Endless Paradigm

Full Version: About 3.30's RCOs
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
I finally managed to download the 3.30 update so I could have a little look at some RCOs...

visualizer_plugin.rco
Firstly, I say, there's nothing to be excited about this one.  All the RCO contains is 14 images (I checked by searching for the signature; the header indicates that no more than 15 images are in there though).  Also contains what appears to be a "blank" (unused/useless) page resource.

As for the purpose of the images, I don't know.  I guess it's possible that the some of them are used in the visualizations, but making your own effects won't be possible by editing the RCO.

topmenu_plugin.rco
The 1 or 2 extra page resources present in the 3.10 topmenu (which was what caused the problems) aren't present in the 3.30 topmenu, and the 3.30 topmenu's header is only 668 bytes longer than the 3.0x one (both unpacked), so yes, 3.30 OE will almost certainly be customizable :)
Interestingly, though, the icons in the 3.30 topmenu take up less space than the 3.0x topmenu Erk
Since topmenu's a large RCO, I'm too lazy to do any further investigation, but I can say that custom icons will most likely work on 3.30 :D
thanks for the info Zinga!
Now that is Great news :D

*patiently waits on DAX*
I like, now lets hope that the Dark Alex is really working on a new OE :)
thas great man i want to have custom topmenu!
Yay, thanks for the info.

Now when will DAX stike back! :yipi:
wow cool

can't wait for 3.03 OE :)
haha.

Oh, and thanks for the info buddy.
sweet i can't wait
dasme Wrote:wow cool

can't wait for 3.03 OE  

me too :drunk:
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Reference URL's