Sunday the second
ZiNgA BuRgA
Smart Alternative

Threads: 1,174
E-Pigs: 446.0333
RE: Sunday the second
Wow, accurate planning :P
I have plans, but they're very general... >_>

Especially with work - I can never really predict how long I'll spend on it (I tend to get side tracked too much, so I mingle work with other stuff).
02/03/2008 05:44 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Ge64
Former Admin ;)

Threads: 295
E-Pigs: 108.4795
I'll post more later, but for now I haven't really sticked to the plan. Again.

Its 22:00 and I have barely finished the essay, well at least I say that I'm finished. I have 1084 words and the minimum is 1350, but oh well, it doesn't make any sense anyway so I bet the examiner won't mind me keeping it short (lol). Dinner took long cause wee watched a movie and then I just couldn't think of anything more to write, which brought be to MSN and stuff for a while. I still haven't done French, but I can say I had too much other stuff going on so whatever. Not exactly what I wanted though.

ZiNgA BuRgA Wrote:Wow, accurate planning :P
I have plans, but they're very general... >_>

Especially with work - I can never really predict how long I'll spend on it (I tend to get side tracked too much, so I mingle work with other stuff).

If I don't plan it this accurate, then I won't ever stick to it :P Usually I just plan in my head and don't include times or anything, but it never works out.

[Image: ub1985584.jpg]
02/03/2008 07:19 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Assassinator

Threads: 176
E-Pigs: 140.8363
Ge64 Wrote:Some of my friends are deciding to leave too. Our school switched completely from A Levels to IB for the last two years, so there's no choice. I actually chose IB because A levels only lets you have 3 or 4 subjects. In Holland, the normal system at the level I was doing it (VWO) you get heaps of subjects, I had 8 I think. So the Dutch unis want something similar. I would need at least maths, probably physics, and english and dutch. In Holland the requirements are at least Dutch, English, and a third language (French or German, sometimes Spanish), Maths, either Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Economics, an art, etc etc, and one more subject (I had Physics and Management for those two). If you want the ultimate highest level on your diploma you need to do either Latin or Ancient Greek or both, I used to do both but I dropped Latin. So that amounts to urrm 8 subjects not including the compulsory stuff that was PE, and something like Cultural studies (for me that changed into the enormously boring 'Classical cultural studies' because I did greek), and maybe something I forgot.

Australia generally doesn't have much requirements as a whole, more dependant on what you want to do at uni. (For example, if you wanted to do Actuarial Studies, which is what i did, there is a requirement of a certain score in maths, if you wanted to do Law, then there would be a requirement of a certain score in English.) The only exception to that is English, you pretty much have to do English. You could even get by without doing any maths at all. And in one place in Australia, you didn't even have to do English. Luckily for me, I live in that place (Canberra), so i didn't even use English in calculation towards my university entrance score. (I suck at English, so that was a total benefit)

European countries seem to put very heavy emphasis on languages, needing 3 languages and all. And what's with the Latin and Ancient Greek. Why would you need to learn an obsolete language that isn't even used anymore to get a good diploma? Seems really lame to me...

Meh, over here, all the highest acheiving students (in terms of uni entry score) are either maths nerds who get all their score from stuff like maths, physics and chemistry, or english nerds who get all their score from english, history and other language related stuff. (Or supernerds who are both crazy at maths, and languages at the same time. >.>)

Ge64 Wrote:So to have only 3 or 4 subjects would be too limiting, and with IB i have 6 chosen subjects, TOK and PE. I'm doing English standard (too bad it won't go lower. I could do it as a second language but then I'd have to do Chinese as a first language, and I don't speak a word Chinese. I hate literature, I'd much rather learn to write better letters or something), French standard, Philosophy standard, Physics higher, Maths higher and Business & Management higher. I have to do Dutch outside of school, but that isn't too bad.

I dropped out of the 6 subject IB just so I an only do 4 subjects. Well, I'm not a well rounded student at all, and the IB system just isn't suiting me. I sucked at world lit, and french, to the degree that I was almost comming last in my french class. On the other hand, I owned maths and physics. So the Canberra system where you can get all your score from 3.5 subjects suited me WAY better. Basically out of the 6 IB subjects, it allowed me to not use English and French in the calculations, thus getting rid of my weak stuff and leaving the strong.

Anyways, while I was doing IB, my program was pretty simmilar to yours. English standard, Maths higher, Physics Higher, IT standard, French standard, Chemistry Higher.
(This post was last modified: 02/03/2008 07:46 AM by Assassinator.)
02/03/2008 07:40 AM
Ge64
Former Admin ;)

Threads: 295
E-Pigs: 108.4795
Cool.

I just had to skip Business to do my World lit. It's still not very good but at least I almost have enough words now and I handed it in on time. I had to do an enormous heap of stuff for business and last lesson my teacher wasn't very happy either. It was pretty risky, my classmates kept coming right next to where I was and could recognise my bag standing outside. but oh well, nothing happennd and it worked out. Sucked though.

[Image: ub1985584.jpg]
03/03/2008 12:22 AM
Assassinator

Threads: 176
E-Pigs: 140.8363
Ge64 Wrote:Cool.

I just had to skip Business to do my World lit. It's still not very good but at least I almost have enough words now and I handed it in on time. I had to do an enormous heap of stuff for business and last lesson my teacher wasn't very happy either. It was pretty risky, my classmates kept coming right next to where I was and could recognise my bag standing outside. but oh well, nothing happennd and it worked out. Sucked though.

Don't worry too much about it...

I used to do stuff like that all the time. Skipping physics to do maths assingment, then skipping maths to do physics assignment...  And mainly skipping english to do other stuff, since english isn't counting towards my uni entrance score anyways...

It's bad practice, teachers hated me for that, but I got one of the highest scores in the end anyways.

oh, shi...  I shouldn't be encouraging you...Wis
(This post was last modified: 03/03/2008 05:20 PM by Assassinator.)
03/03/2008 05:18 PM