PS3 ISO Loader Coming? With help of Dark_Alex>?
MoseZ
hXc

Threads: 50
E-Pigs: 14.0773
RE: PS3 ISO Loader Coming? With help of Dark_Alex>?
metalgear08 Wrote:
roberth Wrote:i think that an ISO loader is unfeasable at this stage, not everyone has the bandwqidth to download 10GB+ at a time

A custom firmware though...would be sweet. Native apps with cell support much :o

THAT'S what I really want in the PS3. I'm happy buying games for it, as I think bigger games like those are better and far more worth it. But homebrew apps + PS3 processing power = muthafukkin win.

Hells yeah, It would be amazing if they could get PS3 to read ISO for games and such, but it would be pretty impractical for most people. Homebrew is where its at.

~MoseZ~

[Image: 1040388856_l-1.jpg]

Spoiler for Favorite Sig/Avy Combo:
[Image: Avatar__Grateful_Dead_Bear_by_Fanta.gif]

[Image: gratefuldeadcopy.png]

MehHakker
[Image: mosezava.png]

[Image: gift4mosez.png]

Shady545

Hellgiver - 22-03-16:37 -- sweet, get in your jet and meet me here in under an hour. I'll stall 'em...

p0op Wrote:I don't trust Dark_Alex...he's up to something......
11/09/2008 10:40 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Chroma
Chromatic Nutjob

Threads: 435
E-Pigs: 40.2135
ZesoM Wrote:
metalgear08 Wrote:
roberth Wrote:i think that an ISO loader is unfeasable at this stage, not everyone has the bandwqidth to download 10GB+ at a time

A custom firmware though...would be sweet. Native apps with cell support much :o

THAT'S what I really want in the PS3. I'm happy buying games for it, as I think bigger games like those are better and far more worth it. But homebrew apps + PS3 processing power = muthafukkin win.

Hells yeah, It would be amazing if they could get PS3 to read ISO for games and such, but it would be pretty impractical for most people. Homebrew is where its at.

Well, I personally think that PSP piracy and PS3 piracy are 2 different levels. I mean, if a dev loses money on a PSP game, they're not gonna go under, as a PSP game isn't that much of a labor to make compared to a console game, which is years of blood, sweat, and tears for the devs, and hundreds of millions of dollars. There's just a bit of a gap there.

PSN ID: Chroma3000
My Steam Page
ADD ME
superdouche Wrote:
TheGuy Wrote:
superdouche Wrote:You need at least an 8 inch penis, that's what I heard.
Man, if I had 8 inches, I would find a better use for it :P
Like what, pushing elevator buttons?
11/09/2008 10:46 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
YoYoBallz
L4YoY0s

Threads: 644
E-Pigs: 13327.7533

That leads back to the old, "Rent them and dump them" trick, though you would need a blu ray drive

Mr. Shizzy Wrote:
Jomann Wrote:when he makes a psp game, then hes epic, making stupid custom firmware is just bullchocolate imo... although i have no choice but to use it.

YOU could make a game for PSP in 5 minutes.

I would be willing to bet, that even with DAX 1.50 POC source code, you still couldn't make a "bullchocolate" cfw...

Indeed. DAX is the man, he knows sonys code better them they do.

<Myth0s> i love boys
-------------------------------------------------------------------
I Go To Earth When Mars Is Boring.
¿ʞɔпɟ əɥʇ ʇɐɥʍ I was first EPerson to have upside down title.
11/09/2008 10:49 AM
MoseZ
hXc

YoYo Wrote:Indeed. DAX is the man, he knows sonys code better them they do.

True.

metalgear08 Wrote:Well, I personally think that PSP piracy and PS3 piracy are 2 different levels. I mean, if a dev loses money on a PSP game, they're not gonna go under, as a PSP game isn't that much of a labor to make compared to a console game, which is years of blood, sweat, and tears for the devs, and hundreds of millions of dollars. There's just a bit of a gap there.

I understand completely, the PSP was more of a sideproject for Sony, as compared to the PS3, which is pretty much THE project. Believe me, I understand.

~MoseZ~

MehHakker

Shady545

Hellgiver - 22-03-16:37 -- sweet, get in your jet and meet me here in under an hour. I'll stall 'em...

