OBAMA WINS!!
its true
Synth
DJ Max Player

Threads: 3
E-Pigs: 5.5624
RE: OBAMA WINS!!
I don't think where he's from or what color he is matters. What matters is how he's gonna change the US

[Image: 11qlgt2.jpg]
[Image: 2i1cv1i.jpg]
05/11/2008 07:52 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Chroma
Chromatic Nutjob

Threads: 435
E-Pigs: 40.2135
Synth Wrote:I don't think where he's from or what color he is matters. What matters is how he's gonna change the US

I don't think it matters either, I was just commenting on how everyone hails him as the first African American to be president, when he's really Arab-American. Doesn't change my stance on his policies. I agree with him socially, and disagree economically.

PSN ID: Chroma3000
My Steam Page
ADD ME
superdouche Wrote:
TheGuy Wrote:
superdouche Wrote:You need at least an 8 inch penis, that's what I heard.
Man, if I had 8 inches, I would find a better use for it :P
Like what, pushing elevator buttons?
(This post was last modified: 05/11/2008 08:03 PM by Chroma.)
05/11/2008 08:03 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
cR@Zy!NgLi$h
Speculator

Threads: 37
E-Pigs: 8.9041
metalgear08 Wrote:And to sort of explain this all so you guys can understand where I'm coming from...
Wee lived in CA, my dad worked for his parents' business. He got a job offer in UT, so wee moved here. Last January, my dad bought a large chunk of the stock in his parents company in CA, and planning to buy the rest by next spring. Throughout the last 3 years wee've lived here, my parents have also been trying to start a mother company for various brands they've made over the years. To start this mother company and purchase the stock, they've had to take a second mortgage out on our house.

Wee won't be seeing any returns on any of this until it's all finalized in next spring, and even then, Obama is planning on increasing capital gains tax, which unfortunately is what their business purchase is. Wee also have to pay income tax for both UT and CA because of our "dual state residence." (Wee only have one house, but my dad has 2 jobs, UT and CA.)

I don't live in America. I live in New Zealand.  

My Mortgage interest rate is 9.45%p.a.

I also happen to work for a Bank, as a mortgage broker.

When your parents applied for a mortgage, particularly a 2nd charge mortgage, they would've had to convince the Bank they could afford the repayments.  This was probably quite possible at the time, as back then, wee weren't ALL FACING REDUNDANCY AND GLOBAL ECONOMIC CRISIS.

How you can say that them losing their home is a result of Obama winning the election I simply don't know.  The state wee are all in right now is a direct result of however many godforsaken years of BUSH administration, it has NOTHING to do with Obama - he isn't even PRESIDENT yet.

Tax cuts don't mean shit.  Seriously.  And it's not as if they're going to be effective immediately, or even within months of him moving into the White House (assuming he makes it to the White House, which I doubt - there's too many HATERS out there).  

Having worked with Mortgage-Borrowers for the last 8 years or so, I can tell you that people struggling to fund their debt really shouldn't have taken it on in the first place.  No one made them take the loan out.  No one forced them to sign the 2nd mortgage...

I pay 40% tax.  My wife pays 40% tax.  Wee pay damn near 10%p.a. interest on our Mortgage and owe damn near $500,000 on it.  My son's childcare costs $280 per week, and before you say anything, wee made a hard decision to put him in daycare so my wife could earn $300 per week.  $20 net.  I've been told there's a damn good chance I'll be made redundant in a few weeks, and I'm sorry, but NONE of this was Obama's fault.  NONE of your family's problems right now are Obama's fault, and quite frankly I think you're blaming your own misfortune on the only scape-goat you can find right now.  And it ain't Osama.

There are millions of Americans out there who've already lost their homes, Dude.  Should they blame Obama too?  

From what I see, your country has never been so damn happy in the last decade.  Who are you to rain on the parade?

