How To Burn Xbox 1 Backups
demonchild
Thinks Zinga Up To Something

Threads: 132
E-Pigs: 97.4501
How To Burn Xbox 1 Backups
What You Need

-An Xbox that can run backups. Modchipped Xboxes are ideal. (Xecuter's X3 modchip is good)
-CD or DVDs. Some untouched Xbox games can fit on a CD.
-Burner (T.T)
-ISO of your Xbox game
-ISO Burning Program (I use UltraISO. It can pick up both regular ISOs, and xISOs)
-Qwix

Burning Xbox games is a fairly easy process. Getting them to play is another story. However, once you get the idea of how to burn your games, you shouldn't have any problems. Ofc, this requires a modded Xbox that can play backups. You also need Qwix (below) and the rest of the stuff on the list. Once you get everything, you can begin.

Note: When I refer to dashboard, I mean 3rd party dashes, not the Xbox one.

Converting ISO to XISO Format

Xbox games use a special file system called xFDS, and uses xISO for its games. On a PC, they will all come up as an ISO. However, sometimes they will come up unreadable by the PC. xISOs need special programs to open up and mess around with the xISO. Anyways, onto converting.

1. First, you will have to extract the contents of your ISO to a directory anywhere. After that, make sure that the uppermost directory of the ISO has a file named 'default.xbe'. This is very important as this is the file that the Xbox looks for to boot the game. (As EBOOT.PBP is for PSPs)

2. Launch Qwix. Ignore the warning that pops up. At the left, go to 'Create ISO', then click on 'Local Folder', and then the .... on the other side.

[Image: 5457375.jpg]

3. Find the folder where you extracted the ISO. After you find it, click on 'Cross-link Identical Files'. Then, hit 'Create ISO'.

[Image: 5460343.jpg]

4. Watch as your ISO gets created.

5. When done, burn with your favorite image program at the slowest speeds, and with the Disc-At-Once- option selected.

6. Pop your disc into your Xbox and boot it up according to whatever you need to do. (Use exploit, or launch via dashboard)

FAQ?

-Why doesn't my Xbox read the disc?

There are so many reasons. So little time. Really, if you followed the guide to the T, you wouldn't have any problems. But if you still do, it can be a lot of things. From the media, ISO, or your Xbox.

-Why did you mention the Xbox as a problem?

Well, the DVD drive on the first Xboxes were total garbage. It was either replace with a new one, or flash a newer firmware.

-So how can I fix it?

If you have tried different discs of different brands, and still get a disc read error, replacing the DVD drive is last resort. You can try doing the following:

-Reburn the game
-Flashing new BIOS to your modchip.
-Use updated dashboard
-Clear game cache (Do it from the dashboard)
-Delete game save [Last Resort!!]

-Ok, DVD Drive replacement fixed it, any other things I should look into?

You can always setup your Xbox for FTP between your Xbox and computer, and FTP games to your hard drive. (Will need a hdd replacement - Any of all sizes can do. However, you do need to reformat it from the dashboard, and update BIOS/dashboard if necessary so it can provide the options to format and repartition your drive for use with your Xbox.) You will need a cross-over cable for a direct connection or a router if you can't find a cross-over cable. (You still need ethernet cables for the router option)

-Does the same here apply to homebrew, and bootable stuff via CD/DVD?

Pretty much. Read the readme that comes included for specific instructions.

-Where can I find BIOS/dashboards?

Most are illegal since they were written with M$ XDK. Check Xbins.

.rar  Qwix101.rar (Size: 1.1 MB / Downloads: 695)

‫‬‭‮‪‫‬‭‮‫‬‭‮‪‫‬‭[Image: Kamakazi.jpg]
Mr. Sim Pilot - One's Tale of Adventure - Coming Soon ... or whatever
Spoiler for SkyDX's gift.:
[Image: demonchildiq2.png] Thanks!
Assassinator Wrote:
demonchild Wrote:Because even pirates pirate free stuff.

Because pirates even pirate free stuff.

Important. Lol.
(This post was last modified: 07/06/2008 05:33 PM by demonchild.)
07/06/2008 05:27 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
xBu
Jedi

Threads: 55
E-Pigs: 44.0477
RE: How To Burn Xbox 1 Backups
Nice, great guide.
07/06/2008 08:29 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
YoYoBallz
L4YoY0s

Threads: 644
E-Pigs: 13327.7533
RE: How To Burn Xbox 1 Backups
Thanks for the guide demonchild

<Myth0s> i love boys
-------------------------------------------------------------------
I Go To Earth When Mars Is Boring.
¿ʞɔпɟ əɥʇ ʇɐɥʍ I was first EPerson to have upside down title.
16/06/2008 07:30 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply