Help with making themes
rco & prx file editing
Gadget
ɯƃıpɐɹɐd ssǝןpuǝ

Threads: 69
E-Pigs: 63.3012
Help with making themes
Ok, I have a few questions if I may...Everywhere I search eventually leads me back to this site, like it is the best source for my type of questions...These questions are all regarding editing rco & prx files.  

Questions:

1) How can I make a theme with all my icons bigger like the sonic .ctf theme I have seen here?  Those icons are full size, I mean they are at a height of 272 with a limited width...Can I also justify these icons so they align to the right, left, or center of the psp screen?  I am making a theme currently & I got one icon about half the size of the psp but if I upload anymore into the topmenu_icon.rco it will not show on the psp?

2) This question is regarding the system_plugin.rco.  Within this file I found you can edit the "[GIM] tex_optionmenu_base". Here I am able to load a pic that shows when you access the option menu.  I have only gotten this to work if I make the pic size 479(width)*272(heigth); however, when I overwrite the file in my flash0 to test it...Some of my icons disappear?  And when I make the file a smaller size like 115(width)*272(height) the pic looks soooo distorted on my psp when I access the option menu & the whole pic doesn't show in the option menu...Am I missing a step?

3) My last questions topic regards the "vshmain.prx" & "paf.prx".  From what I understand from researching is that the vshmain will allow you to change the xmb font color & the paf will allow you to re-locate psp icons & text on your xmb.  Please correct me if I am wrong.  I have found a pre-edited vshmain.prx & paf.prx that put my subtext in a different text color & relocated my sub text not main text & it relocated my icons to show only one at a time.  Now what I need to do from here is move my icons so that they are more left justified & I really want my main text to be a different color besides white & if possible also move the main text.  Now can I re-edit these prx's & how?  F.Y.I. I have not modified prx's before I just search for ones to use but I have came to a point where I need to know how.

I know it seems like a lot but I hope to become a great theme maker for the psp scene so I need to learn as much as I can & any help will be GREATLY appreciated!!!  My main problem is that I Google for my answers & it seems most of the posts are old & outdated for instance some threads with tutorials still posted still refer to the "nodule" folder which is NO more on our current CFW's...

So if you can help in any way, please do...I have no problem reading if there are updated tut's you can send me towards....Thank you Endlessparadigm users!!!

PSN: Brick_Factory

Spoiler for sigpic:
[Image: 157nb04.png]
Spoiler for NeCr0-B0T:
Necro-Bot
Necro may refer to:
    * necro-, the Greek prefix meaning death
Bot or BOT or similar may refer to:
    * Internet bot, computer program which does automated tasks
    * Botnet, network of "zombie" computers used to carry out automated tasks such as spamming
24/04/2008 09:14 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Vegetano1
$urf

Threads: 397
E-Pigs: 2756.6280
RE: Help with making themes
hello,... welcome @ EP,. ;)

1 Sonic Theme was made by me,. ;p,. i had an idee to make large icons,. but as you experienced some will not show if you use to large icons,..
So i made icons with resolution wich made it posible for the XMB to show all 6 main icons and then i edited the stretch size in the data page of the topmenu_plugin.rco,.. but,... this means the whole XMB will be stretched,. so i had to resize all submenu's text's in,.. i think its paf.prx,.

2 the infobar(tex_optionmenu_base) is connected to 6 main icons XMB ram,.. if you lost icons you can try to make the infobar smaller so it gets stretched,. normal size is 144x272,.. if you already are missing icons,. well then adding an infobar is not a good idee,. by the way you have to use the commengui.prx to get the resolution you need for the infobar,.
there is a different infobar picture used for the theme selection menu/infobar wich is in the sysconfg_plugin.rco this involves some editing to in the rco and commengui to make this menu to work as 1 infobar instead of 2,.. the second 1 apearing with "aplly/delete" best is to find a commengui and a sysconfg from a other theme the way you like the theme menu to be,..

3 if you want to make a great theme you should probebly learn yourself to how to hexedit or use Gui's for 3.90 vshmain go here:
http://endlessparadigm.com/forum/showthr...p?tid=9074
for other firmware version's go here:
http://endlessparadigm.com/forum/showthr...p?tid=4529

if you want to change the offsets in a prx file yourself you need "hexedit workshop" and ythen you can find offsets for different firmware's here:
http://endlessparadigm.com/forum/forumdi...php?fid=36

sofar,. hope this helps!

this is no cake,. ;p

you have any screenshots of the theme your making!?
You can always send me your rco's/prx files and i will take a look if you want something changed,..