Dictionary Wrote:worry |ˈwərē|: noun ( pl. -ries)
a state of anxiety and uncertainty over actual or potential problems : her son had been a constant source of worry to her.
  Stop worrying about what may be and deal with today.

[Image: signature2ct1.jpg]
06/11/2008 03:15 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
mutevict1m
Paradigmatic Apprentice

Threads: 11
E-Pigs: 8.9625
cR@Zy!NgLi$h Wrote:
metalgear08 Wrote:And to sort of explain this all so you guys can understand where I'm coming from...
Wee lived in CA, my dad worked for his parents' business. He got a job offer in UT, so wee moved here. Last January, my dad bought a large chunk of the stock in his parents company in CA, and planning to buy the rest by next spring. Throughout the last 3 years wee've lived here, my parents have also been trying to start a mother company for various brands they've made over the years. To start this mother company and purchase the stock, they've had to take a second mortgage out on our house.

Wee won't be seeing any returns on any of this until it's all finalized in next spring, and even then, Obama is planning on increasing capital gains tax, which unfortunately is what their business purchase is. Wee also have to pay income tax for both UT and CA because of our "dual state residence." (Wee only have one house, but my dad has 2 jobs, UT and CA.)

I don't live in America. I live in New Zealand.  

When your parents applied for a mortgage, particularly a 2nd charge mortgage, they would've had to convince the Bank they could afford the repayments.  This was probably quite possible at the time, as back then, wee weren't ALL FACING REDUNDANCY AND GLOBAL ECONOMIC CRISIS.

How you can say that them losing their home is a result of Obama winning the election I simply don't know.  The state wee are all in right now is a direct result of however many godforsaken years of BUSH administration, it has NOTHING to do with Obama - he isn't even PRESIDENT yet.

Tax cuts don't mean shit.  Seriously.  And it's not as if they're going to be effective immediately, or even within months of him moving into the White House (assuming he makes it to the White House, which I doubt - there's too many HATERS out there).  

Having worked with Mortgage-Borrowers for the last 8 years or so, I can tell you that people struggling to fund their debt really shouldn't have taken it on in the first place.  No one made them take the loan out.  No one forced them to sign the 2nd mortgage...

I pay 40% tax.  My wife pays 40% tax.  Wee pay damn near 10%p.a. interest on our Mortgage and owe damn near $500,000 on it.  My son's childcare costs $280 per week, and before you say anything, wee made a hard decision to put him in daycare so my wife could earn $300 per week.  $20 net.  I've been told there's a damn good chance I'll be made redundant in a few weeks, and I'm sorry, but NONE of this was Obama's fault.  NONE of your family's problems right now are Obama's fault, and quite frankly I think you're blaming your own misfortune on the only scape-goat you can find right now.  And it ain't Osama.

There are millions of Americans out there who've already lost their homes, Dude.  Should they blame Obama too?  

From what I see, your country has never been so damn happy in the last decade.  Who are you to rain on the parade?

a state of anxiety and uncertainty over actual or potential problems : her son had been a constant source of worry to her.
That's a very good way of putting it.
I can clearly see it from your point of view :)

[Image: FrostedSig.png?t=1242350058]
06/11/2008 05:32 AM
Chroma
Chromatic Nutjob

Threads: 435
E-Pigs: 40.2135
cR@Zy!NgLi$h Wrote:I don't live in America. I live in New Zealand.  

Actually, the economic crisis is a result of the Clinton administration's deregulation.

And I'm not saying they're ALL his fault, I'm saying he's going to make them a lot worse.

But whatever, you guys are right, I'm gonna stop arguing and just be hopeful. I'll stop.

PSN ID: Chroma3000
My Steam Page
ADD ME
superdouche Wrote:
TheGuy Wrote:
superdouche Wrote:You need at least an 8 inch penis, that's what I heard.
Man, if I had 8 inches, I would find a better use for it :P
Like what, pushing elevator buttons?
(This post was last modified: 06/11/2008 11:06 AM by Chroma.)
06/11/2008 11:06 AM