Progress?
Ge64
Former Admin ;)

Threads: 295
E-Pigs: 108.4795
Progress?
Woo! At about 7:30 AM today I finished my Maths coursework that I had planned to do on the weekend. Now I can never stand more than an hour of maths at a time so I waste half of all my lessons. This time though, I got home at 16:30 and started working at 16:50, ate dinner from about 18:00 to 19:20 and really got back to work again. I was looking for this one really hard formula which shouldn't be so hard, then after about 5 hours I realised iwasdoinitrong and making no sense. So around about midnight I was still at a third of all the work, and I had actually already done some work before, so I had done nothing. Realising that I started slipping into the tired mess of 'ill ask for an extension' or something, and started chatting and complaining to friends who were all in the same situation.

The only thing that kept me from saying 'fudge it' was caffeine and a letter that I found that threatened I might fail my diploma if I don't hand the stuff in on time (which i know is mostly bullchocolate by the way). I then decided to sleep for 90 minutes, setting both my alarm clock and my phone (I ended up needing that). At 2:20 I woke up and felt very rested, and worked happily for more than 3 hours until I took a break to shower and eat breakfast.

The big thing here is that when I went to bed I had a plan, and I was optimistic about it. Having realised all this spoon I had been breaking my head on was useless, I just told myself I'd just skip it and do the work and it would all be fine, and that worked.

So, usually in this situation, up to now, I would just give up after a few hours of work and still postpone this last moment task to the next day somehow, hoping the teacher would forget or something. Now, even though I still did end up doing it at the last moment, I got it done and I got it done at home (last time I was still working on it all day at school and the school printer fudgeed it up), with time to spare to do my less important work. So in a sense, I've done well :D

[Image: ub1985584.jpg]
10/03/2008 05:21 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Assassinator

Threads: 176
E-Pigs: 140.8363
RE: Progress?
Ge64 Wrote:I then decided to sleep for 90 minutes, setting both my alarm clock and my phone (I ended up needing that). At 2:20 I woke up and felt very rested, and worked happily for more than 3 hours until I took a break to shower and eat breakfast.

I used to do stuff like that.

... Except for the "worked happily" bit.  Hihi i hate it.

I'm the kind of guy who slacks of and leaves stuff till the last second, and this leaves me in situations like that quite often. Feel sleepy, but HAVE to get the thing done = go sleep for 2 hours and keep going.

Ge64 Wrote:So, usually in this situation, up to now, I would just give up after a few hours of work and still postpone this last moment task to the next day somehow, hoping the teacher would forget or something. Now, even though I still did end up doing it at the last moment, I got it done and I got it done at home (last time I was still working on it all day at school and the school printer fudgeed it up), with time to spare to do my less important work. So in a sense, I've done well :D

Hihi

Your the closest person I can find to my self in terms of working habits.

Most my friends are really keen, and get their assignments and stuff done like 1 week after getting it (wee usually have around 3 weeks). I on the other hand, probably haven't even started when they've already finished.

Ge64 Wrote:(last time I was still working on it all day at school and the school printer fudgeed it up)

I used to skip classes at school to do assignments a lot too. And sometimes end up staying at school till like 6pm so i can hand it in on the day, rather than the next day.

Really bad habits, but really hard to get out of.
(This post was last modified: 10/03/2008 06:09 PM by Assassinator.)
10/03/2008 06:07 PM
Ge64
Former Admin ;)

Threads: 295
E-Pigs: 108.4795
RE: Progress?
Yeah, i know what you mean. That's what I'm trying to do now though, and it'll take time but I think with this one small step of actually getting something done I'll get there eventually :P

By the way, I did skip maths today. I went and handed in my assignment, said I wasn't going to be there for the lesson (doctor's appointment) and left. Actually I had called my mom asking if she could make me an appointment for that time (I need one anyway but it isn't urgent) but she couldn't, so I reminded her she needed to find me a suit for this formal Business competition on thursday and she purposed to go buy one :O so I said, ok in an hour and so that's what I did during Maths :D I is got a suit! And shoes that aren't nikes!

[Image: ub1985584.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 10/03/2008 11:50 PM by Ge64.)
10/03/2008 11:50 PM