Endless Paradigm

Full Version: Plastic Memories
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Nooo. He's a fake, don't turn her in!!
EP Anime Club
Plastic Memories Episode 11 Discussion

Anime info, how to watch and previous episode discussion
The ending was very sweet, no question about that, it had me smiling a lot, haha. Curious to see how the last three episodes will unfold - there will be plenty more emotional scenes to come I'm sure, particularly the 'end of Isla' - they're not going to let that happen, surely?

I do feel better about this episode than the last one (which I didn't really like, if you couldn't tell). I'm still having trouble with the drama/comedy balance though, I feel like the bits of comedy are hurting the serious moods in the main storyline... it's hard to tell when a joke will be made out of scene, but that's been the nature of the show. It wouldn't be what it is without comedy but I wonder if they stripped it back more for this arc I would have more of an emotional connection with it.

Balancing drama and comedy is what KyoAni produced shows usually do very successfully, but then I don't think they have any equal, haha.

I do give the show points however, as Proper has pointed out, for the minimal fanservice the show has had, nice to see the show at least try to be entertaining without that trope.
This episode was hilarious and is literally what you would expect from its name, "Rice Omelette Day".

The drama has turned into sickly sweet romance - while the show has avoided some anime tropes it did not escape the completely unrealistic depiction of romance. Like the action elements of the Marcia arc the shallowness of the shows story is made obvious - it's a simple romcom with drama as seasoning - it looked like it was going to be interesting but really there's nothing much there. If you're willing to accept that (which I have by this point) the show is at least an entertaining watch. Its romance is sweet too, if absurd.

Yasutaka and manager Yamanobe though.. Hahaha
Spoiler for Poor Isla:
[Image: CHfWYcQWgAEtUhB.png:large]
S7* Wrote: [ -> ]there will be plenty more emotional scenes to come I'm sure, particularly the 'end of Isla' - they're not going to let that happen, surely?
My guess is that it may not be too different to all the collections they've done throughout the show.
After all, throughout the series, they've been preparing you for the moment, perhaps keeping some viewers with a slightly uneasy feeling of knowing how things are going to turn out (which is why they revealed her lifespan in episode 2 and even dropped hints about it in the first episode).
I suppose you could consider the whole show one big collection routine, although instead of satisfying the owner of the Giftia, it's about easing Isla's initial worries about her own death.

Or they could just troll you and end the show just before termination.  Nice way to keep everything in a happy mood, letting the audience imagine how the impending drama plays out.  As much as I'd like such an ending, I doubt it'll happen.

I just noticed, but interestingly, Isla's expression at the end of each opening sequence continues from the previous episode's.
EP Anime Club
Plastic Memories Episode 12 Discussion

Sorry for the super late thread folks, I've been away for the week! Back to normal now~!
EP Anime Club
Plastic Memories Episode 13 (End) Discussion

Well I've seen episode 12 and 13, and I'm going to keep tight-lipped on it until the episode 13 thread merge is done.
Nobody cares? :(
I couldn't make it past episode 4. Wasn't my cup of tea :/
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Reference URL's