Sony Nextep Wrist Computer Concept
Hellgiver
Team Ramrod

Threads: 230
E-Pigs: 57.9774
Sony Nextep Wrist Computer Concept
Article is about a month old, but I just read it today.

http://www.yankodesign.com/2010/05/25/in...our-wrist/

Quote:Our present need for internet connectivity is so profound that secondary devices like the Nextep Computer are bound to happen. Developed to be worn as a bracelet, this computer concept is constructed out of a flexible OLED touchscreen. Earmarked for the year 2020, features like a holographic projector (for screen), pull-out extra keyboard panels and social networking compatibility, make the concept plausible. Ten years from now is not too far away, so how many of you think wee’d be buying such gadgets?

Concept pics:

Spoiler:
[Image: nextep1.jpg]
[Image: nextep6.jpg]
[Image: nextep7.jpg]
[Image: nextep4.jpg]
[Image: nextep5.jpg]
[Image: nextep2.jpg]
[Image: nextep9.jpg]
Considering how much technology has changed in the last 10 years, this almost feels too conservative an ambition. Still, any advancement is welcome.

Though... the utilization of OLED seems a bit primitive in this form. I wonder how they plan to deal with the high chance of damage due to its positioning? A watch is relatively small, and not very cumbersome. On the other hand (no pun intended), this wrist gadget looks like it would be pretty annoying if left on your wrist all day. I think their test audience would likely find it too cumbersome in this prototype form. It needs to be, in some way, part of your clothing, or some other way, in which the weight and surface area don't affect you negatively.

Regardless, Sony will surely figure out what is the most sensible course of action (hopefully...).

Still, lots of cool possibilities for this.

[Image: toocool.png]
<3 Diego!
25/06/2010 02:38 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Sony Nextep Wrist Computer Concept - Hellgiver - 25/06/2010 02:38 PM