11/09/2008 10:55 AM
YoYoBallz
L4YoY0s

Mathieulh at Maxconsole forums. Wrote:Alex has NOTHING to do with this, and having the site in stand by can be done for a lot of other reason than ps3 hacking to begin with.

Can any mod close this poo poo?

Also zeus should be more careful about the things he newses, rumous HAVE to be verified before they get frontpaged.

Since there is nothing happening (ps3 wise) from Alex or any M33 member. I suggest him to rectify his news asap, before wee have to deal with too many noobs asking pointless questions.

Oh ! and yes wee love linux on the ps3 (although it is a bit slow), wee love the ps3 as it is, and wee most likely won't start hacking it anytime soon.

What people really need on ps3 is not a hack (that would only bring piracy) or even the RSX that is no more than a low end graphics chipset having a SLOW bus (so slow that it is a real bottleneck) what it really needs is cell optimisation. Linux is running slow right now because it is not optimised for the cell processor (which is in fact not quite meant to run linux either)
The day wee get a linux flavour optimised for cell allong with a graphic driver using cell for its calculations, Linux on ps3 is going to be a lot faster. (although more available ram would improve things speed wise)

The problem is that doing so is a LOT of job and not many people are willing to do it.

P.S. You really should close that lame thread.

<Myth0s> i love boys
11/09/2008 10:59 AM
MoseZ
hXc

lolz, closure at last!

~MoseZ~

MehHakker

Shady545

11/09/2008 11:01 AM
YoYoBallz
L4YoY0s

yep.

<Myth0s> i love boys
11/09/2008 11:04 AM
squee666
Grand Warlock

Threads: 351
E-Pigs: 555.8899
lol i like where this is going

[Image: IuZelj2.png]
Spoiler for anime watched:
[Image: squee666.jpg]
11/09/2008 11:07 AM
feinicks
One day... we Fly...

Threads: 531
E-Pigs: 210817.3958
metalgear08 Wrote:
ZesoM Wrote:
metalgear08 Wrote:

Well, I personally think that PSP piracy and PS3 piracy are 2 different levels. I mean, if a dev loses money on a PSP game, they're not gonna go under, as a PSP game isn't that much of a labor to make compared to a console game, which is years of blood, sweat, and tears for the devs, and hundreds of millions of dollars. There's just a bit of a gap there.

what about PC games? Most PC games are far more detailed than the console counterparts. They take equally long to make. Plus, the PC market demands that a game has to be better than the console version, else the publisher and the studio are criticised for doing a shody work. But PC game piracy is only on the up curve.

I do agree that PS3 shouldnt support ISOs. That is just killing the the creative.

Just if people understood... but then again, the temptation is too great, and the fruit is too expensive. So 'borrow' the fruit is a common practise.

◄◄••• 天使たちの夢か? •••►►

[Image: ewualizer.gif]
My works!
11/09/2008 11:24 AM
Chroma
Chromatic Nutjob

Threads: 435
E-Pigs: 40.2135
feinicks Wrote:what about PC games? Most PC games are far more detailed than the console counterparts. They take equally long to make. Plus, the PC market demands that a game has to be better than the console version, else the publisher and the studio are criticised for doing a shody work. But PC game piracy is only on the up curve.

I do agree that PS3 shouldnt support ISOs. That is just killing the the creative.

Just if people understood... but then again, the temptation is too great, and the fruit is too expensive. So 'borrow' the fruit is a common practise.

And you know, that's why I buy most major PC releases. I mean, to be honest, the only PC games I've pirated are Half Life 1, Starcraft, and Half Life 2. I got the first 2 because I figured they would only be available used, and I wanted to avoid the hassle, and Half Life 2 was just to try it out. I ended up buying the full game as part of the Orange Box.

I fully plan on buying Dead Space, Left 4 Dead, Mirror's Edge, and Far Cry 2, and maybe Crysis eventually. Multiplayer games are just so much more fun on the officially hosted servers, Steam especially.

PSN ID: Chroma3000
My Steam Page
ADD ME
superdouche Wrote:
TheGuy Wrote:
superdouche Wrote:You need at least an 8 inch penis, that's what I heard.
Man, if I had 8 inches, I would find a better use for it :P
Like what, pushing elevator buttons?
11/09/2008 07:42 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply