Method
You may call me Reverend.

Threads: 443
E-Pigs: 71.2376
RE: Pandora's Battery?
See I just gave you rep :)

[Image: mvg1hw.gif]
20/03/2008 12:03 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Azumi
浜崎あゆみ

Threads: 175
E-Pigs: 41.7781
hardmodding a battery is not hard lol.. don't let people tell you what to do without researching it properly..... all you do is open the battery and break the 5th pin off.. i found a picture of exactly that...
[Image: IMG_1622-1.jpg]
bad thing is the battery is stuck on service mod... i have heard of people saying they turned them back from service mode but ive never gotten that to work....
here some easy instruction on how to hardmod a battery..
1)Take your knife/exact knife and CAREFULLY open your battery
2)once done, look for the connecter labled (ICO4 or CO4) (depending on your battery)
3)Next take your needle/safety pin and CAREFULLY remove the 5th pin (the pins start from the bottom left and up. So pin 5 should be the bottom one on the right.....depending on how you hold your battery.)
4)Put you battery back together (and if you want, glue it back on)

so buy another battery and hard mod it and just keep the battery put up for a rainy day.... glue it back together and you can still use it... just don't have the MS inserted.... but i would not use a slim battery.. get a cheap one from any retail store.. and make the Magic MS in XP and your good to go

[Image: azumigiftcopy-1.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 20/03/2008 12:45 PM by Azumi.)
20/03/2008 12:39 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Anger
Angered Observer (0).(0)

Threads: 4
E-Pigs: 5.4993
one word of advice - use a guitar pick - if you puncture the battery (like i did) your battery could explode when charged.
its far to easy to damage the battery as its just really a thin metal casing around the actual battery and that casing contains a gas that keeps the battery cool. when you puncture the battery you get a puff of smoke then you can more or less say goodbye to the battery. trust me - its not worth it. one other thing - that picture shows the componenets as huge but they are incredibly small - add that to the fact that if you short pin 5 to pin 6 your battery will probably overheat and again explode. i decided it was not worth it when i pnctured the battery and saw the size of the leg, it is up to you but that's my personal opinion.

Always remember - Google is your friend :)

[Image: avatar_416_482669e4.jpg]
20/03/2008 03:38 PM
Method
You may call me Reverend.

Threads: 443
E-Pigs: 71.2376
^ Yeah but use a thick one otherwise it will break, but good idea Anger^

[Image: mvg1hw.gif]
20/03/2008 03:43 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Azumi
浜崎あゆみ

Threads: 175
E-Pigs: 41.7781
Anger Wrote:one word of advice - use a guitar pick - if you puncture the battery (like i did) your battery could explode when charged.
its far to easy to damage the battery as its just really a thin metal casing around the actual battery and that casing contains a gas that keeps the battery cool. when you puncture the battery you get a puff of smoke then you can more or less say goodbye to the battery. trust me - its not worth it. one other thing - that picture shows the componenets as huge but they are incredibly small - add that to the fact that if you short pin 5 to pin 6 your battery will probably overheat and again explode. i decided it was not worth it when i pnctured the battery and saw the size of the leg, it is up to you but that's my personal opinion.

that all completely true! the part on the pic wit the word wrote over it it very delicate... do not puncture it or good bye battery.... maybe i should have said its easy for me because ive done it before and things like that are easy for me lol.... and never let the pins touch each other it will short out your battery also makig it garbage.. break it off very carefully

[Image: azumigiftcopy-1.jpg]
20/03/2008 05:23 PM
Anger
Angered Observer (0).(0)

Threads: 4
E-Pigs: 5.4993
well i can't take credit for the idea - i broke my ipod doing the same thing, opening it with a knife, and after i had fixed it i found a guide recomending to use a guitar pick. but thanks anyway - it is a very usefull thing to have even if you don't touch guitars, lol.

Always remember - Google is your friend :)

[Image: avatar_416_482669e4.jpg]
20/03/2008 05:24 PM