[PSP] Simple Popstation GUI v3.00 beta
A GUI for popstation (to play PSX games on the PSP)
FrenzyBanana
Paradigmatic Apprentice

Threads: 6
E-Pigs: 0.7348
RE: [PSP] Simple Popstation GUI v3.00 beta
ZiNgA BuRgA Wrote:There was some discussion on how to get an AT3 to loop - you'll have to search for it, sorry...

thanks
18/09/2007 02:35 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
diego
poof

Threads: 264
E-Pigs: 37.4012
i love this tool . . .just made bushido blade with it.!

[Image: cce6aa9e-c40c-4ae7-aebe-d7780d6fc009.gif]
25/09/2007 03:07 AM
Hellgiver
Team Ramrod

Threads: 230
E-Pigs: 57.9774
Hi, I am having some trouble.  I am using a launch PSP with 3.52 m33-4 CFW.  First off, both games I have used so far with your method have come out looking alright, but they have many flaws.  I have tried using Future Cop: LAPD and RE2 Leon.  On Future Cop: LAPD, it starts up fine, but it won't play certain levels, like Griffith Park (the first level).  It says LOADING and then it stops right before it hits 100%.  It does the same thing on a couple other levels.  Also, on RE2 Leon CD, I followed all directions, and then the game started up fine.  The problem is when I reach the police station, it shows me open the doors, and then the police station music starts up, but then I get no visuals.  It just sits there with the music playing and I never hear the doors close, so I know it isn't just me not being able to see the visuals.  Otherwise, I'd be able to hear Leon walking around and I would have heard the doors close after loading is completed.  

Any idea what is going on?  I know you aren't the master of how all these games work individually, but do you think there could be a problem in the ripping or conversion or what?  I have tried redoing the entire process oover and over in case it was just a mess up during the ripping or something, but it always has the same problems at the same places.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

[Image: toocool.png]
<3 Diego!
27/09/2007 12:55 PM
ZiNgA BuRgA
Smart Alternative

Threads: 1,174
E-Pigs: 446.0774
Hi Hellgiver,

Well, there's a number of possibilities.  I would first research to see if anyone else has got it working - if not, it could potentially be an issue with Sony's emulator (nothing much wee can do about it).  If people have, then it's most likely an issue with a rip.

A quick thing you can try is using less compression - ie level 6 instead of 9.
Also, how are you ripping the discs?  As in, what format are you ripping them as?  If you're using ISO, try IMG+CCD instead.

Hope that helps!
(This post was last modified: 27/09/2007 09:47 PM by ZiNgA BuRgA.)
27/09/2007 09:47 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Hellgiver
Team Ramrod

I am quite new to using emulators, so what you said about IMG+CCD and levels of compression went over my head, I am embarrassed to say.  However, what I do know, I can tell you.  The way I am ripping is the way I read in the guide on PSP-Hacks.com.  It is using the program CDRWin.  It gives me a cue and a bin format which turns into an EBOOT on your program, and then I follow the rest of the instructions in putting it onto my PSP.  Here is the link to the instructions that I use (in fact it was because you replied on that thread that I thought to look for your site): http://www.psp-hacks.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=63658

Everyone else on the site seems to be getting it to work just fine for them.  I do not know how to change the level of compression, which I had somewhat tried looking for some tips on doing because I planned on using my FFVIII and FFVII discs on my memory sticks and wanted to compress them.  Only problem was I didn't know how to phrase the question to google it.  I really appreciate any help you can provide as well as the help you have already provided.  Also, don't feel obligated to teach me anything that you don't feel is necessary since this is, in fact, about your GUI.

<3 Diego!
(This post was last modified: 28/09/2007 02:55 AM by Hellgiver.)
28/09/2007 01:52 AM
ZiNgA BuRgA
Smart Alternative

Threads: 1,174
E-Pigs: 446.0774
Wow Hellgiver, you're certainly one of the most kind people I've seen in a while :)
For compression, just change the number here:
[Image: 34477319cn1.jpg]

To give you a summary, "compression" reduces the file size of the resulting EBOOT.PBP file.  Higher levels of compression reduce the size more.  The trade-off, however, is usually speed and sometimes, glitches in games.  Most PSX games seem to run fine on level 9, which is why I choose 9 to be the default level.  There have been reports that some games break using this level of compression, but I've heard that level 6 works in basically all cases (where the actual game works).

As for my point about Sony's emulator, Sony originally created popstation for use with their Playstation 3 store.  Dark_AleX and co hacked it however :)  allowing us to play PSX games on the PSP.  However, the emulator is not perfect, and quite a number of games won't run properly.  Unfortunately, since it's Sony's creation, there's little wee can do to fix it.

As for BIN+CUE format etc, BIN+CUE _should_ work.  From reading what you've said, I doubt this is your issue.

In conclusion, try reducing the compression number.  If it doesn't work, chances are, it's not fully working in popstation.  If someone claims that they've got it working, try asking them to see how they did it.  You can also ask in Help sections if anyone has got your games working properly.

Hope that helps!
28/09/2007 03:12 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
roberth
Resident Full Stop Abuser.....

Threads: 200
E-Pigs: 43.8419
Future Cop doesn't work unless you use popsloader...i used 3.03 popsloader and it worked fine, or perhaps it was even 3.02...though i doubt it

28/09/2007 07:58 AM
Hellgiver
Team Ramrod

I would like to apologize for the original post. After rereading it, I realized that because I was so excited to be getting some answers for questions I had for once, I actually came off as being ungrateful and abusive of your generosity.  Because of that, I have removed my questions, and instead just posted this thanks for your help.  All those questions can be answered elsewhere.  It had been bothering me for a couple of days and I knew I would not be okay until I set things right.  So, thanks so much for your help.  No hard feelings, I hope. :)

<3 Diego!
(This post was last modified: 29/09/2007 10:35 PM by Hellgiver.)
28/09/2007 02:39 PM
sekazi
Neophitic Presence

Threads: 0
E-Pigs: 0.5000
This is by far the easiest and best ps1 to psp converter ever. I have been using it for months ever since I found v3.00b. If you ever plan on taking it out of a beta I have 1 small request. There is just one thing which is lacks which IceTea has. This program really needs a text to document.dat converter for all of those text guides out there. Since you have a dead button it could be used as a Text Document Maker like what IceTea has.
01/10/2007 10:58 AM
Hellgiver
Team Ramrod

Hey, Zinga.  I kept looking, and finally figured everything out.  You know, you wouldn't believe how many people recommend your popstation (or maybe you would).  It really does rock.  It is so much easier than the Clean POPStation that I tried using.  Thanks for making a GUI for the less knowledgeable/lazier bunch.  I do have one question, though.  Have you had any complaints about any specific FF having trouble being played after being converted by your popstation?  I am only asking because of the warning your popstation gave me that some game's ISO's won't work well, and that .bin files are preferred on it. Any help would be greatly appreciated as far as that is concerned.  Cheers! :)

<3 Diego!
(This post was last modified: 02/10/2007 09:56 PM by Hellgiver.)
02/10/2007 09:28 PM