Endless Paradigm

Full Version: iPhone 3G Official And Cheap
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Gizmodo Wrote:Just now at WWDC, Steve Jobs confirmed the long-rumored iPhone 3G, which is what he actually called it. It hits stores in the US and over 70 other countries on July 11th. Here it will costs $199 for the 8GB version, and $299 for the 16GB one (in black and white).

Here are the additional key details, plus the official press release from Apple:

Key Features:
Charcoal Back
Solid Metal Buttons
Same 3.5" Display
Camera
Flush Headphone Jack
Dramatically Improved Audio

3G Advantage
Showing a EDGE vs 3G comparison loading a webpage, 3G took 21 seconds. EDGE...waiting...waiting...uhh...59 seconds! Same phone, same location. 2.8X faster - and they claim loads webpages faster than Nokia N95 (33 seconds) or Treo 750 (34 seconds).

Battery Life
10 hours 2G talk time
5 hours 3G talk time
5-6 hours of high-speed browsing
24 hours of audio playback

And GPS!

And it's coming to 70 countries over the "next several months."

More Affordable
$199 for 8GB

$299 for 16GB (which also comes in white)

Coming July 11th

Here are the countries getting it on July 11th
[Image: lucky-22-iphone-3g.jpg]

And here are the other countries getting it within the next year
[Image: remaining-iphone-3gers.jpg]
If you want to see the entire press release, just go to the source page.

Anyhoo, I think I may in fact get one of these soon after they come out. I thought they were gonna be a LOT more expensive. But $300 for the 16GB phone? I'm sold.

Source: Gizmodo
fudgeing i'd buy that striaght away, i hope its the same price in the UK
ya ill get it 2 so hopefully itll b that prie here in ireland 2!!
Good news: Both of your countries will get it for that price on July 11 :D

And here are the other countries getting it within the next year

[Image: remaining-iphone-3gers.jpg]
metalgear08 Wrote:Good news: Both of your countries will get it for that price :D

you better hope so...... or else........Ahh
Nacos Wrote:you better hope so...... or else........Ahh

Worry not, as Jobs himself said so :D
great 1 month to raise £150... lets do this.
dang...im so spoiled by my AT&T Tilt's nice slide out keyboard and gps and all hte software i need...

my boss is getting one for sure..maybe I'll be able to as well...i just can't stand typing on the keyboard for the few times I've had to deal with fixing this one ladies iphone...but..like anything, im sure I'll get used to it eventualy.
YAY if they get released in july ill go buy 3 of them as soon as they hit the stores
WOW!
I might actually bother getting an Iphone, now that it is made readily available in New Zealand

Now i just have to save meh' money......
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Reference URL's