Make loads of $$!! it wurks!!
[Image: csbanner_anim_03.gif]
Signed Homebrew by bsanehi & OMightyBuggy
http://endlessparadigm.com/forum/showthr...?tid=25707
Spoiler for My miniBlog:
(This post was last modified: 25/04/2008 12:26 AM by Vegetano1.)
25/04/2008 12:24 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
vinrose67
GAS

Threads: 97
E-Pigs: 54.2375
keep it up bro v1. your nice!

vinrose67 Signature

[Image: PSPAddictSignature.png]
25/04/2008 07:54 PM
Gadget
ɯƃıpɐɹɐd ssǝןpuǝ

Thank you for your response, I do appreciate it! So promptly as well.. ; )  Your the person I want to be talking to that sonic theme you've made is sweet!!! I am working on a Stacey Keibler theme...It started as a request for a friend & now I want to learn more!!!  You can call me your apprentice if that's ok with you!  From viewing your work it seems you can answer all my questions.!

First to comment on is what you said here..."if you already are missing icons,. well then adding an infobar is not a good idee,. by the way you have to use the commengui.prx to get the resolution you need for the infobar,."

I think I am missing icons because I have to make my info bar sooo big to show if I make it the size it is suppose to be it magnifies it & only have the pic show...It is soo distorted but when it is in this state my icons show backup, I will take the "commengui.prx" out of a theme that has a info bar pic that way the settings should work, right?

I want to learn how to hex edit but I really have only redirected gameboots & simply modifications like that to other prx through the hex editor...So for the vshmain.prx I went to look at the link you gave me for "VSHmain Editor 3.90 v1.0" and every time I open it up I get an error I uploaded a pic for you to view...  :

[Image: 6fob4n.jpg]

Now why do I get this message? Please tell me it is not vista related...This looks so much easier to use then hex editor...

Next, I don't know all the terminology yet but referring to your comment here:"if you want to change the offsets in a prx file yourself you need "hexedit workshop" and then you can find offsets for different firmware's here:"

Do you mean by offsets moving stuff around the xmb such as icons & menu text?  I do want to learn how to do that.  That is one of the main things I want to learn!

I uploaded some pics so you can see what my first theme is & how I am trying to modify it...If you want I can give you the flash0 files or the CTF if you want it...Below is 1st theme I made

[Image: sbtq14.gif]

Now below is myself trying to modify the rco files even more...
[Image: r1g10x.jpg]
[Image: v4cbib.gif]

Here I am trying to make the icons scroll & show one at a time & I have found the prx's that allow me to do so...But as you see the one icon it is way bigger then it needs to be to give the appearance as it is left justified, I made a bigger pic that was transparent & put the icon all the way to the left hand side...Therefore it is taking more of my psp's ram & I can not use anymore icons that size however if I crop the icon to show for just the icon size the main xmb text goes right over the icon.  But this is the size I wish to have my 6 icons...:( Is there a way I can achieve this like you did with your Sonic theme?  I don't want it full screen size but I do want theme bigger then they are...

What do you think of my first attempts of theme making?  I know I am asking such a lot but I hope to be a big contributor to the scene like yourself!  THANK YOU,

EDIT:
As you also see my white main text blends in...Is this possible to change colors? Are these offsets as well?

Spoiler for sigpic:
Spoiler for NeCr0-B0T:
Necro-Bot
Necro may refer to:
    * Botnet, network of "zombie" computers used to carry out automated tasks such as spamming
(This post was last modified: 25/04/2008 09:34 PM by Gadget.)
25/04/2008 08:06 PM
vinrose67
GAS

oooooooooooooh nice! just like my ultimate sexy killer theme.

use RCO EDITOR by bro Z! to stretch your icons on TOPMENU_ICON.RCO under PAGE DATA TAB.

vinrose67 Signature

(This post was last modified: 26/04/2008 07:57 AM by vinrose67.)
25/04/2008 11:28 PM
Gadget
ɯƃıpɐɹɐd ssǝןpuǝ

vinrose67 Wrote:oooooooooooooh nice! just like my ultimate sexy killer theme.

use RCO EDITOR by bro Z! to stretch your icons on TOPMENU_ICON.RCO under PAFE DATA TAB.

I can't find this "RCO EDITOR by bro Z" I have googled everywhere & just ZiNgA BuRgA's shows up in search engines...Can you upload it?

Also using my icons as .png file types, will this take up more of the psp's ram?

Spoiler for sigpic:
Spoiler for NeCr0-B0T:
Necro-Bot
Necro may refer to:
26/04/2008 06:18 AM
vinrose67
GAS

go here bro all the possible tools you need for theming: power theme tools

vinrose67 Signature

26/04/2008 08:00 AM