reverse nmonics of the main.vsmx and manually i was able to figure out somehow what is RCO File and so function

for example:
resource.animtable.anim1.root.children.animColor(1,1,1,1,timer) or
resource.animtable['anim1'].root.children.animColor(1,1,1,1,timer) ... both are the same
and relating colors with the parameters you find that it's r,g,b,a and a timer (in milisecond)
that would make a visual effect as the color is changed to the new paramters (older paramters already saved in player status) in a timer milisecond...

for animtable objects
=================
animColor(r,g,b,a,timer);
animPos(x, y, z, timer);
animScale(scale_x, scale_y, scale_z, timer);
play(page);

for pagetable objects
=================
array = getPos();
array = getScale();
(r,g,b,a) = getColor();
(width, height) = getSize();
setFocus();
setPos(x,y,z,timer);
setScale(scale_x,scale_y, scale_z);
animColor(r,g,b,a,timer);
open();
activate();
open().activate();
close();

that was a direct data from decoding some javascript (VSMX files) which i would wish to help to
1- understand how the authoring of a software that can author the RCO from scratch not only modify it! ... and the hard part is done by me as i can make a tool to encrypt the js files into jsx (already exists from PS3 in the file raf_script.exe) ...

2- make an pc emulation for the PSP interactive system and i have the exact format of the PlayLists [don't ask how i got it;)] ... so with the resource + playlist an emulation could be done (since it's Java based and xml it could be done even as a web base emulator]

so any suggestions or ideas...
25/03/2011 07:41 AM
ZiNgA BuRgA
Smart Alternative

Threads: 1,174
E-Pigs: 446.0333
Rcomage can compile an RCO if you give it some XML.  So you just need to hand craft your XML file.
As I might've mentioned in the other thread, JSX is possibly slightly different than VSMX (at least the version identifier is) - probably JSX supports vectors and VSMX doesn't?

I did do a very old thread about the UMD playlist file: http://endlessparadigm.com/forum/showthr...?tid=13916
Has a lot of unknowns etc.  I do have an updated version of the program which I don't think I've posted anywhere (still, it's kinda a poo poo program, I just used it to experiment with Visual C++).
28/03/2011 12:03 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
eznoir
*プロジェックトディヴァです!*

Threads: 8
E-Pigs: 41.0511
how to manage the page order between animations?
i mean if 2 or more animations are on the same pixel position, how to make the anim1 in front of anim2 and so on.

29/03/2011 07:57 AM
Mr. Shizzy
ɯɹ˙ sɥızzʎ

(29/03/2011 07:57 AM)eznoir Wrote:  how to manage the page order between animations?
i mean if 2 or more animations are on the same pixel position, how to make the anim1 in front of anim2 and so on.

You need to put them in the order you want them within the XML.

So say you have:  Image1, Image2, and Image3 that you want to overlap.
Let's assume you want Image1 to be underneath Image2 and Image2 underneath Image3.

You will want to load Image1 first into the ImageTree, ObjectTree, and if the image has an associated animation, then also put it's animation before the others in AnimTree as well.

Then load the other images into the XML as described above, in the order you want them to overlap each other.

Hopefully my explanation is not too confusing.  
I have used the technique in several themes I have made, and it always works for me.

~shizzy

Sig by Mr_Nick666
(This post was last modified: 29/03/2011 09:53 AM by Mr. Shizzy.)
29/03/2011 09:33 AM
eznoir
*プロジェックトディヴァです!*

Threads: 8
E-Pigs: 41.0511
(29/03/2011 09:33 AM)Mr. Shizzy Wrote:  Hopefully my explanation is not too confusing.  
I have used the technique in several themes I have made, and it always works for me.

~shizzy

wow,,, thanks man. it was a great help If

by the way i tried using aya's animation (from 3rd birthday) to the wallpaper page and it worked. but then it's gone from the default page.
do you the solution for it to so it can be used in both page?

(This post was last modified: 29/03/2011 02:14 PM by eznoir.)
29/03/2011 02:13 PM
Mr. Shizzy
ɯɹ˙ sɥızzʎ

(29/03/2011 02:13 PM)eznoir Wrote:  by the way i tried using aya's animation (from 3rd birthday) to the wallpaper page and it worked. but then it's gone from the default page.
do you the solution for it to so it can be used in both page?

Yeah, you can have it on both.  Here is the deal:

You need to script out 2 separate animations.  One for XMB with no wallpaper set, and one for XMB with wallpaper set.

You do not have to load up 2 sets of images in your ImageTree.  They can share the image source, but will each require their own set ups in ObjectTree, and AnimTree.

So for ObjectTree, do this:
* To add it first to the xmb with no wallpaper set (in classic wave setting), add your script to the page_default_theme_3D page.

* Then add your script in the page_wallpaper_theme page to set it up to appear over wallpaper as well.  

Then of course for your animations, you will need to script out 2 sets.
Make sure in the 2 different animations have different names. You don't want to link both of your ObjectTree to the same animation, or it will screw everything up.

Again, I am typing this in somewhat of a hurry.  So hopefully nothing I typed was confusing or misleading.   Also, I am no expert with this stuff, so some of my logic may be a bit flawed, but everything I have told you, I can confirm works for me.  

I have attached a XML file as an example for you.
In this example, I have taken patpat's PS3 Wave and added it to show up over both the regular xmb, and wallpaper as well.  

I know their is a lot to this file, as it has 100 dots floating around.  But it is a good example in the respect that it is a working example of what you are trying to accomplish.  

Anyway, if you have anymore questions, feel free to ask.
I'll help with what I can.   :)

Attached File(s)
.rar  Example_4_eznoir.rar (Size: 13.8 KB / Downloads: 315)

Sig by Mr_Nick666
29/03/2011 03:17 PM