Sending your Nintendo Wii in for repairs?
Know this..
Hellgiver
Team Ramrod

Threads: 230
E-Pigs: 57.9774
RE: Sending your Nintendo Wii in for repairs?
(25/04/2010 01:48 PM)YoYoBallz Wrote:  
(25/04/2010 11:16 AM)Hellgiver Wrote:  Interesting read. I never got into the Wii hacking scene, as I barely use my Wii anyways. Funny how hard Nintendo is trying to detect illegal mods just so they can take one more consumer out of the loop. Wonder if someone at Nintendo could ever 'leak' the disc to the public...?

Could happen, and would be very useful to hackers.  What happened with the pink fish disc (Back Up Disc) It was found in someones Nintendo Wii after he/she sent it in for repairs.  What the disc itself did was useless to us really but the IOS16 that was on the disc (is used to make call to nand mem and write things as ES) allowed hackers to use it and make a 3.4 downgrade (downgrade is useless to us nowdays really) and fix banner bircks.   So yes it would be very nice for somebody get there hands on one of theses disc, like bushing said what else the disc may do is still unknown to us this is the the tail end on a caches.

I remember back when that happened. I think you put up a thread for us. Regardless, it would be interesting if this disc were to fall into the hands of the hackers (sounds like a bad 80s movie on hacking).

[Image: toocool.png]
<3 Diego!
25/04/2010 02:23 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Sending your Nintendo Wii in for repairs? - Hellgiver - 25/04/2010 02:23 PM