Endless Paradigm

Full Version: How to completely FORMAT your PSP's flash??
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Ok,

I messed up PSP and now I get

"Cannot Read Disk"  When I insert an UMD. So I can't even see it now, never shows up; the UMD tries to read and BOOM I get that error.

Ive tried EVERYTHING !! I tried :

1. Fixing the IDstorage Keys
2. formatting Flash1, with flash1 formater app.
3. reflashing 3.40
4. Going back to 1.5
5. going back to 3.40

NO LUCK.. I get "Cannot Read Disk"

My best guess is that one CORE file that controls the "UMD" is messed up  / faulty. And as you konw some files don't get deleted as the "IDstorage" keys, no matter if you downgrade or upgrade they'll be the same always. So theres one file messing up but I don't know which.

The thing is.. I need to COMPLETELY! 100% format my Psp's flash and install everything  NEW.

How can I do that??  if not ?? My psp is dead right?  

By the way I never dropped my psp, I didnt even changed the UMD at all.... I really never do I play via Mem Stick..

Thanks
Well, if you did format the whole internal flash, you'd have a brick.

It sounds like a hardware problem more than anything else.
your laser is toast.
Have you tried different umds that do work on other psps? Did this start all of the sudden, like after you dropped your psp from a 10 storey building or something? Have you got any warranty?

as far as I know the OE flasher actually does format your flash0 so that won't sole your problem
maybe install 303OE-C....
No guys, I never dropped the PSP, nor hit it, nor a THING, actually i never play my umds... I have two games in my mem stick and Ive been playing them for LONGGGGGGGGG. It just happened... The psp is like 5 months old no wararnty at all. v_v.

I ran Idstorage manager, and after I ran this app 'everything got messed up" that's why this is not 'hardware related'.

One thing I don't get is that I can't play my "ISOS" either anymore.. Which makes me think its a FILE somewhere in my flash that is causing all of this after I ran ID Storage Manager.
That's why I need to format and install every single FILE the psp's flash has..  Is there a way to ???

One thing I Notice is that Im missing some icons under my GAME TAB:

I only have 3 icons :S

Game Sharing
saved Date Utility
Memery stick

Weren't there MORE?? :S:S where the UPDATE one and stuff. That means a FILE Is even messing those icons up. My psp is NOW fresh installed from 1.5 to 3.40.. meaning I have nothing custom. ALL STOCK!
Usually reflashing firmware does that... Cause u can't just format ur flash cause it won't do anything afterwards--brick.

also i don't suppose its something in flash2 or flash3..

did you customise anything at all after reflashing? Did you try umds in fw1.50?
it seems something wrong with you idstorage key on umd...
did you turn off your umd drive? or your PSP is just weird.
Is your No-UMD on?
yes I tried playing UMDs on 1.5 and I got the very same error.   Well as soon as I entered XMB I got it, you know the UMD plays automatically.. so it did show up. Its a pop up, that happens with 3.40 as well. I just turn on my psp and BOOM that shows up.

I didnt reflash any custom thing after reflashing, since im trying to get this working i left it stock. @ Ge64

And yes i turned off "Use no UMD" and I also enabled it.. AND NO LUCK.

I'm like amazed .. I can't believe theres no fix for this... That's why i need to like format flash from SCRATCH.. from the core.. I don't know .. something like that.

I think I just lost my psp UMD feature. What about the MISSING ICONS?? I have only 3.... and also I can't play ISOS....

would someone confirm the "ICOns" ?? theres no way I would get 3 icons, UMD does not show up but that's only one.. what about the rest? :S
Pages: 1 2 3
Reference URL's