Endless Paradigm

Full Version: iPhone DSLR Prototype 1.0
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Quote:Here are Photos/Pictures of my iPhone DSLR Prototype 1.0 This is my first attempt at putting together an iPhone DSLR. You might ask… Why pair an iPhone 3G, iPhone 3GS, or iPhone 4 with a DSLR lens? Why not!

Apple has updated its iPhone 4 camera and now has 5-megapixels still frames, HD video, and an LED flash. Put that together with a DSLR lens, and you’ve got a device that can shoot amazing images/video with SLR lenses, edit them on the fly, and share them on the internet all in one device.
[Image: iPhoneDSLR1C-1024x682.jpg]

[Image: iPhoneDSLR1B-1024x682.jpg]

[Image: iPhoneDSLR1A-1024x682.jpg]

Mount:
The mount currently fits only Canon EF lenses. Eventually, with the right adaptors, I should be able to fit Canon FD lenses, Nikon lenses, and M42 lenses.

Housing:
The housing is a solid piece of anodized billet aluminum. It weigths about 1.1 lbs, has two handle grips, and 4 x 1/4″-20 female threaded mounting holes so you can actually screw this thing into a standard tripod. The housing can fit any iPhone 3G, iPhone 3GS, or iPhone 4.

source

*Still pissed of that there's no camera for ipod tough yet.

very nice though Madwin
That's one nice camera :)
If anything. Cannon would 'borrow' this and make it their own. Ingenius ideal to make a camera phone into a "camera" phone. Jeebus... I smell a rich entrepreneur! I can see the commercials nowwww...
tha't is very cool!
i hope you have gotten patents before posting that online :P
Nice mount but I still think all it's doing is adding unnecessary glass for a more shallow DoF.
The image quality will not increase just because of the fact the stock lens on the iPhone is still there beneath the more expensive glass. picture looking through binoculars but between you and the binoculars is a foggy piece of glass.
diego Wrote: [ -> ]Nice mount but I still think all it's doing is adding unnecessary glass for a more shallow DoF.
The image quality will not increase just because of the fact the stock lens on the iPhone is still there beneath the more expensive glass. picture looking through binoculars but between you and the binoculars is a foggy piece of glass.

put binoculars in front of the lens of iphone...you get good pictures with good zoom..if you can keep your hands steady :-/
SchmilK Wrote: [ -> ]
diego Wrote: [ -> ]Nice mount but I still think all it's doing is adding unnecessary glass for a more shallow DoF.

put binoculars in front of the lens of iphone...you get good pictures with good zoom..if you can keep your hands steady :-/
Not necessarily, all it really does is add more zoom, not increase the quality of the photo.
diego Wrote: [ -> ]
SchmilK Wrote: [ -> ]

Not necessarily, all it really does is add more zoom, not increase the quality of the photo.

yes it adds more zoom...that's why I am looking through binoculars  o.O  because i want to photograph something too far for the standard lens to capture
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's