Endless Paradigm

Full Version: S rank
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
So the A-F ranks make sense, where A > B > C etc.  Kinda like school grades.
But since when did S rank come out and S > A?  I've never heard of an S grade on tests, for example.

Does S stand for anything?

Actually, at my school, X was designated to be above A because they didn't want to use A+ for some reason
I have no idea.An A++ was the highest one could gain at my school.
The S-Rank originated in Japan. At one time, any grade under C was considered a failure, so some schools decided to add another letter to give more variation in grades and didn't want to copy the American A-B-C-D-F grading system, so instead opted for S-A-B-C-D.
Some believe the letter S was used because of the Japanese word "Shihan", or Expert.
I always thought S was like "Special" grade.
ProperBritish Wrote: [ -> ]I always thought S was like "Special" grade.
sounds like Super for me.
Ive heard of it through games. For example Metal Gear and such. Kuu's post makes sense.
S stands for Bullchocolate,.. :)

I had prefer alphabetical grades/ranking instead of the numerical ranking/grades XD where as s could be 0 or 11,..? Blur
i know it from DJMax, K-ON! Houkago Live, Project Diva, osu!, and pretty much any japanese performance based game. even bayonetta had it (and was so fudgeing harsh)
I've never heard of 'S' grade?
Pages: 1 2 3
Reference URL's