Programming help: Xcode
Chroma
Chromatic Nutjob

Threads: 435
E-Pigs: 40.2135
Programming help: Xcode
I've been starting to research Xcode, as I'm gonna start programming on Mac once school is over. I already got my mom to agree to let me use her iMac to practice until I get a Mac of my own, in August.

Anyway, Xcode is a suite of coding tools for the Universal Mac binary, meaning the programs it makes will work on Intel and PowerPC. It says on Wikipedia that it supports the C, C++, Objective-C, Objective-C++, Java, AppleScript, Python and Ruby. I want to start teaching myself some coding this summer, then study it some more once college starts in the fall. I don't want to bite off more than I can chew, so I want to start small and start to learn one language for now. Also, any coding knowledge I have will help my chances of getting a job in concept art, as people who can bridge the middle ground between art and programming in a videogame development environment are very valuable. So, what language should I start learning? What would be the best for a noob?

PS- I hope to one day be good enough to port useful PC programs to Mac, like maybe a certain PSP customization tool made by a guy whose username is reminiscent of a type of sandwich Hihi

PSN ID: Chroma3000
My Steam Page
ADD ME
superdouche Wrote:
TheGuy Wrote:
superdouche Wrote:You need at least an 8 inch penis, that's what I heard.
Man, if I had 8 inches, I would find a better use for it :P
Like what, pushing elevator buttons?
(This post was last modified: 22/05/2008 04:34 PM by Chroma.)
22/05/2008 04:18 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Programming help: Xcode - Chroma - 22/05/2008 04:18 PM
RE: Programming help: Xcode - ZiNgA BuRgA - 26/05/2008, 04:10 AM