PRX Offsets 3.90
updated today
Aponizuma
Able One

Threads: 4
E-Pigs: 1.7944
RE: PRX Offsets 3.90
is it possible to to reorder the icons and choose which one should be on top? i would like the umd game icon to be under the topmenu just like the games in stick - is it possible? if it is then which offsets should i check? thanks.

[Image: 29x85xi.gif] [Image: 19017n.gif]
16/02/2008 05:09 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
SchmilK
Noob

Threads: 359
E-Pigs: 82.0546
Not a PRX movement...BUT

To move the x position of games on memory stick and save data open game_plugin.rco go to page data and look at XLIST_MS_GAME -148 in the position is the initial position the memory stick will be.  

X Position of games in infobar is also in here

If you go to info bar and return that value is no longer referenced,but instead it is pulled from
[GAME_PLUGIN.PRX]
14B5C   -148   X Position Game Memory Stick Contents and Save Data after exiting infobar
14CF0   -148   (2nd reference but no visible change when modifying..maybe other language?)
14B48   -168   X Position Game Memory Stick Contents in infobar

limneosgreen Wrote:Take my advice, don't try to install custom themes ... it's possible to brick ur psp.. why just don't change wallpaper
(This post was last modified: 16/02/2008 05:15 PM by SchmilK.)
16/02/2008 04:56 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Jomann
Chibi :3

Threads: 103
E-Pigs: 25.8968
something i noticed, when your in settings you see your focused text and unfocused text, the unfocused is semi-transparent, but if you goto the game menu or network you only see the focused text and not the unfocused text, so im wondering if theres a way to make it so that its not completely transparent Bathing

[Image: Endless_paradigm_01.png]
17/02/2008 04:41 AM
robs1968
Oyabun

Threads: 37
E-Pigs: 26.9280
40E1C -80   X position memory stick information screen
40E20  85   Y position memory stick information screen
40E28 400   Fade in time memory stick information text

[Image: screenshot004fy1.jpg]

[Image: shB7lxO.jpg]
17/02/2008 06:08 AM
Aponizuma
Able One

SchmilK Wrote:Not a PRX movement...BUT

To move the x position of games on memory stick and save data open game_plugin.rco go to page data and look at XLIST_MS_GAME -148 in the position is the initial position the memory stick will be.  

X Position of games in infobar is also in here

If you go to info bar and return that value is no longer referenced,but instead it is pulled from
[GAME_PLUGIN.PRX]
14B5C   -148   X Position Game Memory Stick Contents and Save Data after exiting infobar
14CF0   -148   (2nd reference but no visible change when modifying..maybe other language?)
14B48   -168   X Position Game Memory Stick Contents in infobar

thanks for the tip boss :) though its really not positioning i am after but the order of the icons i.e., if i have them on top of each other, which one would be visible. i do have two other questions:

1. is it possible to make the volume vertical?
2. is there a tutorial/description on the rco items - ex. topmenu_plugin - xmenu@0x2E9C, list_sysconf@0x2F30 (which incidentally has all 0 values that when i change freezes my psp), plane_optionmenu, mlist_optionmenu, etc. i understand the hierarchy but which one is which. it would be helpful also if the connection between various rco and prx is determined.

it takes a lot of time changing a value and flashing then changing again and reflashing - that is simpler when the item is known but what about those that wee do not even know where the effect of the change should be because there is no description what is it i changed?

thanks.

(This post was last modified: 17/02/2008 06:34 AM by Aponizuma.)
17/02/2008 06:31 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
SchmilK
Noob

I love hitting submit twice :)

limneosgreen Wrote:Take my advice, don't try to install custom themes ... it's possible to brick ur psp.. why just don't change wallpaper
(This post was last modified: 17/02/2008 11:00 AM by SchmilK.)
17/02/2008 10:55 AM
SchmilK
Noob

Aponizuma Wrote:it takes a lot of time changing a value and flashing then changing again and reflashing - that is simpler when the item is known but what about those that wee do not even know where the effect of the change should be because there is no description what is it i changed?

thanks.

All of these offsets are being found wihtout knowing for sure what it is going to do but HOPEFULLY it will change what wee want it to.  For me I pick something on the screen that i want to move.  First look for the x or y location on the screen and start searching for 32bit floats ± 20 pixels from what i think it is.  Nothing found, go to a different prx and try again.  Still nothing, then mabye its not aposition, but a spacing offset.  So now count pixels from center to center of an icon and start searching for a value that I think the offset should be by looking on the screen.  

For the rco one i listed above, I found the offset that moved the icon AFTER exiting the info bar...so my logic tells me that something else must move it first.  And just like the topmenu holds the X,Y of the icons when you first power on, then after going into a submenu it is pulled from vshmain and paf, i deductively concluded that an rco MUST hold that initial position so I started looking for -148 in the rco and sure enough it was there.

