I broke my broken iPod and my plans for the weekend
Ge64
Former Admin ;)

Threads: 295
E-Pigs: 108.4795
I broke my broken iPod and my plans for the weekend
Mornin'

As I might have told you, I took out my iPod nano yesterday. It's 8GB and 2nd gen, so I wanted to use it as a flash drive to install ubuntu on instead of the harddrive. A few months ago, after I had just got it, my mom washed it and it was broken for a while but healed itself. But then the center button stopped working. Being pissed at the messed-up outer case and screen and the fact that now the center button didn't work, making it quite useless, I rejected it and left it lying in a heap of mess. My heart was broken.

Now though, it seems to have healed itself again and the center button now works quite reliably if you press on it at a certain angle. I think with some use this might even improve. But nevertheless, I was going to use it as a harddrive so I went into my trusted mac terminal and formatted the hell out of it. Well, linux ended up not supporting the block size of the flash memory or something, so I gave up on it and decided to use the ipod for music again. Or so I thought.

Apparantly, the iPod software is stored in the flash memory and not a seperate firmware memory somewhere. Repartitioning the ipod had cleared this, and all that was left is a very basic ROM firmware that tells me to restore the iPod in iTunes. After having clicked accept to the terms of iTunes against my will, this then told me there was an unknown error while restoring my iPod. It's probably got to do with the fact that iTunes is too stupid to try and repartition my iPod the way it should be, and that I was too stupid to make an image of it before I destroyed it. Now I'm going to have to wait for some expert to reply to my forum topic and hopefully get it working, cause I don't feel like sending it to apple.

That aside, I have a lot of stuff to do next week so I have to do some work this weekend. I've already slept away most of saturday, and Sunday wee will spend half the day going hiking, so there's not much time left to do something like installing ubuntu. Here's a to-do list:

- Business project: decide what I'm going to do now that my teacher rejected my previous plan
- Maths coursework: I need to finish this but it's pretty annoying
- French folder: My teacher will kill me if I don't bring this now. It'll take time though
- Philosophy homework: Read some poo poo

And that's that. It should take me at least about 2 + 5 + 2 + 1 = 10 hours :( doesn't look good...

[Image: ub1985584.jpg]
07/03/2008 10:48 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Shady
Sometimes when poo, I hungry

Threads: 472
E-Pigs: 508.0987
RE: I broke my broken iPod and my plans for the weekend
i still don't know how to change theme for blob pages

(09/06/2011 06:25 AM)S7* Wrote:  Spambots are strange, mysterious creatures.
07/03/2008 11:11 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Chroma
Chromatic Nutjob

Threads: 435
E-Pigs: 40.2135
lol@blob pages.

And that sucks. I remember that thread last summer, and how you were amazed that it survived the wash.

PSN ID: Chroma3000
My Steam Page
ADD ME
superdouche Wrote:
TheGuy Wrote:
superdouche Wrote:You need at least an 8 inch penis, that's what I heard.
Man, if I had 8 inches, I would find a better use for it :P
Like what, pushing elevator buttons?
(This post was last modified: 07/03/2008 11:17 PM by Chroma.)
07/03/2008 11:17 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Shady
Sometimes when poo, I hungry

Threads: 472
E-Pigs: 508.0987
you lie Ge64 i can not find any where to change the theme, you must show me

pm me

(09/06/2011 06:25 AM)S7* Wrote:  Spambots are strange, mysterious creatures.
08/03/2008 10:30 AM
Ge64
Former Admin ;)

Threads: 295
E-Pigs: 108.4795
*®$нд∂¥©* Wrote:you lie Ge64 i can not find any where to change the theme, you must show me

pm me

its in admin cp ;)

[Image: ub1985584.jpg]
09/03/2008 04:57 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply