Need help making a working custom gameboot logo
Nothing seems to work for me!
marzsyndrome
Neophitic Presence

Threads: 1
E-Pigs: 0.9479
Need help making a working custom gameboot logo
First off, hello to everyone!  Due to not having many free hours to myself I may not be around very often, if at all, but nevertheless I felt the need to ask for your help, after seeing how accustomed you guys are to XMB customizing. ;)

Basically, I'm totally stumped as to how to get any gameboot logo I create (to replace the default grey PSP one) to actually display during a gameboot movie.  I don't know whether it's a problem with custom gameboot movies or not, but my graphic keeps failing to show up at all, leaving an empty space where it should be.

I've tried following all decent guides on the net, and tried both Photoshop and GIMP (both of which I barely use much compared to Paint Shop Pro 9) to do all the transparency stuff.  Attempted with both 8-bit and 32-bit bitmaps.  PNGs too.  But even though it looks like integrating my piccy into my opening_plugin.rco with RCO Editor all goes smoothly, when playing back on my PSP it - like I said - refuses to materialize.

If it's important, I'm currently using 3.71 M33-3.  And I'm using the readily-decrypted RCO available from the "Power Tools Customizing" thread.  Perhaps there's a more up-to-date - or dummies step-by-step - guide that's popped up in recent times?

Any help in sorting this annoyingly baffling mystery out will be much appreciated, thanksies. :)
(This post was last modified: 04/08/2008 05:04 PM by marzsyndrome.)
04/08/2008 05:03 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Need help making a working custom gameboot logo - marzsyndrome - 04/08/2008 05:03 PM