RefleX
Wolkenritter
Hey poor player!

Threads: 157
E-Pigs: 67.2304
RefleX
Yes this is going to a blog devoted to gaming because I'm a nerd and this is what nerds do. Snarg snarg snarg.

Anyway I'm gonna talk about Siter Skain's newest game which is RefleX. The game is a shmup where you fly around shooting stuff. The special catch is that you get a shield which is able to reflect certain types of bullets.

Graphics look like something out of a Sega Saturn game lots of bitmap textures. There's also a few polygons thrown in but otherwise most of the game is 2D.

The music is surprisingly good as well considering its MIDI quality. Sound effects aren't exactly that great though (The bullets ping noise when they hit your shield is pretty annoying).

Anyway lets talk about the bosses!

[Image: rx1.png]

The first boss is Pieces. This thing is so easy that always forget it exists.

[Image: rx2.png]

Virgo is easy too though he can kill 1st timers pretty well. Sometimes he flies into the background and summon a bunch of ships out of nowhere.

[Image: rx3.png]

Tauros is a the usual tank boss.... with an extra catch! Some shmuppers may be tempt to fly through the gaps in his bullets instead of shielding them. Don't you'll get hit easily. You get more score if you reflect them anyway.

[Image: rx4.png]

Scorpio has an awesome battle theme and is a fun boss to fight. He's super fast and can throw attacks really quickly. 1st timers will probably continue against this guy.

[Image: rx5.png]

Gemini is tricky to fight. Basically you have to reflect the blue one's lasers into the red one and then finish off the blue one once the red one is dead.

[Image: rx6.png]

Cancer is the final boss of the demo. He's not really hard in the demo but in the full game...

[Image: rx7.png]

The boss in the 1st full version exclusive level is a bunch of ships with a bunch of nifty attacks. A nice visual effect in this battle is that the screen slowly turns blood red.

[Image: rx8.png]

Scutum is awesome. As you can guess from his name he uses shields to protect himself and attack you. He's not really hard though, you just need to use the shield properly.

[Image: rx9.png]

Raiwat Virgo is the final boss.

Be praying.

Anyway you can download and play the demo here:
http://www.siterskain.com/reflex/downloa..._setup.exe

Bear in mind the game lags on older nVidia cards.

[Image: eo1_zpsjxsxwr5u.png][Image: eo2_zpsnzftucuo.png][Image: eo3_zpsh5eawp85.png]
[Image: eo4_zpskcap6b8a.png][Image: eo1u_zpsw5rdzuqs.png]
(This post was last modified: 28/11/2008 06:17 AM by Wolkenritter.)
28/11/2008 06:16 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
feinicks
One day... we Fly...

Threads: 531
E-Pigs: 210817.3958
RE: RefleX
bang bang.. whoosh... zweet zweet-- BOOM

◄◄••• 天使たちの夢か? •••►►

[Image: ewualizer.gif]
My works!
28/11/2008 08:47 AM