Announcement

Method
You may call me Reverend.

The Cyclesexualist
Telegraph Newspaper Wrote:Man who had sex with bicycle sentenced

By Auslan Cramb, Scottish Correspondent
Last Updated: 2:48am GMT 15/11/2007

A "cycle-sexualist" caught half-naked in a compromising position with his bicycle has been put on probation for three years.
# Bryony Gordon: Bicycle sex - the final instalment
# Hope for 'tree-man' who grew roots
# Man marries dog in repentance over past cruelty

Robert Stewart's unlikely perversion has been analysed in chat rooms around the world after he was caught by two cleaners who walked in on him in a hostel room.

Robert Stewart: Sentenced for 'bike sex'
Robert Stewart arrives at court

The 51-year-old was naked from the waist down and when the women opened the door he paused only to ask, "What is it, hen?", before continuing to "move his hips back and forth as if to simulate sex".

The police were called and at a hearing last month Mr Stewart was placed on the sex offenders' register after admitting a sexual breach of the peace.

The case has prompted criticism of "loony British laws", but he ended up in court because the "shocked" cleaners said they had knocked repeatedly before opening the door.

At Ayr sheriff court on the west coast of Scotland today, Mr Stewart was sentenced for the rare offence and for a separate breach of the peace charge for threatening a member of staff in a hostel in the town.
advertisement
Click to learn more...

The court was told that alcohol was the cause of his problems, and he was placed under the supervision of a social worker and warned that if he re-offended he would be sent to prison.

Sheriff Colin Miller added: "In almost four decades in the law I thought I had come across every perversion known to mankind, but this is a new one on me. I have never heard of a 'cycle-sexualist'. "

Mr Stewart, an unemployed bachelor, has described the incident as a misunderstanding caused by too much drink, and said claims that he was having sex with the bike were "a load of rubbish".

His solicitor Gerry Tierney described his client as a "sad little man" who was trying to tackle his drink problem.

He added: "When the cleaners came in, he thought he was having fun with them. He does not think it is funny any more, and he has had to move home three times because he has been targeted because of the offence."
# Man tries to remove wheel with shotgun
# Old 'leeches' drive wedge through golf clubs

Mr Stewart's exploits have also earned him multiple dishonourable mentions on the internet.

After the story appeared on Telegraph.co.uk, it spread to Canada, the USA, South Africa and Australia.

On chat forums north and south of the equator participants continue to ponder some of the issues raised by the case.

Has the bicycle in question been taken into protective custody, asked one?

Other contributors wanted to know if he had been eXx1l3d from bike sheds in his hometown of Ayr, whether the bicycle in question was over 16 years old, and exactly what sex with a bicycle involves.

But answers came there none today as Mr Stewart left court with his head bowed and sought to hurry out of the limelight.

Only in Scotland.

Source

[Image: mvg1hw.gif]
01/04/2008 02:23 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user

View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe to this thread |

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average