I also figured out how to control the shadow of the text in various rco.. once i found in prx that Sony always lists 2 then -2 for the shadows i started looking in page data of rco and sure neough on the right sidewhile scrolling there is a 2 then -2 listed..change those to 0 and voila...centered shadows on text :D

For every one offset that I have found, I have probably tested 50 with out noticing a change on the screen.  And then later when I'm looking for something else, I try one of the old values that didnt change before and what do you know...that was the new one i need :)  

Wee have it easy today.  When this all started for the first time, bstronga, zinga, the rest were going on nothing.  And they found all of the important offsets, now wee are expanding on that and I am trying to push the creative theme making past all previous limits.

As for the layers in the xmb..I understand what you are trying to accomplish and I would like that too because currently the main xmb text is top layer, then the main icon, then behind both of those are the submenu icon/text.  So for my theme i am making the main icon highly transparent so the submenu text/icons can be seen through which is going to make a very unique browsing experience when done :)  Maybe by the end I will pop a brain fart and realise what is handling the layers...but I doubt it since it hasn't been figured out by the big boys here yet :(

This is not an exact science by any means..ive been looking for paterns in the prx and still can't wrap my brain around any thing :(

(This post was last modified: 17/02/2008 11:05 AM by SchmilK.)
17/02/2008 11:00 AM
Jomann
Chibi :3

Threads: 103
E-Pigs: 25.8968
SchmilK Wrote:All of these offsets are being found wihtout knowing for sure what it is going to do but HOPEFULLY it will change what wee want it to.  For me I pick something on the screen that i want to move.  First look for the x or y location on the screen and start searching for 32bit floats ± 20 pixels from what i think it is.  Nothing found, go to a different prx and try again.  Still nothing, then mabye its not aposition, but a spacing offset.  So now count pixels from center to center of an icon and start searching for a value that I think the offset should be by looking on the screen.  

For the rco one i listed above, I found the offset that moved the icon AFTER exiting the info bar...so my logic tells me that something else must move it first.  And just like the topmenu holds the X,Y of the icons when you first power on, then after going into a submenu it is pulled from vshmain and paf, i deductively concluded that an rco MUST hold that initial position so I started looking for -148 in the rco and sure enough it was there.

I also figured out how to control the shadow of the text in various rco.. once i found in prx that Sony always lists 2 then -2 for the shadows i started looking in page data of rco and sure neough on the right sidewhile scrolling there is a 2 then -2 listed..change those to 0 and voila...centered shadows on text :D

For every one offset that I have found, I have probably tested 50 with out noticing a change on the screen.  And then later when I'm looking for something else, I try one of the old values that didnt change before and what do you know...that was the new one i need :)  

Wee have it easy today.  When this all started for the first time, bstronga, zinga, the rest were going on nothing.  And they found all of the important offsets, now wee are expanding on that and I am trying to push the creative theme making past all previous limits.

As for the layers in the xmb..I understand what you are trying to accomplish and I would like that too because currently the main xmb text is top layer, then the main icon, then behind both of those are the submenu icon/text.  So for my theme i am making the main icon highly transparent so the submenu text/icons can be seen through which is going to make a very unique browsing experience when done :)  Maybe by the end I will pop a brain fart and realise what is handling the layers...but I doubt it since it hasn't been figured out by the big boys here yet :(

This is not an exact science by any means..ive been looking for paterns in the prx and still can't wrap my brain around any thing :(

nice finds i also noticed the rco thing, so ive been looking for the same values, but i just now realized what I have been needing to do, so thank you! also its great that everyone has found so many already, i know im not much help but, i will try to find as many values in the rcos as i can.

Edit: game_plugin.rco 0x00002854 -148 x position of memory stick contents "game" (on startup of psp no "pull")
[Image: screenshot002qu4.png]
(note that in this picture i edited it to be 0)

[Image: Endless_paradigm_01.png]
(This post was last modified: 17/02/2008 03:15 PM by Jomann.)
17/02/2008 02:56 PM
SchmilK
Noob

Jomann Wrote:nice finds i also noticed the rco thing, so ive been looking for the same values, but i just now realized what I have been needing to do, so thank you! also its great that everyone has found so many already, i know im not much help but, i will try to find as many values in the rcos as i can.

Edit: game_plugin.rco 0x00002854 -148 x position of memory stick contents "game" (on startup of psp no "pull")
[Image: screenshot002qu4.png]
(note that in this picture i edited it to be 0)

If you hex edited the game_plugin.rco and found -148 then you just did what rcoedit does when changing what i mentinoed in rcoedit.  :)

17/02/2008 10:59 PM
Aponizuma
Able One

SchmilK Wrote:All of these offsets ...

thanks for the reply boss, i just hope somebody makes a psp emulator for the pc so that it would be much easier to play around :) will flash0 not suffer from 'wear and tear' with this flashing/reflashing method?

17/02/2008 11:11 PM