This week blows
Ge64
Former Admin ;)

Threads: 295
E-Pigs: 108.4795
This week blows
It's almost wednesday already and I haven't posted yet.

Let's see what happened. Monday I had Careers, which is just a lame session of some old fart spitting at us about higher education. I was here last year for half of it and I can tell you his life must be pretty boring, I can just tell you exactly what's going to happen as soon as he starts the lesson cause its the same every year apparantly :P Quite useless. Then, I had umm French, which wasn't bad, but because of the chocolatety English essay I had had to hand in I didn't have time (this time I really didn't 'have time') to do any of the homework.

So after that, I was supposed to have Business. It's one of my strong subjects but there's a lot going on and I hadn't done anything, and the teacher was definitely not going to put up with it again. I also still hadn't finished my English to my satisfaction yet, so I decided for the first time this schoolyear to actually just skip it and go to the library to do English. It was a bit tense because I ran into a classmate at the toilet and I had said I was at the dentist's, but I ended up getting away with it anyway.

As I finished my english and managed to print it on time (I had to change my password, AND add value to my printer card) I went to hand it in but the friggin teacher wasn't there, so I just put it on her desk.

Tuesday, I had English, and it was still there. Oh well. So I had English which was obviously boring. Wee're doing Oedipus Rex now which is a fudgeing unbelievable piece of spoon to read because wee had to go with the retarded Shakespeare-type translation rather than a usable one. nothing happened. Then lunch, and as I got up to go to Physics my back broke again. I get this every so often, Ive had it about 4 times in the last year. It lasts for days or weeks and basicly there's something in my back, I don't notice it at all until randomly it just stabs me and I sort of, drop.

It probably has to do with sitting too much and dragging around heavy bags (but my bag isn't really heavy, I barely take anything to school). Physics sucked balls cause i kept collapsing randomly and I can't sit or stand or whatever and I just wanted to lie down and stay that way until it's over (but even that doesn't really work). Though, I won't be going on too much about how I should 'move' more and sit less for now, cause I'm busy getting my school act together.

So, tomorrow's wednesday, and it's my dad's birthday. I'm 'giving' him a 750GB external harddrive he wanted, and paid for, but I had to go and get, and Top Gear the mag. I actually spent an hour in the friggin bookstore but there really wasn't anything nice to get him. He doesn't have time for books anyway.

Besides that, I've got Business, Maths and umm Philosophy at school. Thursday there's this inter-school business conference thingy that should be all big and important, so I'm just gna concentrate some stuff on that rather than do useless other stuff for business. I missed last lesson so if I at least catch up with some stuff she should be pleased. I have to do a project involving a real business problem as well, and I just got back from discussing it with my contact, so that's a good thing too. Philosophy was just some exercises which I'll have to look into or do on my way to school (I have a 25 minute ferry ride and a 20 minute bus ride).

For Maths I'm actually pretty much behind, so there's no use catching up on that now. Wee'll just be working in class anyway so that's a problem I can postpone till maybe easter holiday if I'm lucky, though there may be a test before that that I need to tackle.

But there's more going on. Today wee also got our predicted grades, or well sort of. Actually, our tutor is a lazy pocky and cbf reading through an enormously unorganised list of them so he's going to try and do it another way, so wee don't have the grades yet. It's basicly fiction anyway, they're based entirely on past grades and some iq test wee did or something.

This Friday, wee have to hand in our Extended Essay topics officially. I've had a month to think about this, and I have, but I can't come up with anything. EE is basicly an extra task you do outside your subjects but it's about something that has to do with one of your subjects. It's a pretty big project and involves primary research and stuff, and should be very formal and specific. My subject is Physics, which was my first choice be cause I like almost everything about it and it covers almost anything I'm interested in anyway. I should have chosen maths I think, because I've ran into some cool examples of that that I could have used.

Basically (oh, so that's how you spell that), I need to make up a very specific topic, that is doable in the sense that the research can be done with the materials the school has, is specific in the sense that it's not something like 'thermodynamics', and I then have to formulate it very literally, after I submit it I can't change any words anymore. Now that I'm saying this I think I have an idea about what I could do, but I'm not sure if it really interests me so much: the effects of a body of liquid on temperature change. Now that I'm thinking about it though, it is quite specific, wee've covered some of the theory, it has good real-world applications, and it's quite doable. If anyone has any ideas at all though I'd be very interested in hearing them to inspire me.

So, basicly this week sucks balls, and has sucked balls up till now anyway. It's not that bad but it is one of the more busy weeks this term at least. I just took a peek in my school diary thing and my easter holiday starts wednesday the 18th or 19th, whatever it is, and ends the 31st. Wee'll be on holiday to China for 7 days, so that leaves only 4 days to do stuff, most of which I won't be doing stuff as usual. So, contradicting what I just said, I'm going to try to get most my stuff planned and sorted by then, and actually use those 4 days to catch up on EVERYTHING so that I should have no more problems afterwards, and I can be happy about a holiday for the first time in years :)

Lets see how that goes.

[Image: ub1985584.jpg]
04/03/2008 06:44 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Ge64
Former Admin ;)

RE: This week blows
This week and next week just started sucking even more.

I have a few important things besides normal homework going on:
Extended Essay
Business coursework
Maths coursework
English courseworks

English I am still postponing but I'll have to deal with it sooner or later
As for Extended Essay, I'm really going to be screwed soon. I need to have formulated a topic by friday, and I can't really think of anything I want to do.

Business coursework. Well, I thought I was on the right track cause i caught up with it yesterday. I had business lesson today, and basically the idea is that wee apply all our theories and stuff to a real-world business problem. The thing that my teacher pointed out and wasn't so happy with, is that the organisation I chose to work with is a non-profit organisation, so almost all the stuff I would be able to do wouldn't apply, and I probably can't write 5000 intelligent words about it. So now I have to find another company fast as fudge, but it's not going to be easy to get rid of the old organisation either because I said I would fix their problem.

Maths coursework, well wee had Maths again today and it was the last lesson wee work on the coursework in class, it's due in tuesday anyway (wee only got 2 firrigin weeks!). I just found out that what I had done last and first lesson was mostly wrong, and didn't really get much further. It's hard too.

So, I'm screwed sort of.

[Image: ub1985584.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 05/03/2008 12:56 AM by Ge64.)
05/03/2008 12:23 AM
beaner2k6
∞©∞

Threads: 62
E-Pigs: 73.7237
dude I'm not gonna lie to you, but i honestly cannot read past like the first 2 paragraphs, just seeing that much stuff written about school, it just makes me hate school more than i already do

[Image: beaner2k6.jpg]
[Image: 218ohu.jpg]
[Image: newbitmapimage3aj5.png]
[Image: beaner2k6.png]
05/03/2008 01:19 AM
Ge64
Former Admin ;)

Wahahaa [sarcasm]really????[/sarcasm]