Endless Paradigm

Full Version: How about that windows 8?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
To everyone who has tried it, how is it?

Is it worth it to upgrade to, or is windows 7 still better?

From what I can tell in the previews I don't really like how oversimplified it seems... but maybe that is just me... or maybe the previews portray it in the wrong way...

Anyway,
I'd like to hear the thoughts and opinions of people who have tried it
I have it.
I don't mind it. Its um. annoying the metro thing. I wish i could just remove it.
Its just a pain after a while
Upgrade for it's simplicity and "performance improvement", else, I think touchscreen devices fit the upgrade.

I'd stick to 7 until they release much awesome OS.
I'm loving 8. Soo many needed changes. And I'm use to the metro start now.
Well Windows 8 is certainly not a bad OS but honestly if you have 7 there is little reason to upgrade if the new Metro UI is a annoyance to you. >.< It has some nice under-the-hood changes which makes everything a bit snappier and there are some convenience things like being able to pause file-transfers and a few upgraded UI parts but in my opinion at this current point you will only like it if you like Metro^^

Here are a few things I pulled off with early mods Gongxi

[Image: XAAeO.jpg]

[Image: 1jhUv.jpg]
Hmmm

The metro thing seems to annoy me, so I guess I'll stick with 7 for now...
if you don't want it, don't get it.

If i bought a Windows 8 computer, it'll be this
[Image: asus-600-tablet-runs-windows-rt-operatin...2012-0.jpg]
Christ, that's thin. AND NO PORTS WHATSOEVER.
My reasons for 8 were posted in another thread. Don't remember which. But native USB 3.0 support, UEFI support, and faster file copying. Metro grows on you. I never need to use the mouse to find a program since the new search is instant. Since in the Metro start menu, you can pin the application and leave all of the other junk out that you get in pre-8 start menu.
ie I have just StarCraft instead of StarCraft AND Map Editor AND License.rtf AND Readme.txt AND homepage.html. Steamlines things, makes it snappier. I couldn't understand why you would use Metro without a Touchscreen, but now I understand it and it works great.
^ Advantages seem mostly moot though.  Don't really see the advantage of native USB 3 over 3rd party drivers.  UEFI is just a thing to boot up your PC with - unless you want secure boot, I see little point.  Faster copying can be achieved with TeraCopy, which is probably way better than the Windows copy handler anyway.

I don't like how Metro integrates poorly with the standard desktop, ie you can't drag'n drop from Explorer to the Metro menu (at least I couldn't figure out how).

I say stick to 7 unless you like Metro.
Pages: 1 2 3
Reference URL's