Demix.
Velociraptor Extraordinaire

Threads: 23
E-Pigs: 3.7760
[Release] Snes9X Euphoria R2 - Bugfixes galore
$title [Release] Snes9X Euphoria R2 - Bugfixes galore

October 21st, 2009, 02:56 Posted By: Zack

Via RetroEmu

Hey everyone. I would first of all like to say thank you for all the positive response towards my work and for all the bug reports.

For the record, I know I have been stated as saying use frameskip 3 to get good speed, but even without it it is faster than the previous snes emulator releases. I re-wrote parts of the renderer, I didn't just hike up frameskip and claim mine was faster. This might not be the case for every game and might not be by much, but it is faster.

Also I'm not doing this for a popularity stunt, or just to claim "mines better than yours". I am doing this because I love the Snes and want to see it emulated at proper speed on the PSP and was sad to see it abandoned. I do not claim to be the worlds greatest coder, or emulation guru. Like everyone else I am learning on a daily basis. Programming is a hobby for me, I don't do it for a living. I know there is a lot more work to be done, so please bear with me.

This build isn't really any faster than the previous one, it's mainly a stability release. I will be back to speed improvements in the next release.

Changes :

So that's it. It finally seems stable, I know this emulator has a bad rep for being terribly unstable but it really seems solid now.

I hope you enjoy this release and if you have any bugs please post them in the : Snes9X Euphoria - Official Forum

Note : To get the best performance I recommend the following settings :

Render : PSP Accelerated
Frameskip : 3 (frameskip @ 1 seems to be sufficient for most games to play at 60fps)

Note : The PSP Accelerated renderer can be buggy, it works fine in most games but certain games may have graphical errors which render them unplayable. If this happens I recommend switching to the PSP Accelerated + Aprox soft renderer.

Thanks!

If you downloaded the R2 release, please download the new R2.1 release as it fixes a bug with loading a new rom (it would crash the psp) - Same link

.zip  Snes9X_Euphoria_R2.1.zip (Size: 2.14 MB / Downloads: 321)

[Image: deathnotecopyy.jpg]
20/10/2009 09:04 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
1-R
forced consensual sex
Team DreamArts

Threads: 396
E-Pigs: 115.1024
RE: [Release] Snes9X Euphoria R2 - Bugfixes galore
NICE! Madwin

[Image: OLmvS.png]
Twit | DA | G+ | Last.fm
20/10/2009 09:09 PM
Mr. Shizzy
ɯɹ˙ sɥızzʎ

Threads: 415
E-Pigs: 160.1496
Excellent   Madwin

SNES has got to be my all time favorite classic console.  And Zack is right - it was sad to see it abandoned.    So glad it is getting updated   Yay

EDIT:  SNES Euphoria R2.1 released:
http://dl.qj.net/Snes9X-Euphoria-R2.1-PS.../catid/501

PSP 2001 [TA-088v2]: 6.39 ME-9.7
[Image: 4kly6c1.gif]
Sig by Mr_Nick666
(This post was last modified: 20/10/2009 09:29 PM by Mr. Shizzy.)
20/10/2009 09:20 PM
Gadget
ɯƃıpɐɹɐd ssǝןpuǝ

Threads: 69
E-Pigs: 63.3012
On Donkey Kong Country, to me it seems it runs better when frame skip is set at "auto" not 3.  The game play don't seem as glitchy to me, with that setting...Other then that nice to see updates rolling out Madwin

PSN: Brick_Factory

Spoiler for sigpic:
[Image: 157nb04.png]
Spoiler for NeCr0-B0T:
Necro-Bot
Necro may refer to:
    * necro-, the Greek prefix meaning death
Bot or BOT or similar may refer to:
    * Internet bot, computer program which does automated tasks
    * Botnet, network of "zombie" computers used to carry out automated tasks such as spamming
21/10/2009 06:31 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply