Pirate Bay Wins Court Case, Italian Block Lifted
YoYoBallz
L4YoY0s

Threads: 644
E-Pigs: 13327.7533
Pirate Bay Wins Court Case, Italian Block Lifted
[Image: tpb.jpg]

TorrentFreak Wrote:The Pirate Bay has successfully appealed the decision of an Italian judge who had ordered ISPs to block access to the popular BitTorrent tracker last month. The Court of Bergamo decided that this block was unlawful, and that Italian users should regain access to the site.

pirate bayThis August, out of nowhere, The Pirate Bay was “censored” in Italy following a decree from a public prosecutor. The block didn’t prove to be particularly effective, as traffic from Italy only increased. Nevertheless, The Pirate Bay was determined to reverse the decision, and in that mission they have succeeded.

The Court of Bergamo has now lifted the block, and ISPs are again allowed to grant their users access to the most frequently used BitTorrent tracker on the Internet. More details on the decision, and the reason why the block was reversed, will be made public later.

In a previous interview, Pirate Bay’s lawyers Giovanni Battista Gallus and Francesco Micozzi described the order as “‘original’ or ‘creative’ at best,” and said it should not have been ordered in the first place because of the lack of jurisdiction. In addition, they argued that The Pirate Bay is not breaking any laws since it’s not distributing copyright infringing material.

The court’s decision might set an important precedent for BitTorrent sites in Italy, especially for Colombo-BT, the largest Italian torrent site, which was shut down by the same prosecutor responsible for the Pirate Bay block. The action against Colombo-BT was orchestrated by the anti-piracy outlet IFPI, which also hijacked all Italian Pirate Bay visitors following the block.

Visitors who were blocked from The Pirate Bay were redirected to an IFPI server, instead of a server operated by the Italian government. This is again an example of how lobby groups such as the IFPI, MPAA and RIAA are treated as government institutions. Since many Pirate Bay visitors claimed their privacy was violated, the Italian Pirate Party and Altroconsumo filed a complaint with the ombudsman earlier this week.

- Source: [HERE]

<Myth0s> i love boys
-------------------------------------------------------------------
I Go To Earth When Mars Is Boring.
¿ʞɔпɟ əɥʇ ʇɐɥʍ I was first EPerson to have upside down title.
25/09/2008 03:33 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Method
You may call me Reverend.

Threads: 443
E-Pigs: 71.3136
RE: Pirate Bay Wins Court Case, Italian Block Lifted
lol it's always about The Pirate Bay XD

[Image: mvg1hw.gif]
25/09/2008 03:39 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
amzter
The bird stole my shoe.

Threads: 342
E-Pigs: 54.7074
woooooooo go pirate bay. I haven't used the site in a long time though cause I dontntrust itni keep on thinking my ip is going to be used by the police to hunt me down and search through my computer

[Image: 494851774.png]
Search:
25/09/2008 03:41 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
S7*
Sweet Dreams

Threads: 1,056
E-Pigs: 383.2289
MehHakker Wrote:lol it's always about The Pirate Bay XD

They know what they're doing.

Great job Pirate Bay, keep it up... wee like having our freedom ^^
25/09/2008 03:41 PM
roberth
Resident Full Stop Abuser.....

Threads: 200
E-Pigs: 43.8419
Always nice to heasr of another victory for the freedoms which have in reality been enjoyed for decades but only prosecuted for recently

25/09/2008 03:43 PM
Assassinator

Threads: 176
E-Pigs: 140.8363
YoYoBallz Wrote:...The block didn’t prove to be particularly effective, as traffic from Italy only increased.

I laugh at that.
25/09/2008 04:07 PM
Vegetano1
$urf

Threads: 397
E-Pigs: 2756.6280
no more pasta for Italian judge !! :)

Make loads of $$!! it wurks!!
[Image: csbanner_anim_03.gif]
Signed Homebrew by bsanehi & OMightyBuggy
http://endlessparadigm.com/forum/showthr...?tid=25707
Spoiler for My miniBlog:
26/09/2008 12:00 AM